The Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry has some cryptic tweets. Let’s try to make sense of them | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry has some cryptic tweets. Let’s try to make sense of them

Dion Sims was a very underrated player in Miami...HE could easily upgrade what Fasano did.

I felt like Sims really blossomed in 2016 when we did a better job of getting him space in the passing game (i.e. he wasn't stuck holding hands with 3 other guys running shallow crossers) and he had the chance to get the ball in his hands and run with it. The first couple of times he looked confused, like "Wait a second, I have green grass here?" but then you could really see him just rediscover how to run north and south and use his size. Watching him truck DBs down the sideline was glorious.

they already tried jakeem grant in the slot the year before last in camp etc and it was a massive failure. gase basically said in a much nicer way his football iq wasn't high enough for it

option routes and 2 way goes aren't for everybody

Well he's said that about Landry, too.

I just read earlier today Gase saying that you can play Grant "outside, inside or even line him up at RB"

Ozzy rules!!

I just read earlier today Gase saying that you can play Grant "outside, inside or even line him up at RB"

Ozzy rules!!

well last year he said it was too much thinking for him or something along those lines...maybe things have changed

he said juice has a low football iq?

wow...I don't see it anywhere near that way

Well, remember when Gase in his presser said his "best players" didn't take their work home and study football? And that was after the game where Landry took a couple of option routes straight into coverage and Moore actually threw em correctly, so they were way off?

And then we saw that Gase admitted he was dumbing down the offense because "his best players" couldn't be trusted with the offense but he wanted to get them the ball? Look at how we use Landry with all the damn screens and flares just to get him the ball.

All I'm saying is, I think there's a strong correlation there. More than the dumb personal fouls or perceived value, it's the reason why I'm OK with the team moving on from Landry. If the choice is between Gase running his offense to its highest potential, or Miami having 'sparkplug' Jarvis Landry, I think I am going to choose Gase on this one.

I guess where I'm at on this subject is that I agree Jarvis Landry is a good football player, but i don't think he is a great one. But he wants to be paid like he is...

I'd like to see the gif evidence of those plays with moore where juice ran the wrong option route

anybody has the gifs please provide them

I couldn't delete this years game tapes fast enough

LeBron James has made it impossible to try and dissect an athlete's mind on social media. Not touching this one with a ten foot pole.

I don't even understand the purpose of that click bait article. There's one tweet in there that has room for discussion. Everything else doesn't even need an explanation.

Our sports media people are the shittiest in the nation. By far.

A major indicator here is that the FO did not resign him last year. If they thought he was gold, they would have inked him.
I'm either way with Landry AND his expected salary. For all his antics and penalties, he has much better upside than down.
This is all going to come down to money. He wants to get paid. And there's not a thing we fans can do about it except for wait and watch.

well last year he said it was too much thinking for him or something along those lines...maybe things have changed
Our ever changing team. He even said today that he likes Stills inside too. Imo just because somebody lines up inside doesn't mean we have to run the bubble screen for them. I like having Parker, Stills and Grant all out there at the same time because all 3 can score from anywhere. That's not normally the case with Landry

Ozzy rules!!

Look, I think Landry is an exceptional player. I truly do. But I also think he shouldn't be paid 14 mil a year. Davante Adams got a new contract but Landry isn't as dynamic as Adams. If we could get a true #1 to pair with Landry that would be ideal. But honestly we aren't going to get a true #1 if we are paying Landry 14 mil. He essentially becomes our #1 WR. A WR that doesn't run deep routes or even deep-ish intermediate routes. He doesn't have the long speed nor long strides to break away at that distance.

And Grant can't play the slot. He's an X or Z. A True #1 would be Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, etc. Bryants a little old but he was open a lot with Prescott throwing terrible passes. IF we paired someone like that with Landry, he would be amazing for us. I would take Keenan Allen over Landry 10/10 times as well.

I'd like to see the gif evidence of those plays with moore where juice ran the wrong option route

anybody has the gifs please provide them

I couldn't delete this years game tapes fast enough

He was talking about Landry, I believe. Still has extremely high IQ and usually runs his option routes/reads coverages correctly.

Back
Top Bottom