The Dolphins Rated Him A High Draft Pick But Didn’t Select Him. It’s Working Out Well, Anyway | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Rated Him A High Draft Pick But Didn’t Select Him. It’s Working Out Well, Anyway

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Think Parker is feeling the pressure? Maybe this will motivate him and we can have two competent big bodied WRs.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fmaven-user-photos%2Fdolphins%2Fnews%2FCrb0WriVcEOM2i7tNPwPeg%2Fyffdhn-j1Eya4lo2Wuoxgg

The most impressive wide receiver on the Miami Dolphins practice field on Monday? The guy who caught a handful of passes, including a 40-yard touchdown.

The most impressive rookie of the training camp so far? The player who has consistently shown up workout after workout and factored in what has happened on the field, doing so in such obvious fashion that everyone is noticing.

And we’re talking about the same person.

Preston Williams.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article233549642.html

I believe parker will come into his own and start opposite williams with wilson and stills underneath but probably this is stills last season in mia. I see good things to come for many years from this young group of receivers now we just need to find that next marino.

I believe parker will come into his own and start opposite williams with wilson and stills underneath but probably this is stills last season in mia. I see good things to come for many years from this young group of receivers now we just need to find that next marino.

Got him...Chosen Rosen!....2020 is going to be great after that draft!

I think people on here think parker is better than avg. If u not good by ur 4 or 5 yr at wr.. your not going be super star. He can be avg. I would rather give Williams a chance and see
What he can do.

I like Williams better than many of our recent draft picks. I hope he makes the team. Brice Butler is nothing special

I think before the hype came, before he took a snap during otas, just based on college film, CK had the best most accurate quote about Preston Williams..

“Preston Williams is our 2nd best acquisition in the offseason”. { A quote that deserves national attention}

I agreed with that evaluation and thought the combination of his talent and the Flores effect, we were gonna have ourselves a player..

I enjoy listening to him talk as well, he seems very conscientious about what he needs to do to become a pro..hope it’s not all talk..

Its exciting as hell when you land a player of this quality for peanuts, really helps you get where you wanna go when your personal Dept is finding value like this.

Last edited:
That must have been one hell of a shove/push.

Domestics draw attention and for many, it is rare that they end up being an isolated incident during their lives.

I agree it’s rare but that must have been a shove down a flight of steps or something to get black balled at that level.

One things for sure domestics is a big deal for the nfl and they are making massive examples of those that do

As far as the "assault" and severity -- he was not charged with battery (the physical end of assault).

Most cops are aggressive about domestics nowadays whereas in the past you wouldn't get arrested

for an "aggressive argument" -- you most likely will now (involving a cohabitation etc.).

Prior to that -- it doesn't seem like the kid had a violent past. But according to Armando's report

there apparently were some warning signs in Williams' past with the team. I had never heard about that

before -- but it's safe to assume the NFL teams that did background checks on the kid found that as well.

On the surface there's no reason to believe Williams is a bad apple and destined to get tangled in the law

in the future. Beyond that -- have to hope he's been counselled and will be mentored by the Dolphins

org. In fact he stated in his interview he's getting some guidance from other players about being a PRO

and one would assume part of that is about not blowing the opportunity he has.

From his interviews the kid seems to have his head on right and is definitely demonstrating focus

on the field. So one day at a time -- but the signs are certainly really positive right now. IMO.

PS: I remember we avoided Randy Moss (JJ draft) because of "character concerns" etc. I'm glad we didn't avoid this one...

Reminds me of a young Brandon Marshall. In more ways than one. Which is funny because isn't Marshall mentoring him or something?

Reminds me of a young Brandon Marshall. In more ways than one. Which is funny because isn't Marshall mentoring him or something?

Yea, exactly. Thought the same thing + and -

Not sure re "mentoring" but was working out with -- Fitzy hooked 'em up.

Back
Top Bottom