The Draft Network - Fins Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft Network - Fins Mock

GCD960

Club Member
Reaction score
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/miami-dolphins-7-round-mock-draft

ROUND 1, PICK NO. 13: JONAH WILLIAMS, OT, ALABAMA
I know Miami has a glaring need at quarterback, but as they embrace a true rebuild I don’t think the Dolphins brass will be in a rush to hitch its wagon to the scraps of an underwhelming crop of quarterback prospects. I think it’s fairly likely Miami would love to trade down and acquire more draft capital, potentially even for next year’s draft. In 2017, we saw the Bills move from No. 10 to No. 27 and pick up the Chiefs’s 2018 first round pick. Last year, the Saints vaulted from No. 27 to No. 14, giving Green Bay its 2019 top pick. Miami would be wise to target a deal like either of those next month if possible.

If they stay put at No. 13, Williams would be an ideal selection. A consensus All-American and the 2018 SEC Offensive Lineman of the Year award, Williams is an accomplished and NFL-ready blocker. A three-year starter for the Tide, Williams offers position flexibility and the technical refinement needed to play right away. Miami has been crippled by underwhelming play up front and investing in Williams would be a great step in correcting that

It's certainly not the worst pick we could make, but it's hard to judge without knowing who else is on their "mock board" at the time we make the selection.

Way to many defensive players I'd draft before OT at 13, heck we dont even know if one of the 3 QB's will be there.

QB plan a
Trade down plan b
Edge plan c
OL plan d

I very much like that plan. Check that- love that plan.

Because we’re filling the hole left by letting our competent right tackle leave by using a first round pick to replace him. That’s the definition is spinning your tires in the mud.

Well we are where we are. Either pay James as the top rated RT in the league or replace him. Dumpster diving for oline shouldn't be the prescription going forward. Spinning your wheels in the mud would be bringing in 32 yr old tackles to play guard and calling it a day.

I dont care if it oline or DLINE, both need rebuilt and both will matter for the foreseeable future.

I keep seeing RT at 13 and it really makes me nervous. It'd show Grier hasn't learn anything yet. Nothing against the player. Would love to have him on our team but drafting a RT at 13 is not the way to go. When you draft that high you need to be drafting QB,DE or a top Corner.

Back
Top Bottom