The dolphins have that many future pro bowlers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The dolphins have that many future pro bowlers?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
This team is talented; however, a lot of us fin fans might give more credit to certain players than they deserve. I am not saying that these players don't deserve the benefit of the doubt; however, a lot of us are taking the "Chris Chambers" approach when it comes to potential talent.

The reason why I use Chris Chambers is because of his talent when he came here, and also why he was equally as inconsistent (don't bring the qb excuse". So far I don't see a roster that convinces me enough to believe that we will do much in the coming seasons. While our current talent is hopeful, our talent in this team is based too much on potential rather than substance. Much like our 2nd round choice during the last draft.

I would say Henne would be a future pro bowler someday. He just needs a #1 WR to go with that arm of his. Henne can make every throw that there is. If what we saw last year from Henne was good next year he will be even better. I say in 3yrs time he will be in the pro bowl.

Henne, Smith, Davis, and Wake all have the "potential" to be pro bowlers, nobody knows if it will ever happen for any of them but they have they all definitely have the talent. Then there are guys like Starks, and Polite who already play at pro bowl levels.

Well of course the team is based on players with potenial. We are only two years/drafts into a total rebuilding process. I see a lot on this team that leaves me optimistic about our future. Give it another year or two for these youg ng guys to reach their full potential.

Well the pro bowl is not the best measuring stick.
Ronnie, Ricky, Long, Smiley, Grove, Carey, Polite, are Pro Bowl type players.

Vontae Davis is going to be a monster in this league. He took his licks this year, but I strongly believe that he will be a perennial pro bowler in the near future. Some of the plays he made this season showed flashes of a kind of talent that none of our DB's have showed since the Madison/Surtain days.

vontae davis is no doubt a future probowler, but he has to keep workin hard, if he lets up a lil bit he wont be.

i think polite might make it next year, hes slowly getting more publicity for how stellar of a blocker he is.

any of our top 3 corners, allen, smith, davis have a shot at it next year IMO, the rooks will be leaps ahead and our front 7 will help them more...

Jake won't miss a probowl in his career.

maybe Mt. Vernon will start getting there, if he can lighten up and get back to his old form..

Well the pro bowl is not the best measuring stick.
Ronnie, Ricky, Long, Smiley, Grove, Carey, Polite, are Pro Bowl type players.

If Ronnie continues on his current injury pace
of 20 games missed in the past 5 years plus the outstanding RBs in the AFC I think his chances are remote but now a days so many players drop out of the pro bowl that every tom,dick,and harry has a chance.

This is Rickey's last season by his mouth so I doubt he makes the pro bowl.

Jake Long was only voted to the Pro Bowl in his first year because Jason Peters backed out...so Long backed into the pro bowl his first season.Long is a very good player and I would have to say he should be a pro bowler for many years.

Smiley has missed 13 games in the past 3 seasons...pro bowl type players do not consistently miss games.

Grove is an enigma one of the best WHEN he plays but 31 missed games in 6 seasons does not translate to pro bowl type player
He played one full season out of 6...just not good enough.

Carey has been slighted for a few years now and is one player that deserves to be in the pro bowl,plays at a high level,plays with injuries,and has missed only 2 games in 6 years

Polite had a great season blocking,and short yardage running and did deserve a pro bowl nod this past season.Not counting Polite's rookie season when he played only 1 game he has missed 22 games in 5 seasons and this past year was the first that he didn't miss a game.Lets see if this past season was an aberration or the previous 5 seasons.

Randy Starks should have received a pro bowl nod in my opinion but defensive ends in a 3/4 don't usually get nominated to the pro bowl...

of course our kicker should be on the list as
Carpenter is only lacking in foot strength but has every other facet of kicking down pat.

All of the above players are very good when healthy ...pro bowl/type who really cares
when the whole process is a popularity contest in the end...I'll settle for good play and a healthy season for all our players.

This team is talented; however, a lot of us fin fans might give more credit to certain players than they deserve. I am not saying that these players don't deserve the benefit of the doubt; however, a lot of us are taking the "Chris Chambers" approach when it comes to potential talent.

The reason why I use Chris Chambers is because of his talent when he came here, and also why he was equally as inconsistent (don't bring the qb excuse". So far I don't see a roster that convinces me enough to believe that we will do much in the coming seasons. While our current talent is hopeful, our talent in this team is based too much on potential rather than substance. Much like our 2nd round choice during the last draft.

I never understood potential what with our second round pick. Hell Chambers produced better than most of our first round picks.

Back
Top Bottom