The Draft Networks last mock | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft Networks last mock

Watson throws a monkey wrench in the draft. The Jets have the picks to get him. SF fans are talking about it.

Personally, I think Houston would be crazy to trade him. But if they do, he's quarterback #1 for teams that need one.
Actually, if the jests traded for Watson, there are then 2 top QB prospects on the board for teams to trade up, making the 3 spot more valuable if, for example, a team wanted Fields badly.

Watson throws a monkey wrench in the draft. The Jets have the picks to get him. SF fans are talking about it.

Personally, I think Houston would be crazy to trade him. But if they do, he's quarterback #1 for teams that need one.
I would be shocked if Watson agrees to the Jets's.

Actually, if the jests traded for Watson, there are then 2 top QB prospects on the board for teams to trade up, making the 3 spot more valuable if, for example, a team wanted Fields badly.
I wonder if Jacksonville would prefer Watson to Lawrence? And if Watson would approve a trade there.

I would be shocked if Watson agrees to the Jets's.
I don’t understand why you would be shocked. They have a new HC, a team that does have some talent on it and plenty of cap space to add players to upgrade the offense. I think we as Dolphin fans would hate to see Watson on the Jets because we would then have to see Watson and Allen twice a tear for at least the next decade.

With the Jets rebuilding under a new head coach and the chance to increase his income with more advertising possibility in the New York market, I think Watson would happily accept a trade to the Jets. Yet as a Dolphin fan, I would prefer he is traded to any team but the Jets and Patriots.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why you would be shocked. They have a new HC, a team that does have some talent on it and plenty of cap space to add players to upgrade the offense. I think we as Dolphin fans would hate to see Watson on the Jets because we would then have to see Watson and Allen twice a tear for at least the next decade.

With the Jets rebuilding under a new head coach and the chance to increase his income with more advertising possibility in the New York market, I think Watson would happily accept a trade to the Jets. Yet as a Dolphin fan, I would prefer he is traded to any teams but the Jets and Patriots.
It could make sense for Houston. If they get the #2 pick, Fields could be their guy.

Of course, I don't recall a time when a quarterback as young and talented as Watson was traded.

It could make sense for Houston. If they get the #2 pick, Fields could be their guy.

Of course, I don't recall a time when a quarterback as young and talented as Watson was traded.
I still think that the Texans can resolve this issue with Watson by hiring a coach which Watson feels comfortable with. At this point though Watson seems to feel he was lied to by the owner when he was told they would listen to his input when it came to the hiring of a new GM and Head Coach.
It appears that there are a lot of internal issues with the Texans organizations which Watson is fed up with but they still have several months to see if they can work things out with him..

I first thought the idea of the Texans trading Watson was a ridiculous idea and I still think that you try to do whatever you can in reason to make your top 5 QB in the league happy. Yet it does appear the Texans are going to be in a rebuilding mode for the next few years and the best way to rebuild is through the draft. With no picks in the first two rounds this year, the Texans might decide that trading Watson is their best opportunity to start the rebuild by getting a number of high draft picks for him and then drafting one of the top 3 QB’s in the draft or a young QB in the trade for Watson.

It will be interesting to see how this situation turns out.

There are several headlines I saw today saying that there are those in the Houston organization who feel Watson has played his last snaps there.

Call me crazy but I do not see either of those players dropping that far but yes that would be insane.
Well, though my dream would be to come out of the 1st with Smith and Parsons.

There are still three exceptional receivers, with also a few game changing LBs that are all worthy of the 1st, if we got that type of trade, I would be extremely excited.

I poster one with a SF trade I saw that had us getting Waddell, zevon Collins, najee, eichenberg, and Humphrey...if we are in fantasy land, sign me up for that one.

There are several headlines I saw today saying that there are those in the Houston organization who feel Watson has played his last snaps there.
I’ll believe those head lines once the Texans hire a new head coach and Watson is still stating that he wants out of Houston. Until they hire a new head coach, it is extremely difficult to know if Watson will want to play for that coach or not.

These mocks are gonna drive me crazy until the draft. As has been mentioned here I do not see either player lasting to 12 or 18.

I am going on record saying I prefer us to stay at 3 and 18. Why shy away from a premium pick?

if we get a massive offer for 3 that can change things but short of that let’s go get a locked starter and pro bowler.

Back
Top Bottom