The Dolphins Receiver Room Battle Royale | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Receiver Room Battle Royale

As of right now I would say
Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Williams, Bowden and Foster

Gesicki, Smyth, Long, Carter.

A sleeper you don't have listed is Tucker. Like Carter, he's more of an hb/te/fb type but he could push for the fourth te spot. I like Shaheen, but if you stick with Gesicki and Long as receiving tight ends I'm not sure where Shaheen fits. Myarick and Blout likely end up on practice squad.

Based on talent and potential the WR room would be,
Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Wilson
Bowden

The TE room would be

Gesicki
Long
Shaheen who was extended for a reason
Carter who's here as a FB/HB more so than as a TE
I agree w this w Grant beating out Wilson. The big return plays are too important to “cut”.

Guy has been the best PR / KR guy since he entered the league while accounting for the most return TDs in that span.

What would you call that? Just "good"?

What are you using as your metric for the best? Touchdowns, based on your second statement. I personally like that stat but I think averages overall are more important to coaching staffs.

Id say hes a damn good punt returner. No question there. He's a shitty receiver who has no upside. Hes also (edit 5) mm. He's got a good skillset, but it really depends on how risk averse the FO is. Grant is limited. He is what he is. You likely keep him for a year based on the numbers alone, and out of concern for Waddle turning out to be a true #1, a guy you absolutely do not let return punts.

Hey, by chance, what did we draft 6th overall? Any idea?

100% will be on team
Waddle
Fuller

90% will be on team (might be traded)
Parker
Williams

Dead where they stand (traded or cut)
Hurns
Grant

Dead where he stands (cut)
Hollins

Practice Squad candidates (won't make roster without injuries)
Merritt
Locksley

Here's where the real betting action takes place (players ranked in order of likelihood of making team)
Bowden
Wilson

Foster (these two could go practice squad)
Perry
Feverdream was a Gunslinger in his previous life!

On paper, before OTAs and preseason these rankings look fine. However, our top 4 receivers have had recent injuries. There is a good-great chance 2 of them misses extended time or get put on the IR list. Our 5 & 6 will see action. Who will be the best to step up? Grant in my opinion isn't that guy. Wilson had the year off but was injured in 2019 before finishing strong.

Current Wide Receivers (choose 5-7)

DeVante Parker
Will Fuller
Jaylen Waddle
Albert Wilson
Lynn Bowden
Malcolm Perry

Current Tight Ends (choose 3-4)

Mike Gesicki
Adam Shaheen
Durham Smythe
Hunter Long

My take...

Parker - Fuller - Waddle - Wilson - Bowden - Williams (With Perry going to the PS)

Gisiki - Smythe - Long - Shaheen

I think Albert Wilson comes into camp healthy and ready to prove himself again and KOs grant... I can see him returning punts too...

Back
Top Bottom