The Dolphins are Going to...GERMANY? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins are Going to...GERMANY?

What I don't get is why KC would agree to play there, unless it's for money. Or do they not give teams a choice? It's not like the NFL is going to ever let them host a SB.

What I don't get is why KC would agree to play there, unless it's for money. Or do they not give teams a choice? It's not like the NFL is going to ever let them host a SB.
I was unaware of the bye choice after playing overseas, that would likely be week 10 which isn't too bad I guess. As to the choice of KC, I think there is some form of agreement between the NFL and the games played overseas, KC was awarded Germany and Mexico as part of this growth agreement.

Jacksonville is basically London's home team now.

The third most traveled miles makes sense as well as some of the fewest number of time zone changes (due to mainly northeast travel)

="

So in 2023, we get NINE home and EIGHT road games right? And now one road game is neutral site, so just SEVEN games in hostile stadiums this year? Seems good to me, especially vs a team like the Chiefs! Normally it seems like it’s us losing the home field advantage on international games.

I recently moved from the West to the east coast. I absolutely can't stand that the nfl slate starts at 1 pm, as opposed to 10 am on the west. Not to mention the 10 pm primetime games out east, not just football but every sport. I'll gladly watch my fins at 9am, and still be blackout drunk at halftime.

Miami has lost four London games. Won one
We lost to Urban Meyer's Jaguars! Holy Cow!!!! Yeah, that's the checked-out Urban Meyer who let his team leave without him so he could go bang old Columbus flames after a Thursday night game. THAT team! Yuk!

I might actually learn something today. Is there anywhere in the world that it can be 0930 in one time zone and 0700 in another?

Actually yes…there are a few half time zones. Even some that are 45 minutes off. Really weird…

Fins have a hedged bet to attract more European fans.

I was referring prior to that. Been bouncing back and forth there since bout '10 and noticed it then. Also, in opposing stadiums, specifically in Foxborough there are a lot of UK and EU MIA fans that have shown up there over the years. The expansion is nice though, it puts some validity to the fact that our EU brethren supported the right team!

This is a huge game also. All things even, as both teams travel (albeit seeing the actual schedule yet) and a game on neutral ground. This is a big test. Wished it was a little earlier like the BAL game last year because winning those kinds of games really lights fires in teams.

Actually yes…there are a few half time zones. Even some that are 45 minutes off. Really weird…
Well, as I always say, it's 5pm somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom