The Dolphins have placed DJ Fluker on injured reserve. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins have placed DJ Fluker on injured reserve.

Players placed on injured reserve during training camp are not eligible to be among players permitted to be designated to return to the team this season. But the Dolphins can reach an injury settlement, cut him and then re-sign him to play for them this season.

There was also a minor issue regarding a conditioning test, according to a team source. But the injury is what landed Fluker on IR.

Fluker started 14 games for Seattle in 2019 and eight for Baltimore in 2020. He was expected to be the Dolphins’ top swing backup tackle and possibly compete for a starting job.

he had no chance against Offensive Rookie of the Year Candidate Larnel Coleman anyway.

Hopefully gives kids like Robert Jones a shot.

We are building a lot of young depth at OL. Losing DJ's experience is the only element I see truly not replaceable with the current roster.

I guess they weren't interested in trying to keep him around.

x has done that twice played in 6 weeks each time. I’m not kidding ya.

they obviously aren’t very excited about what fluker had to offer if it’s a thanks but no thanks injury settlement

As I've said before... I never thought Fluker was any kind of lock to make the team and I thought he'd eventually be waived. He's a lousy RT and is basically a RG only at this point. He doesn't play Center.

He was signed as insurance... it didn't work. Have a nice life.

If he is only going to be out 3-4 weeks, why would the team cut him later when he is healthy?
Probably for cap/roster reasons. They can try someone else out for 4 weeks, then make the decision on whether to cut for Fluker again.

I feel bad for the big guy. I hope he puts as much into rehab as he did the weight loss. No reason he can't be employed somewhere for another 3-4 seasons as a backup.

Could be a coincidence, but his dramatic body transformation followed almost immediately by a serious injury screams PEDs to me.

Back
Top Bottom