The Dolphins spend time with Hurricanes’ prospects this week. Experts had this to say | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins spend time with Hurricanes’ prospects this week. Experts had this to say

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Some Dolphins nuggets and thoughts on a Friday:

▪ Among the players with whom the Dolphins met at the Senior Bowl this week, according to a source:

UM prospects Chad Thomas and Chris Herndon.

Thomas, a defensive end and potential mid-round pick, “put on a show and displayed powerful hands during one-on-ones,” ESPN said after his first practice. “It’s an important start for a player whose tape doesn’t always match his ability.”

NFL Network identified Thomas as one of the players “who made money this week.”

The Dolphins are in the market for a No. 4 defensive end and also another developmental prospect to challenge Cameron Malveaux, who they like.

Herndon, coming off a major knee injury in November, isn’t able to practice but interviewed with teams, including Miami — which is looking for a tight end.

Rest at the link-

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article196845619.html

I think there’s a real possibility Miami selects several of the Hurricane prospects this year. Both Thomas and Herndon are mid to late round prospects that actually fit a Dolphins needs. Berrios could be on the radar if Landry leaves?

I really like Herndon. Good blocker which is hard to find in rookies. Underrated as a receiver. I'd rate him a little above Dion Sims in that regard

That last part of the article that about depth was right on......depth is good but we need to start with the actual starters and they're just not that good. We really need some upgrades at several positions

Ozzy rules!!

Thomas has loads of talent . . . But is his heart in football or music. I know he can do both but for a guy with his ability he just sometimes doesn't show up. Round 4 for me . . . OV territoryish.

I would definitely take a flyer on Herndon in round 6 or 7.

Malveaux looked good last year . . . Would be something to see him take a few more steps forward in 2018.

Thomas is a diamond in the rough. He’s done well at both all star practices. He’s got enormous upside. I think he’s a possibility in round 3 and an even more likely pick in round 4. Herndon is a developmental type, who’d be a great #3-4 TE on any team. As for Berrios, I absolutely love his game. Perfect for the slot, KR and PR duties. Fearless competitor.

I think there’s a real possibility Miami selects several of the Hurricane prospects this year. Both Thomas and Herndon are mid to late round prospects that actually fit a Dolphins needs. Berrios could be on the radar if Landry leaves?

We say this every year and then- well then they don't usually do it seems like,, Berrios - totally agree with on and I think there might be some real interest there from MIA side depending on round etc of course.

Last edited:
Don't like Berrios that much athletically. Certainly capable to come in and make a team but I think he is a UDFA type. Wanna say he is a smart player but flashbacks of the Georgia tech game and that onside kick haunts me lol.

Much rather Carroo and Parker and Grant getting those missing slot reps if Juice leaves.

Thomas is steadily adding a bit more wiggle. He's always had wiry strength. I've been thinking third round for him. Anything deeper would be good value and seemingly a good fit.

We've mentioned Herndon many times. Someone will get a solid smart versatile player.

The grad transfer Dee Delaney should receive a look also. He was highly rated at Citadel but quickly fell out of favor with the Canes. Then late season he finally started to look like the feisty cornerback Miami was expecting.

If we do lose Landry, then this guy BERRIOS I would draft, even if we draft him higher than expected. He is a leader. A great slot, and special teamer. DO IT.

Berrios doesn’t look like all that great an athlete to me.

Not to mention 5 foot 8 and 1/2 in the slot is a tiny target

Chase Thomas came in a full 6 foot 5 and 275 plus with big features

That may be the safest play in the 43 de class value wise. I’m just not that impressed with the de group from what I’ve seen

Draft Thomas put him in the 2 deep rotation

I really like Herndon. Good blocker which is hard to find in rookies. Underrated as a receiver. I'd rate him a little above Dion Sims in that regard
To me Herndon looks like Ronnie Brown....they look the same side,build and running style. Looks like Thomas may go in late round 2

Back
Top Bottom