The Draft Network - Offensive Fits | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft Network - Offensive Fits

There are few worse fits from a culture perspective than Juju, could you imagine Flores's anger if Smith-Shuster starts getting up to his antics again as a Miami Dolphin ? Paying anything for a vet RB is rarely a smart move. I have zero opinion on the third guy on that list.

Last edited:
IF we didn't have all our high draft picks I suppose we would need to over-spend on some of these free agents. No thanks.

If we pick up anyone it will be for the bottom 1/3 of the roster and specials.

I say avoid any big name signings, see who comes available June 1 and plug holes we didn't fill in the draft, keep cap situation stable for next year when we might be 1 player away

IF we didn't have all our high draft picks I suppose we would need to over-spend on some of these free agents. No thanks.

If we pick up anyone it will be for the bottom 1/3 of the roster and specials.
Yeah, I am not feeling it either. This may be a good year to be frugal and save our cap space for next year or resign our own productive players. We are not there yet, but I am hopeful that in a couple of years we are going to be one player out and it would be nice to have the resources to go get 'em and push us over the top.

Big No to JuJu for me. Rather Samuel. Really not interested in Jones either, not sure the value will really there. Prefer more of a bargain and bit of a risk on guys like Fournette maybe. Feel like AR is kinda overrated too.

Not opposed to Robinson. He's an excellent player.

I think it would change the priority in the draft, though. Miami's focus might be finding a slot guy, although Waddle could be a target if he dropped to #18, or close enough for a slight trade up.

It could also open up the possibility of trading #3 outside of the top 10, potentially to a team like San Francisco.
While I agree that Robinson is an excellent player and would improve the offense significantly, I'm not in favor of adding him.

Successful QB's are generally ones where the team builds around them. I'd like to see us pair Tua with an elite WR like Chase, Smith or some other top young WR#1 prospect. Then we could play Parker opposite him and watch both players production go up. Robinson would artificially create a bridge bubble to Tua needing to break in another young WR later. IMHO, the ideal time to do that is now, when both are hungry to get the extra reps after practice, eager to soak up the knowledge, and can provide confidence to one another to build a bond that becomes great for a decade plus.

Nothing against Robinson, but it would need to be to replace Parker, and I'm always leery about FA WR's because so many bust when changing teams. Tua needs the one guy with whom he has built chemistry, Parker.

I would sign C.Linsley C in a heart beat! We could use a vet to make the line calls and coach up the younglings. We will potentially have 4 players starting on the oline that are 1st and 2nd yr players and a QB going also going into his 2nd year. A veteran presence in that position would be worth the money.

While I agree that Robinson is an excellent player and would improve the offense significantly, I'm not in favor of adding him.

Successful QB's are generally ones where the team builds around them. I'd like to see us pair Tua with an elite WR like Chase, Smith or some other top young WR#1 prospect. Then we could play Parker opposite him and watch both players production go up. Robinson would artificially create a bridge bubble to Tua needing to break in another young WR later. IMHO, the ideal time to do that is now, when both are hungry to get the extra reps after practice, eager to soak up the knowledge, and can provide confidence to one another to build a bond that becomes great for a decade plus.

Nothing against Robinson, but it would need to be to replace Parker, and I'm always leery about FA WR's because so many bust when changing teams. Tua needs the one guy with whom he has built chemistry, Parker.
Another point, Robinson's contract could be $16 million plus.

In a loaded receiver class, I don't think that's the best use of Miami's cap space.

I wouldn't mind Juju, I just think he's going to cost more than Curtis Samuel. I don't really want any big name RB like Aaron Jones, the cost will be too high, need to draft a RB and roll with rookie RB, Gaskins, and Ahmed.

As far as pass rushers I would love Von Miller. We need someone who can get after the QB more consistently.

Back
Top Bottom