The Draft Network Mock Draft Simulator | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft Network Mock Draft Simulator

Here's a mock I just saw from Walter

Tua-QB
Wills-OT
Swift-RB
Tyler Johnson-WR
Tyler Biadasz-C
Terrance Steele-OT

all good players but I doubt we only go offense with our 1st 6 picks. I'd think we'd draft Edge at some point up there. One thing is for sure. These 6 guys would make our offense much better. That's a lot of talent even tho that's not what I'd do. For one I'd rather have Dobbins at RB and Ruiz at Center but it's just a mock with 90 more days to go so.

Wills seems to be a high riser right now so doubtful he's there at 18. Not really looked at Johnson at all but feel like we could get a better wideout there, having watched Steele at the senior bowl, I want us to keep well away personally.

...so here's one I did at first-pick.com. In this, the Panthers traded up to 5, and then Cleveland traded up to 7. Normally I don't post first-pick stuff because it seems so outlandish, but this made me go "...uh...hmm." Of course, I don't see Brown dropping to 10, but....

Yes, I know who I passed on. Please put down the pitchforks.

Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10 (CLE): Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 1 Pick 18: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State (B+)
Round 1 Pick 26: Xavier McKinney, SS/FS, Alabama (A-)
Round 1 Pick 27 (SEA): KLavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 7: Julian Okwara, DE/OLB, Notre Dame (B)
Round 2 Pick 9 (CLE): Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 24: Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (A-)
Round 3 Pick 26 (CLE): Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU (A-)
Round 4 Pick 39: Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 16: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Shaquille Quarterman, ILB/OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 6 Pick 18: Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (A+)
Round 7 Pick 32: Joseph Charlton, P, South Carolina (A+)
Round 7 Pick 36: Parnell Motley, CB, Oklahoma (A+)

The OT's went early, and based on how they rated Jones and Reagor, I felt good about adding CJ Henderson at 18.

Attachments

• 20200209_202604.jpg
    20200209_202604.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 46
The OT's went early, and based on how they rated Jones and Reagor, I felt good about adding CJ Henderson at 18.

Love it. If you look at positional choices in that first round, think prior to FA it's pretty clear which route we "should" go down. QB-OT-Secondary, how you end up picking them entirely based on how the picks fall ahead of us. You could make the argument for an Edge guy or a Center or even a second OT in round 1, but those can probably wait till a little later for me, if we haven't fixed those holes in FA.

Last edited:
Here's mine on one of the latest updates , I think there's depth in OT, so focused on other holes in the team grabbed a Wide receiver as I think we should cut Wilson..

Attachments

• received_617583409039500.jpeg
    received_617583409039500.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 19
    Miami_Dolphins_logo.svg.png

Derrick Brown
    , IDL
    Auburn

K'Lavon Chaisson
    , EDGE
    LSU

Josh Jones
    , OT
    Houston

Jacob Eason
    , QB
    Washington

J.K. Dobbins
    , RB
    Ohio State

Isaiah Wilson
    , OT
    Georgia

Ben Bredeson
    , IOL
    Michigan

Michael Onwenu
    , IOL
    Michigan

Levonta Taylor
    , CB
    Florida State

Reggie Floyd
    , S
    Virginia Tech

Chase Claypool
    , WR
    Notre Dame

Derrick Brown
    , IDL
    Auburn

K'Lavon Chaisson
    , EDGE
    LSU

Josh Jones
    , OT
    Houston

Jacob Eason
    , QB
    Washington

J.K. Dobbins
    , RB
    Ohio State

Isaiah Wilson
    , OT
    Georgia

Ben Bredeson
    , IOL
    Michigan

Michael Onwenu
    , IOL
    Michigan

Levonta Taylor
    , CB
    Florida State

Reggie Floyd
    , S
    Virginia Tech

Chase Claypool
    , WR
    Notre Dame

If something crazy happens like the Bengals drafting Tua, then I would love this. I love physical DTs who can provide pressure up the middle. Brown is a beast. After that, build the wall. Fortify the lines. Chaisson won't last that long though.

Today's attempt by e, I rather like it but banking on getting an edge guy to fill that gaping hole in FA:

Attachments

• 1581725118195.png
    1581725118195.png
    310.9 KB · Views: 18
Love it. If you look at positional choices in that first round, think prior to FA it's pretty clear which route we "should" go down. QB-OT-Secondary, how you end up picking them entirely based on how the picks fall ahead of us. You could make the argument for an Edge guy or a Center or even a second OT in round 1, but those can probably wait till a little later for me, if we haven't fixed those holes in FA.

Appreciate it. I just think Henderson is underrated. Has speed, twitch, length, and technique, and CB is a premium position. He's a cornerstone type of talent that can distract me from surrounding the QB with blockers and weapons, and if I can get Jones, Reagor, Wilson, Edwards, Phillips, and Bowden, I feel awesome about spending 18 on Henderson.

Don't love this Edge class, and outside of Ruiz, I'm fine waiting on Center.

The 2020 Class is strong at WR, CB, OT, and QB, and I think Miami should take advantage. They're all premium/expensive positions, and 3 of the 4 directly benefits the QB or is the QB. CB, of course, is as important as any position at stopping the opposing QB.

I prefer to build the trenches first but the Fins do not have to complete the rebuild(or just build really)in one off season.They have extra picks next year and may well add more from deals in this Draft.

So if an explosive, big play WR is good value at 18 or 26 I might be OK with it.A speed guy would be an excellent compliment to Miami's tall, possession types.

But I really don't want to Draft skill positions early as a general rule.IF you have a strong OL and a good QB you don't need outstanding skill position players to score points.

This almost made me throw up but I had to try a mock, without picking Tua at the top. Love some of these players though and Love is the player I would rather us end up with if we don't go Tua.

1583105521090.png

Definitely my favorite site to do mocks on, just don’t want to have to pay to trade.

here’s my latest attempt, let me know what you think

5. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Bama
18. AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa
26. Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan
39. Antoine Winfield Jr, S, Minnesota
56. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
70. AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College
135. Solomon Kindley, G, Georgia
144. Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise St
155. Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska
165. Richie Grant, S, UCF
177. Jonathan Garvin, DE, Miami
223. Stanford Samuels III, CB, FSU

I like the 1st 4 picks although i have not been seeing Ruiz that high.

I like Edwards-Helaire and Dillon just not that high.

Once you get past the 4th round my expertise bottoms out so I can't comment on the rest. ;)

Kyle Crabbs and Marino (forgot his first name) of Draft Dudes on the Locked On network did an interesting mock yesterday for picks 1-16. Tua is the pick at 5, and they traded Dolphins picks with Carolina at 7 and drafted Simmons. I'd love that.

Listening to part 2 (17-32) now:

Just done this one, I would be bouncing off the walls if this came to pass.

1583443231241.png

Tua at 5 is a no brainer.
Thomas sliding to 18 is unlikely, but if one of the big 4 OTs are still on the board there, you have to run that card up there with that guy's name on it and don't look back.
26 was a tough one and LB is not our biggest need, but if a player like Queen is there, I don't know how you can pass on him, there's not that much between him and Simmons IMO.
I had a choice between Digss and Terrell at 39, tough call but I went with the Bama guy and filling a big need.
Uche at 56 was again too good a player in a position of need to pass up on.
Chinn had a great combine and although I passed on CHE here, I think it's just easier to find a RB later on than a qaulity guy at safety.
Took too interior Oline men with the next two picks, great value with two solid players who played at big schools.
Got my running back a little lower than I probably should have, I'm biased as hell, but I love Perine, think he is one of the most undervalued prospects in this draft.
Next two picks were some weapons for Tua, you can do so much with these two kids.
Danna had a great shrine week and I belive there has been rumours of fin interest in him, if he's there with the last pick in the draft, I'm taking a flyer on him.

Back
Top Bottom