The Dolphins have #5, #18 and #26 in the first round | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins have #5, #18 and #26 in the first round

Fitzpatrick can play behind a terrible line. Rosen cannot. Fitz knows multiple systems and has been around long enough that when things break down he can improvise. Rosen cannot at this point. When that line isn't working, it basically becomes back yard football.

Rosen has played 20 games in the NFL. All of them behind atrocious lines. He has never had a game better than a 88.9 QB rating and that was last year vs the Chargers. He has only 3 games in which he reached an 80 QB rating. Out of those 20 games, he has a 60% completion rate in just 5 games. His career comp % is 54.8% with a career rating of 52.

By way of comparison, as a rookie Tannehill had QB ratings of 112, 123, 93.7, 90.9, 92.3, 91 & 97.1. (7) games above 90.

Take the numbers however way you want but what it tells me is Rosen was over-drafted and not ready to play in the NFL. That does not mean he cannot be a good QB someday but he definitely needs some major coaching to get there. For all we know Aaron Rodgers would have started the same way but he got to sit for 3 years and learn. You just never know.
Feel free to look up how Rosen ranks on plays where he has time. Last year he was dead last in the NFL so the offensive line thing is really an irrelevant excuse. He's bad with or without time.

Feel free to look up how Rosen ranks on plays where he has time. Last year he was dead last in the NFL so the offensive line thing is really an irrelevant excuse. He's bad with or without time.
Based off last years showing you're right. I'm okay with giving him the year with a better oline if Tua and Burrow are off the board at 5 because us trading up makes no sense to me.

If they're off the board I'd rather we pick the best talent available and imo Herbert will be worse or equal to Rosen so is there much sense at using a #5 pick on him? If Rosen is still trash with a decent Oline then i'm all for drafting or bringing in a top QB next year.

It better be full speed ahead on a damn qb regardless of everything else but I keyed okudah last night in the national semi and i have to say his footwork and feet were exceptional. Mirror skills top shelf.

I can see why people have that top 5 now. His ability to match with his feet is a game changer.

I will continue to say that he needs to in off trust his tools a little more and squeeze down on the leveraged cushion but that might just be needs more reps.

See no reason to think anything otherwise. Or maybe he still doesn’t know how good he can be or how gifted he is. And when it comes to upside that’s the kind of stuff you bet on. Provided they have the work ethic. Which is for the decision makers to figure out.

Last edited:
I kind of wish we would just take the whole offseason and focus on the offense. Draft Tua, an o-line, and some weapons. Fix the D once we have an offense. No more waiting years to find out if the QB just needs a better line, or where the problem is. With a strong offense, we could probably attract enough talent to build a decent D in the coming years.

I kind of wish we would just take the whole offseason and focus on the offense. Draft Tua, an o-line, and some weapons. Fix the D once we have an offense. No more waiting years to find out if the QB just needs a better line, or where the problem is. With a strong offense, we could probably attract enough talent to build a decent D in the coming years.

Plus, you could always look at D in 2021 or have a more mixed approach in 2021 then really focus on D in 2022.

Your point is correct. Get your QB and get him everything he needs so that you can evaluate him as quickly as possible and - even more importantly - give him every opportunity to succeed.

Miami is going to have to make sacrifices. It's a bad roster that needs significant help just about everywhere - including all the premium positions. Fix the OL and give the QB the best targets/weapons possible.

We still need to replace the pro bowl capital we dumped for these garbage picks. Smart move, pro bowl safety for number 18? Top 5-10 LT for 20 something? If you say it wouldn’t be a steal to get those player with those picks you’re lying.

We still need to replace the pro bowl capital we dumped for these garbage picks. Smart move, pro bowl safety for number 18? Top 5-10 LT for 20 something? If you say it wouldn’t be a steal to get those player with those picks you’re lying.
It's water under the bridge, at this point. The past can't be changed. Your opinion of those trades has been posted many many times. What's the point of continuing to do so?

How about posting your opinion on the best way to procede, in the context of the thread?

Actually they trade Tunsil for two 1st and 2nd, so saying they traded him for the 20th pick is a little misleading. I can't say what the future whould have held, but I doubt Fitzpatrick would have made the 2020 Pro Bowl had he stayed in Miami. The scheme and the way he was used were such that the secondary actually played better this season after Fitzpatrick left. I'm not saying the improved play was due to Fitzpatrick leaving, just that he and the defense as a whole struggled early in the season.

How about posting your opinion on the best way to procede, in the context of the thread?

Good luck with that pipe dream lol ...a lot of the posters only come in to blast others opinions then leave until they can do it again. Most of them never answer questions like "what's your opinion" or "why do you think that"...when cornered they come off as childish or say something like " I've got better things to do" … lmao

We have the chance to pick a QB at 5 (who is not injured) and groom him for an entire season (unless he surpasses expectations) AND attack the OL AND add a high value RB AND grab an edge rusher in the first 2 rounds …

Not to mention grab OL, edge and CB in FA …. but many want to take an injured QB by trading away any other potential starters (draft picks) including any high target OL that we could have

So we end up with a QB who may/may not play again at a sustained high level (or at all) and we still have no OL … unless we are able to by some 30+ guys in FA who may/may not be at the end of their careers and looking for that final big pay day … no running game because the OL still sucks and probably no def starters so same ol' same ol'

Of course this is all conjecture and my opinion but I would not gamble on the 2nd scenario I mentioned … it would have a huge negative impact for more than a minute

Plus, you could always look at D in 2021 or have a more mixed approach in 2021 then really focus on D in 2022.

Your point is correct. Get your QB and get him everything he needs so that you can evaluate him as quickly as possible and - even more importantly - give him every opportunity to succeed.

Miami is going to have to make sacrifices. It's a bad roster that needs significant help just about everywhere - including all the premium positions. Fix the OL and give the QB the best targets/weapons possible.

well going by your post that would eliminate Tua...I believe most feel he’ll need to sit out most if not all of next year.

I think by the time the Dolphins end up making their first pick if they want to draft Tua they will have to move up to the 3rd spot in the draft to get him. If that happens I think they will have to give up the 5th pick and one of their other first round picks. So assuming they do want to draft a Tua, I suspect the Dolphins will just have 2 first round picks and not three.

It better be full speed ahead on a damn qb regardless of everything else but I keyed okudah last night in the national semi and i have to say his footwork and feet were exceptional. Mirror skills top shelf.

I can see why people have that top 5 now. His ability to match with his feet is a game changer.

I will continue to say that he needs to in off trust his tools a little more and squeeze down on the leveraged cushion but that might just be needs more reps.

See no reason to think anything otherwise. Or maybe he still doesn’t know how good he can be or how gifted he is. And when it comes to upside that’s the kind of stuff you bet on. Provided they have the work ethic. Which is for the decision makers to figure out.

I really wish we could have seen him work against LSU.

OSU baffles me, they have great positions coaches, all those players come out well developed, they have as much talent as any team in the top 5 and yet, they always seem to lose in the playoffs. I think it has to be game day coaching.

Back
Top Bottom