The Dolphins really are a Breath of Fresh Air | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins really are a Breath of Fresh Air

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For the other teams on their schedule that is. I bet the jets are breathing in that fresh air right now in anticipation of a win next week! I heard Dan Lebitard today call the Dolphins Penicillin. Good for what ails other teams.

The funny thing is that jets week is usually filled with the most vitriolic and caustic language between fans. The trash talking is huge this week. But not this year. Seriously, what can jets fans say? "dolphins suck".......yeah we know. "we are gonna kill you this game".........good, please do. We aren't hoping for wins. It's like they couldn't say anything inflammatory if they tried.

It's almost surreal. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for the inevitable display of douchebaggery to debut my new graphic. Thanks for coming through and helping me underscore a long-contended point. :up:

24nkwmd-1.jpg

The funny thing is that jets week is usually filled with the most vitriolic and caustic language between fans. The trash talking is huge this week. But not this year. Seriously, what can jets fans say? "dolphins suck".......yeah we know. "we are gonna kill you this game".........good, please do. We aren't hoping for wins. It's like they couldn't say anything inflammatory if they tried.

It's almost surreal. Lol

Whats funny is if we win we are only a half game behind the Jets (or a half game ahead for Luck). Right now we both suck.

For the other teams on their schedule that is. I bet the jets are breathing in that fresh air right now in anticipation of a win next week! I heard Dan Lebitard today call the Dolphins Penicillin. Good for what ails other teams.
trust me, as bad as we have played, and as much as people think the dolphins suck( who can blame them at this point) i can guarantee you the jets are not sitting their breathing fresh air thinking this will be a gimme.

its a divisional game first of all, so throw out all records. secondly, its a big rivalry, so it adds more juice to it despite records. third, its the nfl. week to week its different. their are no gimmes. im sure you also though, as did many, that the giants would dismantle the seahawks yesterday, but we all know how that turned out.

bottom line, not saying we will win necessarily, but what i can guarantee you is that the jets are not thinking of this game as a walk in the park.

I was waiting for the inevitable display of douchebaggery to debut my new graphic. Thanks for coming through and helping me underscore a long-contended point. :up:

24nkwmd-1.jpg
I agree it should be a privalege, however I don't see anything wrong with this particular thread. The OP was simply stating what Lebetard said. Also the OP is correct in assuming each team we play have our game circled as a win. These are facts, not opinions. There are much worse threads out there than this one. Ie.. Every "trade for Tim Tebow" thread.

Yes, the thread title could have been less douchey, but to simply call the thread douchebagged because you don't like the substance seems a bit myopic. We no longer have "should win" games. We are the team that other teams look at us and say thats a "should win" game. That is not denial, that is reality.

You are right, but you can bet every person on the planet that is not a Miami fan is saying this is a game that the Jets should win (as I stated in my previous post). The only games Miami should win are against Denver and (maybe) KC. Every other team we play is a should win for that team.
trust me, as bad as we have played, and as much as people think the dolphins suck( who can blame them at this point) i can guarantee you the jets are not sitting their breathing fresh air thinking this will be a gimme.

its a divisional game first of all, so throw out all records. secondly, its a big rivalry, so it adds more juice to it despite records. third, its the nfl. week to week its different. their are no gimmes. im sure you also though, as did many, that the giants would dismantle the seahawks yesterday, but we all know how that turned out.

bottom line, not saying we will win necessarily, but what i can guarantee you is that the jets are not thinking of this game as a walk in the park.

You are right, but you can bet every person on the planet that is not a Miami fan is saying this is a game that the Jets should win (as I stated in my previous post). The only games Miami should win are against Denver and (maybe) KC. Every other team we play is a should win for that team.
o for sure, im not going to argue with you their. heck most miami fans prob think the jets will win.

i was just saying in response to this guys post that, in the nfl, especially divisional games, no games are gimmes, and that the jets are not sitting in their team meetings thinking this is a gimme, a joke of a game,etc.

I agree it should be a privalege, however I don't see anything wrong with this particular thread. The OP was simply stating what Lebetard said. Also the OP is correct in assuming each team we play have our game circled as a win. These are facts, not opinions. There are much worse threads out there than this one. Ie.. Every "trade for Tim Tebow" thread.

Yes, the thread title could have been less douchey, but to simply call the thread douchebagged because you don't like the substance seems a bit myopic. We no longer have "should win" games. We are the team that other teams look at us and say thats a "should win" game. That is not denial, that is reality.

Lebasstard is the Arm-And-Oh Salguero of the airwaves. nothing more, nothing less.

Do you honestly believe ANY team circles a game and just automatically calls it a victory? This is a serious question?

Its 5 freakin weeks into a 16 game season.

You guys honestly make me wonder if they have legalized hallucinagins in certain parts of the Country/World

What is with people who only only post negative **** about the Dolphins?

Are they Jet's trolls? Really, WTF?

Also the OP is correct in assuming each team we play have our game circled as a win. These are facts, not opinions.
How can something assumed be a fact?

Say what you will, but it's a douchey move misrepresenting or teasing the Thread Title, especially when positives are so few these days to set false expectations only to shovel more ****.

Now you and I don't always agree, although we used to more often, but both of us have been here suffering through other tough times and have earned our ability to create new, even negative, threads due to that credibility. My issue is with newbies, who essentially come in, more often than not, start threads to bash everything.. whom we don't know from adam.. and who well could be trolls from other teams disguised in fins garb or armchair commandos who are now taking a sudden interest in team they casual root for :idk:

Note that I attacked the post, not the poster and stand by the nature of its douchebaggery as well as the validity of my crusade to restrict unproven, unknown new members from puking out whatever comes to mind in attention-whoring fashion until they satisfy the test of time and reasonable post quality.

I don't think that's unreasonable, do you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom