The Dolphins have designated QB Tua Tagovailoa for return from IR | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins have designated QB Tua Tagovailoa for return from IR

I am happy he will possibly play, but will Tua's sore ribs limit how far he can throw it? Will we be forced into a short passing game?

As long as the Fins play not to lose on offense, there's not a single QB who will make a diff... We can go on and on about QB is the most important position in football, if you only let him throw ~ 25 times a game, you're simply not letting him show if he can do it or not. Stop playing scared, Tua did very well in the 3 games where they let him throw the most. Give him the ****ing keys to the truck already, you're 1-4 anyway.

Also even if we have to go max protect. Please protect the kid.
So hard for me to imagine we’re going to go into this game with Jesse Davis still protecting Tua’s blindside, but it looks like that’s the plan. I wouldn’t even bother with Smythe or Shaheen, I’d play another OL on the right side. Put Little out there and play 6 OL.

As long as the Fins play not to lose on offense, there's not a single QB who will make a diff... We can go on and on about QB is the most important position in football, if you only let him throw ~ 25 times a game, you're simply not letting him show if he can do it or not. Stop playing scared, Tua did very well in the 3 games where they let him throw the most. Give him the ****ing keys to the truck already, you're 1-4 anyway.
We need to come out throwing a bit to get him comfortable and keep him on the move. Maybe hurry up at times. Throw to open up the run lanes

So hard for me to imagine we’re going to go into this game with Jesse Davis still protecting Tua’s blindside, but it looks like that’s the plan. I wouldn’t even bother with Smythe or Shaheen, I’d play another OL on the right side. Put Little out there and play 6 OL.

Can Little catch? I mean if he's going to be tackle eligible might as well use it once or twice.

Yeah! It’s insane that Davis is still a starter. They been putting and extra TE on his side recently.

chuck norris sun GIF

That goes for me too.

The setup for Tua is as good as can be. Come back to save the team vs 3 ****ty *** teams out of 4. Puts us at 4-5 with a fighting chance, better make it happen. No more excuses. It’s go time.

I just hope we stick with that Oline setup from the Bucs game. It wasn’t great but it was substantially better than anything we had all year, but I guess that’s not saying much. Wouldn’t might moving Hunt to RT and Kindley to RG like last year, but ya.
I get your point, but this offense sucks for a lot of reasons unrelated to QB play. The schedule sets up well for his comeback, but having no offensive coordinator and Jesse Davis as your blindside tackle isn’t exactly an ideal setup for a young QB. Even if he plays perfectly, Tua’s going to get rocked like 3-4 times a game just based on Davis being unable to block.

I get your point, but this offense sucks for a lot of reasons unrelated to QB play. The schedule sets up well for his comeback, but having no offensive coordinator and Jesse Davis as your blindside tackle isn’t exactly an ideal setup for a young QB. Even if he plays perfectly, Tua’s going to get rocked like 3-4 times a game just based on Davis being unable to block.
I see your point too, but to say that it is unrelated to QB play is a stretch as well. We have bad QB play so far this year.

QBs get rushed on other teams too and scramble and make BIG plays. We have not show the ability to do that AT ALL.

Back
Top Bottom