The Draft Network - Fins Mock | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft Network - Fins Mock

Tua I don't trust because he is on stack team. he look over hype. 2 games I saw him played. he should of been bench.

That’s what many forget and fail to account for... put Tua on Missouri... and put Lock on Alabama....and see what happens.

Haskins also... he had 3 burner receivers...I’m not saying these guys aren’t really good QB’s...but when a QB has lesser talent around him it makes a difference.

Lock for example... was under constant pressure versus Alabama... and then critics critique his game like that fact didn’t exist.

That’s what many forget and fail to account for... put Tua on Missouri... and put Lock on Alabama....and see what happens.

Haskins also... he had 3 burner receivers...I’m not saying these guys aren’t really good QB’s...but when a QB has lesser talent around him it makes a difference.

Lock for example... was under constant pressure versus Alabama... and then critics critique his game like that fact didn’t exist.

Let's not make it seem as if Missouri was talentLESS. Lock had NFL level skill players to throw the bto and hand the ball off to.

Let's not make it seem as if Missouri was talentLESS. Lock had NFL level skill players to throw the bto and hand the ball off to.
Except Mizzu WRs couldn’t catch a cold... but it didn’t shake him, fhts what I was impressed about.

Except Mizzu WRs couldn’t catch a cold... but it didn’t shake him, fhts what I was impressed about.

You won't make every catch when your QB is throwing into a coverage. The defense has a job to do as well. Lock was trying far too hard this year, and his stats show it. He basically had the same team the previous year, and thought he could come back and improve his draft position with a better year. To his surprise, Haskins and Murray messed that up.

If you think for a minute Missouri was equal to Alabama, Florida, Georgia... or much of the SEC... your not paying attention.

You will when this kid is tearing the NFL up...and your still complaining about the Dolphins QB!

As long as it's not a QB that's gonna hold a clipboard for a year, I don't care. Would prefer oline or dline.

Lock > Tua and Murray??

What’s next? He’s better than Trevor Lawrence too?

Cmon now

According to profootballfocus.com, the top 10 olinemen of 2018 were drafted in this order, from 1st to 10th: Round 3, 4, 6, 2, 1, 1, 4, 1, 2, 2. Between the 2 SB teams this year, only 1 offensive lineman that started was drafted in the 1st round. I'd rather we take players earlier in the draft at positions, that statistically, are harder to fill with quality players later in the draft.
The top 10 QB's from last season went in rounds 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,6.

Reactions: BSQ
The single most devastating way to destroy a young QB is to put him behind an offensive line bad enough to make him gun shy.

I agree. But, Miami's Front Office and last two Head Coaches were clueless when it comes to building a strong o-line. They wasted a lot of high picks with lousy results. I'm not sure if it's bad players, poor coaching, poor playcalling, or poor blocking schemes that is the problem but I assume that it's a little of each.

Neither regime wanted strong run-blocking because they were against the power running game, and neither regime needed strong pass-blocking because their offenses were based on the QB throwing a short pass almost immediately after the snap; hence no need for linemen to sustain blocks for long. As for the players: Pouncey (I know he was drafted pre-Philbin) - was weak and usually knocked back by physical d-linemen, and bobs his head right before every snap; not worth a 1st round pick. Martin - no need to explain! Dallas Thomas - one of the two worst ranked Guards in the entire league in 2015, and the other Guard was also a Dolphin (Turner). James - weak, inconsistent, possibly injury-prone, not worth a 1st round pick, and definitely not worth being the highest paid RT in the league! Tunsil - not sure about him. I've seen him be pushed around plenty of times. I can say that he's no (healthy) Jake Long!

Under both Philbin and Gase, Miami's o-line was consistently dominated by tough, physical d-lines, so something about who they pick and how they block is totally ineffective. Other teams can field competent o-lines with players selected in the mid to later rounds (with the occasional first or second rounder), so why can't Miami? I'm hoping that this new regime will realize that no matter what style of offense you run, you still need a tough, physically dominating o-line... something that Philbin and Gase were against. But, what about the scouts and Front Office personnel who felt that these guys were the best available linemen? If they're still on the job, then I don't think that Miami's o-line will improve too much. Unfortunately, we as fans have no idea as to how decisions are made behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom