The Dolphins won because of luck, bad clock management, and mother nature | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins won because of luck, bad clock management, and mother nature

Like seriously. Buffalo went undefeated in Miami from 2018-2021 their players never cramped up, left with heat illness or complained about the heat during said stretch lol so funny
Do you think they were "faking it" just to go hide off of the field? - LOL

At the end of the day, it's a week 3 win against a really good team. We need to build a lot of wins while we can now for playoff positioning. We are going to have to go up there in December when the wind is brutal and icy cold. Won't be an easy task.
Same field for both teams and keeping hydrated is just as important in the cold.

Exactly. Now we can lose to Buffalo up there in the frigid wilderness of a city and be super happy with a 1-1 split.

It meant a lot because we need to stack wins to make it into the playoffs and we're getting them against good teams.
Always true.

Same field for both teams and keeping hydrated is just as important in the cold.
It's a definitive advantage for the home team when the sideline is 20 degrees cooler on one side. That being said, it's a definitive advantage for a cold weather team as well. There's a reason teams win a much higher rate of home games.

Buffalo had their share of luck too. There were at least 3 balls thrown by Allen that hit our defenders in the hands and could have easily been intercepted and returned for 6.

The bottom line is, Josh Allen choked when his team needed him the most.
Did you see that short pass in the ground that he threw while he had no real pressure from our DL.
We simply "broke" him.

Did you see his interaction with Tua after the game?

The only two players on the field who "understood" what the other was going thru.

That's one of the reasons I love football.

I didn’t say it was or wasn’t. But you can provide us with that information if you’re throwing it out there. Tell us what the temperatures were in past games.
If you couldn’t see players dropping like flies
( Bills and Fins players were struggling)
I certainly don’t know what to tell you.
You certainly don't - LOL

Couldn't you have looked up those temperatures yourself?

At the end of the day, it's a week 3 win against a really good team. We need to build a lot of wins while we can now for playoff positioning. We are going to have to go up there in December when the wind is brutal and icy cold. Won't be an easy task.
A lot can happen to these two teams between now and then. I'm optimistic that Miami has more room to grow and improve than the more-established Bills, but health remains a critical factor.

Right now we just have to get ready for the short week meeting with the Bengals. Have a feeling the pass rush will make some dents in the stat sheet...really hope Tua is good to go.

The Bills fan in here posted about playing in domes. I'm not in favor of that, but I could never understand why the NFL didn't schedule our games in NE, NY and Buf in Sept/Oct and their games at us in December. You've got one southern team in a division with three northern teams.
Excellent point!

When playing a 'better' team, the strategy is keep it close and wait for a break. The key is 'keep it close.' Miami did that. They can argue all they want (as does FH) about one play, but how many teams keep it close against BUF? Yes, there was the Allen fumble and the missed TD pass in 4Q, but the game stayed close and only one team capitalized. At a minimum, props to Miami for giving themselves a chance
Of late, Buffalo has had a real problem with teams that keep it close.

The Bills gameplan was to control the clock and try to wear out our Defense. This had the total opposite effect and while we also had guys cramping and needing hydration, we were way more prepared to deal with this heat and frankly our players look in much better game shape.

The fact is Diggs, Davis etc ran themselves ragged against our Secondary and basically wore themselves out; the constant pressure on Allen and him needing to escape did the same to him

Back
Top Bottom