The draft and winning now. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The draft and winning now.

Pat-London

Active Roster
Reaction score
With the shenanigans of our ‘new’ owner and even with the contract extensions [saving face], I have no doubt that Mr. Ross won’t hesitate to pull the plug on Coach Sparano should things not go well. It’s a business and there’s no loyalty with players so why have it with coaches, we aren’t the Steelers with the Rooney’s, or the Giants with the Mara’s.

So, that being said, how much of a ‘Win Now’ mentality does this team have? Can the Ireland/Sparano duo afford to plan for the future with careful picks? I say no.

I would not be surprised if either they trade up or.. instead of trading down to pick up a 2nd, that they mortgage next years 1st, and maybe other picks from the 2012 draft to get the talent they need now.

Personally, I do think they shore up the OL through free agency, get some players who can play now. It is very possible they only need 1 guard. If Carey is good for another year and they move Incognito to Centre, the return of Nate Garner to play either guard spot results in just one need, i.e. the other guard spot. With Berger, Jerry, Proctor, they can ‘get by’ with this as depth.

This then allows them to go after the playmakers... oh wait, I thought that was the plan last year... anyway... So QB/WR/TE, these to me are the big needs.

As for RB, depending on the new scheme with our new OC being more a 3-4 Wide Set guy, you may not need to spend high draft choices on RB, plus I still think we have some good talent in the wings in Hilliard, Sheets and Cobbs. Let the kids play.

I suspect an aggressive approach to drafting this year, time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom