The Draft Network Mock Draft Simulator | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft Network Mock Draft Simulator

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score

It's a fun exercise. The picks for the most part are pretty realistic and team needs are considered. A few times, Ruggs III dropped to 19 and I was so tempted to pick him. I went with Chaisson instead. An elite prospect like that on defense is harder to find than a track star WR.

You can choose all 7 rounds if you want, but I don't know enough about the players for it to be interesting. I barely know enough to finish three rounds! This will be a good way from us to learn more about the players in the upcoming draft.

Here's what I came up with:

Screenshot_20191229-080224_Chrome.jpg

For the Creed pick, I would've preferred to trade down a few spots and then draft him, but there's no trade option. The 1st 2nd round pick seems like a great spot for a trade down, too. I got lucky in one of the sims. Leatherwood dropped to pick 1c, and I got Leatherwood and Creed with the first 2nd rounder.

I don't know much about Mekhi, but from the write up they did for him, it sounds like he has all the physical tools and just needs to he coached up.

Jonathan Taylor reminds me of Ricky Williams a little. The vision decisive cuts he makes. He's electric!

I doubt Fromm lasts until the late third. Most of the simulations had him going in the 2nd. Fromm was too good to pass up here. Who knows? Maybe Schuplinski coaches him up and we have something in case Tua doesn't pan out. Give him another ball of clay and see what he does. He did well with Garrapolo.

Jordan Love slipped into the 2nd round a few times. I'd snatch him up in a second if he lasted that long!

Last edited:

It's a fun exercise. The picks for the most part are pretty realistic and team needs are considered. A few times, Ruggs III dropped to 19 and I was so tempted to pick him. I went with Chaisson instead. An elite prospect like that on defense is harder to find than a track star WR.

You can choose all 7 rounds if you want, but I don't know enough about the players for it to be interesting. I barely know enough to finish three rounds! This will be a good way from us to learn more about the players in the upcoming draft.

Here's what I came up with:

View attachment 35395

For the Creed pick, I would've preferred to trade down a few spots and then draft him, but there's no trade option. The 1st 2nd round pick seems like a great spot for a trade down, too. I got lucky in one of the sims. Leatherwood dropped to pick 1c, and I got Leatherwood and Creed with the first 2nd rounder.

I don't know much about Mekhi, but from the write up they did for him, it sounds like he has all the physical tools and just needs to he coached up.

Jonathan Taylor reminds me of Ricky Williams a little. The vision decisive cuts he makes. He's electric!

I doubt Fromm lasts until the late third. Most of the simulations had him going in the 2nd. Fromm was too good to pass up here. Who knows? Maybe Schuplinski coaches him up and we have something in case Tua doesn't pan out. Give him another ball of clay and see what he does. He did well with Garrapolo.

Jordan Love slipped into the 2nd round a few times. I'd snatch him up in a second if he lasted that long!

I wouldn't take Fromm even if he was there honestly, don't think his presence in the same QB room helps Tua at all. Just stick with Tua and if he's not healthy enough to make a career in the NFL, draft another QB in 21.

Last edited:
Mecki Becton 1c will do it powerful nasty player

5: R1P5

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
ALABAMA
18: R1P18

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON
25: R1P25

OT JEDRICK WILLS
ALABAMA
39: R2P7

EDGE YETUR GROSS-MATOS
PENN STATE
62: R2P30

RB D'ANDRE SWIFT
GEORGIA
70: R3P6

OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE
146: R4P38

RB CAM AKERS
FSU
163: R5P16

C JAKE HANSON
OREGON
178: R5P31

WR DEVIN DUVERNAY
TEXAS
181: R5P34

EDGE ALTON ROBINSON
SYRACUSE
187: R6P6

CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU
199: R6P18

EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH
CHARLOTTE
208: R6P27

S J.R. REED
GEORGIA
245: R7P29

TE MITCHELL WILCOX
SOUTH FLORIDA

All problems solved, I think.

1A - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
1B - K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU
1C - D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
2A - Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
2B - Justin Madubuike, IDL, Texas A&M
3 - Trey Adams, OT, Washington
5 - Yasir Durant, IOL, Missouri
5 - Antonio Gandy-Golden , WR, Liberty
6A - Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska
6B - Antoine Brooks Jr., S, Maryland
6C - Naquan Jones, IDL, Michigan State
7 - Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia

I just did a quick 3 round auto and the Phins got Burrow at #5.

Very fun! Only did 2 rounds:

1. Andrew Thomas, OT
1. KLavon Chaissos, Edge
1. Tyler Biadasz, C
2. AJ Terrell, CB
2. Travis Etienne, RB

5 Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama

18 Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama

27 Josh Jones, OT Houston

39 Trey Smith, IOL Tennessee

56 J.K. Dobbins, RB Ohio State

70 Alton Robinson, EDGE Syracuse

135 Jordan Fuller, S Ohio State

144 Alex Highsmith, EDGE Charlotte

147 Lynn Bowden, WR Kentucky

165 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

177 Matt Hennessy, IOL Temple

220 Joey Magnifico, TE Memphis

So I went into this with the idea of setting the QB up with as much success as possible. Josh Jones has a very high ceiling as a T, but will also have a learning curve. Trey Smith is a top 15 value that falls because of his medical issue. I take two WRs...Henry Ruggs and Lynn Bowden both offer something different from Parker and Williams and I felt like were incredible values where they ended up. Matt Hennessy is a much better prospect then where I ended up grabbing him, but seeing where TDN had him rated I knew I could wait until late to get a center. More offense with two RBs.

Defensively I love both the edge guys and at the place where I drafted them. Robinson has such an explosive get off. Alex Highsmith is an underrated guy who performed very well when his team played top competition.

5 Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama

18 Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama

27 Josh Jones, OT Houston

39 Trey Smith, IOL Tennessee

56 J.K. Dobbins, RB Ohio State

70 Alton Robinson, EDGE Syracuse

135 Jordan Fuller, S Ohio State

144 Alex Highsmith, EDGE Charlotte

147 Lynn Bowden, WR Kentucky

165 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

177 Matt Hennessy, IOL Temple

220 Joey Magnifico, TE Memphis

So I went into this with the idea of setting the QB up with as much success as possible. Josh Jones has a very high ceiling as a T, but will also have a learning curve. Trey Smith is a top 15 value that falls because of his medical issue. I take two WRs...Henry Ruggs and Lynn Bowden both offer something different from Parker and Williams and I felt like were incredible values where they ended up. Matt Hennessy is a much better prospect then where I ended up grabbing him, but seeing where TDN had him rated I knew I could wait until late to get a center. More offense with two RBs.

Defensively I love both the edge guys and at the place where I drafted them. Robinson has such an explosive get off. Alex Highsmith is an underrated guy who performed very well when his team played top competition.
That's not a bad draft at all. I probably wouldn't draft two WR's unless they're planning on getting rid of Wilson but man, Tua, Dobbins and Ruggs?? Plus some really good Oline......we can always dream.

Back
Top Bottom