The Dolphins have #5, #18 and #26 in the first round | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins have #5, #18 and #26 in the first round

I dont want to trade up. I am starting to think that they will take Tua if he is there, just a hunch, as I think Burrow, Young, Thomas and probably Wirfs will be gone. If Tua is there, then I wouldnt be dissapointed if Miami chose him. But if any of the other 4 mentioned are there, then thats where my 1st pick will be.

The rest of our 1sts, , probably trade back if possible and get another 1st rounder for next year.

Pleeeeesse no trading. And pleeeease no overrated Herbert, or injury Tua.

As much as I like Tannehill, he's only thrown less than 100 yards each game in playoffs, and yet his team is still in it.

Fitzpatrick is a good QB for now. Fix the OL, DL, get a strong runningback first.

I'm predicting a trade down thou not up. I dont see us moving pick 5. I'm still thinking Herbert at 5.
I think grier will be angling for another rd 1 or 2 2021 pick to come out of this draft. In order to get that grier needs to move 18. Also think that's a great spot as I believe there will be 3-4 players there teams will want to move for

id trade 18 for a pick in the 35-42 range and a 2021 1st

I fully expect us to not draft at all three of these positions. There will be trades, up, down, maybe back into the first, or out of the first, or up to 3 overall.

Night one of the draft is going to be a lot of fun.

I dont want to trade up. I am starting to think that they will take Tua if he is there, just a hunch, as I think Burrow, Young, Thomas and probably Wirfs will be gone. If Tua is there, then I wouldnt be dissapointed if Miami chose him. But if any of the other 4 mentioned are there, then thats where my 1st pick will be.

The rest of our 1sts, , probably trade back if possible and get another 1st rounder for next year.
I think Wirfs is a RT. I still do not want Tua at 5, but in 2 years I sure may have to say I am wrong. I go OL, DL, heavy. Would also think with the X problem we may have our CB need bumped up.

I fully expect us to not draft at all three of these positions. There will be trades, up, down, maybe back into the first, or out of the first, or up to 3 overall.

Night one of the draft is going to be a lot of fun.
Hopefully it will be fun. Grier has the potential to make us all sick.

How did Ireland suck so much here and is now doing a great job in minny...
Because he isn’t the GM with the Saints and therefore he isn’t the person making the final decision on the players selected in the draft.

Lions will have fun with those picks.
Hopefully Grier will not be dumb enough to trade up to draft an injury prone QB. The Titans prove you don’t need a franchise QB to go far in the playoffs. You need a solid offensive line and a quality defense and a top tier RB.
With all the draft picks and money the Dolphins can build this type team over the next two years but they
will have a harder time doing so if they waste drafts picks by trading up and drafting Tua. If they are determined to draft him at 5 , I can live with that. Yet no way they should give up any of their drafts picks
to move up and draft him.

Hopefully Grier will not be dumb enough to trade up to draft an injury prone QB. The Titans prove you don’t need a franchise QB to go far in the playoffs. You need a solid offensive line and a quality defense and a top tier RB.
With all the draft picks and money the Dolphins can build this type team over the next two years but they
will have a harder time doing so if they waste drafts picks by trading up and drafting Tua. If they are determined to draft him at 5 , I can live with that. Yet no way they should give up any of their drafts picks
I feel the same way. I like Tua and I'm willing to take a chance on him getting and staying healthy if we take him at 5.......then build with all our other picks. I sure hope we didn't get rid of Tunsil and Minkah for those picks just to trade those picks for just one player. The reason you trade away players for picks is to build a whole team, not to draft one QB.

The end goal is to WIN a Super Bowl. We will see if the Titans can beat our Mahomes and then possibly Rodgers to win a Super Bowl.

That being said, Tannehill was playing like an mvp candidate for most of the season.

You still need a QB.

Without turning this into a thread about RT17 you may want to look at the 9 game run he had to get the Titans to the playoffs. 3rd in TD passes and yards in the NFL since making his entrance when the Titans were 2-4. They finished 7-2 with him playing.

Henry is carrying them through they playoffs but the Titans don't sniff the playoffs without Tannehill's play to get them there. QB doesn't need to be elite but he better play solid for your team to have success.

The end goal is to WIN a Super Bowl. We will see if the Titans can beat our Mahomes and then possibly Rodgers to win a Super Bowl.

That being said, Tannehill was playing like an mvp candidate for most of the season.

You still need a QB.
I have no problem with them drafting a QB. I just have a problem with trading draft picks to move up and draft a QB who has had so many injuries over the last two years. Even if he is cleared by the doctors it doesn’t mean his hip will allow him to have a career in the NFL.

There has never been a player who has come back after this type of hip surgery to have a long career in the NFL. I just don’t think you can give up draft picks on a player who has suffered the type of injury Tua has suffered. Using one pick on him might be worth the risk but trading up and giving up more draft resources makes no sense to me.

So is the goal the POs or winning a SB it is hard fact proven that SBs are won by commander and chief types

Shall we list them?

Back
Top Bottom