The Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry has some cryptic tweets. Let’s try to make sense of them | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry has some cryptic tweets. Let’s try to make sense of them

We'll see. I'm over talking about it to be honest. I'm at the let him walk, watch it go disastrously, and wait for the 'if Thill only had _____' phase.

Landry is crap only on this forum. I just hope everyone realizes that.
That's because we see him every game..The common fan knows him as OBJ's bestie.

all you guys saying you dont care if he is back or not or he is this or that will miss him if he is not here

I don't want to lose Landry or greatly overpay to keep him but if he does leave maybe it's possible that Caroo shows he really does have something. The same way that once Drake finally got a chance to really prove himself he showed that he was better than Ajayi.

Love that when it seems like we will lose Landry he is suddenly hated by all of FH. Give me a break. Guy plays his heart and soul every week for the Fins and wants to win. He is setting NFL records and always brings his 100% each game. But now fans hate him and want him gone?

Love that when it seems like we will lose Landry he is suddenly hated by all of FH. Give me a break. Guy plays his heart and soul every week for the Fins and wants to win. He is setting NFL records and always brings his 100% each game. But now fans hate him and want him gone?

There have been a lot of people critical of Landry, or less than enamored with Landry, for a while now. Even though I think his personal foul antics are certainly worth considering, let's put those aside for the moment and look solely at his play as a receiver during the whistle.

I think he's a good player, but I'm very open to the idea that Miami could allocate the cap resources the team would spend on Landry to another position on the team, and then see what Grant or Carroo -- or a draft pick -- could do in the slot. For instance, if you told me right now that we would draft Braxton Berrios (and note: I am not a UM fan), I'd say "Good luck, Jarvis." Why? Because I think that player can run the same routes we ask Landry to run, and we probably won't lose much effectiveness, and he's projected as a 4th(?) round draft pick.

So no, I don't feel that the role he plays is irreplaceable, or even close to it. Good player? Yes. Worth 12+ million dollars annually against our cap as a guy who runs crossers, flares, and screens? No!

Funny how all of the Landry supporters never mention the money, aside from implying they'd give him whatever he wants.

Nobody here wouldn't keep Landry at a reasonable salary. Landry wants more than a reasonable salary.

That's the main obstacle the way I see it at this point, so I'm assuming some are for franchising and paying that huge amount.?

I want him at a fair price which in my eyes would be top slot plus incentives to make more...for instance yds, td, etc. No way he gets top 3 wr bucks, no can do.

There have been a lot of people critical of Landry, or less than enamored with Landry, for a while now. Even though I think his personal foul antics are certainly worth considering, let's put those aside for the moment and look solely at his play as a receiver during the whistle.

I think he's a good player, but I'm very open to the idea that Miami could allocate the cap resources the team would spend on Landry to another position on the team, and then see what Grant or Carroo -- or a draft pick -- could do in the slot. For instance, if you told me right now that we would draft Braxton Berrios (and note: I am not a UM fan), I'd say "Good luck, Jarvis." Why? Because I think that player can run the same routes we ask Landry to run, and we probably won't lose much effectiveness, and he's projected as a 4th(?) round draft pick.

So no, I don't feel that the role he plays is irreplaceable, or even close to it. Good player? Yes. Worth 12+ million dollars annually against our cap as a guy who runs crossers, flares, and screens? No!

It won't even be 12 JDW if he signs long term IMO. again we all know its about the guaranteed monies etc.. but I bet he won't sign for that..

sign me up for a Braxton-

btw did anyone see this..

Ryan McDowell‏Verified account @RyanMc23 31 Dec 2017
Texans RB Lamar Miller has been a rumored cap cut. He has one carry while Alfred Blue has 14 touches and a touchdown.

They need to just move on from him

Ozzy rules!
Kinda hard with him being a free agent, but perhaps we could shop him around for no less than a 2nd and if we find a buyer we can do a sign and trade.

Landry is gone. And I doubt we miss him one bit. Ask yourself what is truly special about his game? The fact he breaks a few tackles or makes a highlight reel one handed grab on a 4 yard crosser? He gets the lion's share of targets and therefore generates yardage at a dismal average. Remember even Brian Hartline had two 1k seasons when he was getting most of the targets.

Paying Landry is setting yourself up for the same plodding offense that is forced to run through him, not to mention hamstringing the team from acquiring other talent.

And for those concerned about NE signing him, yeah, it's possible, if Landry is willing to take 8-9M/yr to play for a championship. I highly doubt that.

It won't even be 12 JDW if he signs long term IMO. again we all know its about the guaranteed monies etc.. but I bet he won't sign for that..

sign me up for a Braxton-

btw did anyone see this..

Ryan McDowell‏Verified account @RyanMc23 31 Dec 2017
Texans RB Lamar Miller has been a rumored cap cut. He has one carry while Alfred Blue has 14 touches and a touchdown.

If Dion Sims and Lamar Miller get cut, I'd love to bring them both back to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom