The Draft Network - Fins Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft Network - Fins Mock

Because we’re filling the hole left by letting our competent right tackle leave by using a first round pick to replace him. That’s the definition is spinning your tires in the mud.
And would your solution to keep right tackle off the list of needs be to have made Ju'Wuan James the highest paid right tackle in the league? Because if not then regardless of what you're doing, you still need to replace him with somebody competent.

Offensive line is important. There's no "mourning" period that dictates that you must use lesser resources to replace a guy you just lost. Overpaying someone because you're scared of losing him is actually what will keep you spinning your tires in the mud.

Way to many defensive players I'd draft before OT at 13, heck we dont even know if one of the 3 QB's will be there.

QB plan a
Trade down plan b
Edge plan c
OL plan d

I like that.

The single most devastating way to destroy a young QB is to put him behind an offensive line bad enough to make him gun shy.
The NFL has seen many careers ruined this way.

We had BETTER be thinking about taking a lineman with that first pick, because after all... if this draft is deep defensively, then the men available in rounds 2 and 3 ought to be pretty good.

And would your solution to keep right tackle off the list of needs be to have made Ju'Wuan James the highest paid right tackle in the league? Because if not then regardless of what you're doing, you still need to replace him with somebody competent.

Offensive line is important. There's no "mourning" period that dictates that you must use lesser resources to replace a guy you just lost. Overpaying someone because you're scared of losing him is actually what will keep you spinning your tires in the mud.

My solution would be to be proactive and re-sign your own players before you’re forced to overpay to keep them from other teams.

And if you do let your RT walk, don’t spend a top 15 pick on one when other teams find good right tackles on day 2 regularly. Top 15 picks should be difference makers. I would say find a difference maker for the defense.

It's a mock draft...perhaps who we want is off the board prior to 13...I did a mock before with this same pick b/c the people I would target (without trades) were already gone...

My solution would be to be proactive and re-sign your own players before you’re forced to overpay to keep them from other teams.

And if you do let your RT walk, don’t spend a top 15 pick on one when other teams find good right tackles on day 2 regularly. Top 15 picks should be difference makers. I would say find a difference maker for the defense.
Most people would agree that the most important units on the team are Oline and Dline, yes? Therefore, I would argue that drafting one of those is precisely the definition of a "difference maker". You're supposed to build your team from the inside out so I completely disagree with the notion that you should skimp on lineman because you "could find good right tackles on day 2 regularly". You're essentially saying an offensive lineman is less important than a linebacker or a #2 corner.

You'd rather have a DE than RT? I'm fine with that, but let's not pretend like RTs are somewhere in the bottom half of important positions here.

Also for the people who aren't really thinking about a possible tanking effort, you might also want to factor in that if the eventual goal is Tua, who is left handed, that RT should be just as important as finding a franchise LT.

The single most devastating way to destroy a young QB is to put him behind an offensive line bad enough to make him gun shy.
The NFL has seen many careers ruined this way.

We had BETTER be thinking about taking a lineman with that first pick, because after all... if this draft is deep defensively, then the men available in rounds 2 and 3 ought to be pretty good.

Or defense may go fast high up and drop OL to the second.

It is what it is if they end up going tackle at 1. I'm standing behind any choice these guys make.

A QB that can get rid of the ball quickly can go a long way to disguising OL. Play calling can do the same. How do you disguise a bad defensive line?

I'd like to point out that a DT plays a little more than half the snaps of a RT if you really are trying to make an argument of "wasting draft capital"...

Precisely the reason we need dline. Who are we rotating if the season started tomorrow?

I keep seeing RT at 13 and it really makes me nervous. It'd show Grier hasn't learn anything yet. Nothing against the player. Would love to have him on our team but drafting a RT at 13 is not the way to go. When you draft that high you need to be drafting QB,DE or a top Corner.
Then again, I can't ever remember a year when the top 13 prospects were QB, DE or CB.

So, by definition, this cannot be correct.

Good linebacker play, well timed blitzes, and corners that can cover forever to allow your lesser pass rushers to eventually get there.

And how great was our linebacker play last year? DL ties up blockers from getting to the second level.

Our CBs were also ripped to shreds because we couldn't get pressure with our front four and the ever frustrating Burke would never blitz.

You're point of view while very solid leaves us drafting a body at 13 instead of someone who can single-handedly make an impact in the game.

And you are drafting OL in a very strong defensive draft. If thats not like the Dolphins, nothing is.

Back
Top Bottom