The Draft Network Mock Draft Simulator | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft Network Mock Draft Simulator

Here's my latest Tua draft, now this is based of my strategy of securing the interior line through free agency by signing 2 OGs and 1 C.

Miami_Dolphins_logo.svg.png

Tua Tagovailoa
    , QB
    Alabama

Mekhi Becton
    , OT
    Louisville

Josh Jones
    , OT
    Houston

Terrell Lewis
    , EDGE
    Alabama

J.K. Dobbins
    , RB
    Ohio State

Antoine Winfield Jr.
    , S
    Minnesota

Davon Hamilton
    , IDL
    Ohio State

Joe Bachie Jr.
    , LB
    Michigan State

Lamical Perine
    , RB
    Florida

Lamar Jackson
    , CB
    Nebraska

Levonta Taylor
    , CB
    Florida State

James Lynch
    , EDGE
    Baylor

Tua Tagovailoa
, QB
Alabama
A.J. Epenesa
, EDGE
Iowa
Xavier McKinney
, S
Alabama
Austin Jackson
, OT
USC
J.K. Dobbins
, RB
Ohio State
Zack Baun
, EDGE
Wisconsin
Ke'Shawn Vaughn
, RB
Vanderbilt
Marlon Davidson
, EDGE
Auburn
J.R. Reed
, S
Georgia
Chase Claypool
, WR
Notre Dame
Lamar Jackson
, CB
Nebraska

Luke Farrell

, TE

Ohio State

Here's a mock I just saw from Walter

Tua-QB
Wills-OT
Swift-RB
Tyler Johnson-WR
Tyler Biadasz-C
Terrance Steele-OT

all good players but I doubt we only go offense with our 1st 6 picks. I'd think we'd draft Edge at some point up there. One thing is for sure. These 6 guys would make our offense much better. That's a lot of talent even tho that's not what I'd do. For one I'd rather have Dobbins at RB and Ruiz at Center but it's just a mock with 90 more days to go so.

5: R1P5

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
ALABAMA
18: R1P18

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON
25: R1P25

OT JEDRICK WILLS
ALABAMA
39: R2P7

EDGE YETUR GROSS-MATOS
PENN STATE
62: R2P30

RB D'ANDRE SWIFT
GEORGIA
70: R3P6

OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE
146: R4P38

RB CAM AKERS
FSU
163: R5P16

C JAKE HANSON
OREGON
178: R5P31

WR DEVIN DUVERNAY
TEXAS
181: R5P34

EDGE ALTON ROBINSON
SYRACUSE
187: R6P6

CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU
199: R6P18

EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH
CHARLOTTE
208: R6P27

S J.R. REED
GEORGIA
245: R7P29

TE MITCHELL WILCOX
SOUTH FLORIDA

I like it!

Had to sacrifice a Wideout high in this one, but I like Claypool a lot even though he's not the "type" we probably need, Gandy-Golden in the same range may make more sense for us, but other than that I think this is pretty much perfect. Still potentially leaves us a little weak at CB, especially if Howard doesn't factor in much for 2020, but you can't fix everything that is wrong with this team in one year. Oh and Davidson isn't going to last this long pretty sure on that.

1580404086130.png

My sure to be a hit "Don't Trust Tua's Durability" draft. Get the guy to build my D around with the 1st pick and then build the O of 2021 with the next five

Isaiah Simmons
    , LB

Clemson

Andrew Thomas
    , OT

Georgia

Jordan Love
    , QB

Utah State

J.K. Dobbins
    , RB

Ohio State

Brandon Aiyuk
    , WR

Arizona State

Isaiah Wilson
    , OT

Georgia

Kenny Willekes
    , EDGE

Michigan State

Michael Onwenu
    , IOL

Michigan

Reggie Floyd
    , S

Virginia Tech

Colby Parkinson
    , TE

Stanford

A.J. Dillon
    , RB

Boston College

James Lynch
    , EDGE

Baylor

Had to sacrifice a Wideout high in this one, but I like Claypool a lot even though he's not the "type" we probably need, Gandy-Golden in the same range may make more sense for us, but other than that I think this is pretty much perfect. Still potentially leaves us a little weak at CB, especially if Howard doesn't factor in much for 2020, but you can't fix everything that is wrong with this team in one year. Oh and Davidson isn't going to last this long pretty sure on that.

View attachment 37128

In terms of need/positional value, this one of the most complete mock's I've seen.

QB, multiple edge rushers, multiple OL, multiple RB's (but not too high). It's possible your first 6 selections are all gone by the time those picks happen so in terms of value it's pretty top notch.

Developmental WR, S, LB without a big commitment.

My sure to be a hit "Don't Trust Tua's Durability" draft. Get the guy to build my D around with the 1st pick and then build the O of 2021 with the next five

Isaiah Simmons
    , LB

Clemson

Andrew Thomas
    , OT

Georgia

Jordan Love
    , QB

Utah State

J.K. Dobbins
    , RB

Ohio State

Brandon Aiyuk
    , WR

Arizona State

Isaiah Wilson
    , OT

Georgia

Kenny Willekes
    , EDGE

Michigan State

Michael Onwenu
    , IOL

Michigan

Reggie Floyd
    , S

Virginia Tech

Colby Parkinson
    , TE

Stanford

A.J. Dillon
    , RB

Boston College

James Lynch
    , EDGE

Baylor

That's hard to read dude, just screen shot the final result, with snipping tool or something if you are using a PC. then copy and past it into the thread. And outside of obviously not doing the right thing at 5, your draft is pretty sound, lots of good prospects in there.

In terms of need/positional value, this one of the most complete mock's I've seen.

QB, multiple edge rushers, multiple OL, multiple RB's (but not too high). It's possible your first 6 selections are all gone by the time those picks happen so in terms of value it's pretty top notch.

Developmental WR, S, LB without a big commitment.

I totally agree on the top 6, we would be extremely lucky if they are all there at that point and passing on any of them for me would be hard to do if they are there.

I have been having a ton of fun with this thing but i am afraid i am conditioning myself to expect players who I am getting at the Fins picks to actuallt be there come Draft day.

I have consistently been getting K'Lavon Chaisson at 18 and Becton at 26. (I have been getting Tyler Biadasz in the 3rd round and I have seen people mocking him in the late 1st).

In reality i don't expect either of them to be on the board at 18.

I fear I am setting myself up by becoming enamored with players Miami won't be in line to draft.

I have been having a ton of fun with this thing but i am afraid i am conditioning myself to expect players who I am getting at the Fins picks to actuallt be there come Draft day.

I have consistently been getting K'Lavon Chaisson at 18 and Becton at 26. (I have been getting Tyler Biadasz in the 3rd round and I have seen people mocking him in the late 1st).

In reality i don't expect either of them to be on the board at 18.

I fear I am setting myself up by becoming enamored with players Miami won't be in line to draft.

Becton is a high riser right now and I would be shocked if he's there at 26, hell he's probably gone by 18. Miami may well have to over draft a Tackle if they want one in round 1. Biadasz is getting a lot of bad grades as folks take a deep dive into his tape, other Centers are coming up to replace him as the best prspect at that position, Cushenberry after his strong showing at the senior bowl and the fact that he was on the best offense in college football, is probably #1 Center right now. Not sure where Biadasz ends up but wouldn't shock me at all if he's even still there in the 4th or 5th round.

Free agency and the combine are going to hugely effect these mocks of course, a lot can change between now and then, say we pick up a center, a dominant Tackle and sign Yannick Ngakoue, then our needs are totally different and you can start to veer from the general direction of your picks here.

Last edited:
I expect the Fins to add more than one FA O Lineman so there should not be any temptation to reach for OL in the 1st Round at least.

It may be a little harder to add to the DL in free agency as not too many guys worth bringing in actually reach the market and those that do get overpriced.

It will be interesting how they try to improve the RB position as there should be solid FA options and with all the extra picks the Fins have they could add more than one in the Draft(hopefully not in Round 1).

Focused on the O here with this one, building that line early on. Unlikely to happen and we would need good FA Guards as well as FA D help with this draft.

1580778588250.png

5: R1P5

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
ALABAMA
18: R1P18

S GRANT DELPIT
LSU
26: R1P26

CB KRISTIAN FULTON
LSU
39: R2P7

EDGE ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN
56: R2P24

RB D'ANDRE SWIFT
GEORGIA
70: R3P6

G JONAH JACKSON
OHIO STATE
142: R4P39

C ZACH SHACKELFORD
TEXAS
162: R5P16

S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO STATE
173: R5P27

CB TRAJAN BANDY
MIAMI
185: R6P6

OT SCOTT FRANTZ
KANSAS STATE
197: R6P18

G SEAN POLLARD
CLEMSON
202: R6P23

DL BRODERICK WASHINGTON
TEXAS TECH
246: R7P32

WR AARON FULLER
WASHINGTON
251: R7P37

C T.J. MCCOY
LOUISVILLE

Dream scenario for me is Miami walking away with Tua, Andrew Thomas, and Josh Jones in the 1st round. Would be willing to give up picks to get all 3

Back
Top Bottom