The Draft, or so they call it..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft, or so they call it.....

NYinBostonFin said:
SCall13 said:
NYinBostonFin said:
You obviously don't know a lot about the game. Every QB doesnt come in and show leadership right away. Especially when the guy never took a snap w/ first squad in preseason and never had support from the coach. It would not take any qb ONE DAY to step in, in that situation and show he is a leader. He seemed to be showing more confidence as the season moved along.
I remember Farve didn't show great leadership right away.
One day? .....ridiculous

One day? Hmmm. People need to read what I am saying. LEADERSHIP -not winning right away...not throwing 40 TDs. We're talking leadership. You can see leadership QUALITIES in a player RIGHT away. It doesn't take playing a game to see it.

Taken out of context.... Hasselbeck is a leader ? He has Shaun Alexander. When RW was tearing up the league, everyone said Fiedler was a leader... Where are they now ? hmmmm

finsnchips said:
i agree(ish)...

we need more out of a draft than one good players, in recent years under wanny we have done well to get that one good player. Good teams rely on gems that they find late in drafts.

As for the QB, I duno what Saban is gna do... I think Rodgers is too short and Smith is too thin. JMHO. I want a prototypical franchise QB that is 6'5 230 - your Carson Palmers and your Matt Leinarts.

I think there is too much of a hole at RB, even if Ricky does come back... and I also think AJ needs to be given a real chance, a good full season - then and only then am i willing to cut our losses with him.

6'2" is not too short....there is absolutely no basis for that argument.

Regarding Smith, He is only 20 years old, he checked in at the combine at 6'4" 217 pounds.....Marino was 6'4" 224 pounds.....I see no problem in Smith adding a few pounds which most men do as they mature.

SCall13 said:
It only takes ONE game to show leadership skills. As a matter of fact, you don't have to be in a game to show leadership skills. How does anyone think Bellichek saw leadership in Brady. He knew it was there. When he put Brady in for Bledsoe when Bledsoe got hurt, you could see Brady's leadership right away. It didn't take a season, or half a season.
When Montana first started, his leadership skills were there and obvious. When Marino came in, his leadership skills were obvious.
Skills as a leader are not learned or developed. You either have it or you don't. It is a stigma of confidence you carry and the people around you can sense it. Feeley doesn't have it. It's pretty obvious to me. People throw all sorts of blame for his stats and performances and give plenty of excuses and reasons. But I just don't think Feeley has the leadership skills needed to drive a champion. He IS just another "manager" of the offense.
Hack away all you Feeley supporters. It's my opinion and I stick by it.

What a load of bullSh!t,
There was only one reason BB kept Brady in, it's called WINNING, and BB said it a hundred times that year, he said he was going with what was working. He didn't see anything but wins.
If Brady had so much leadership skills then why did Carr replace him? Because Carr went with the QB that was winning and that the other players played better without him in the line up. Carr said Brady couldn't get command of the team enough to be consistant.
Sounds like a real born leader to me. :rolleyes:
You call Feeley just a manager, and he doesn't have IT. Were did you think the whole "QB needs to just manage the game" attitude came from? yeah NE.
I'm not in love with the guy, if he can't pick up the new offense and proves he isn't a starter then oh well, he'll be replaced. But he should get a chance to try before he's sent on his way.
I hope the kid lights it up and we don't have to worry about a QB and can consintrate on other needs in the near future.
Unlike you who obviously will take pleasure in watching him fail so the team has yet another position to fill and you can claim supreme knowledge of football over all us peasants.
What is it with some of you people? Is your dislike DW and/or RS so bad that it blinds you from what was a horrific 04 season?
I meen really, it shows such a lack of common sense to take anything bad from last year and applying it to this year.
And to the point were as I being completely against RW return to the Fins, to thinking that he was the only smart Mother Fing person in the org that new what he was doing!
This year is a fresh start, lets take a step back and let things calm down and get back to some kinda stability.

It's just unbeleivable the self prclaimed "experts" on this MB that are unwilling to be objective. :shakeno:

BlueFin said:
6'2" is not too short....there is absolutely no basis for that argument.

Regarding Smith, He is only 20 years old, he checked in at the combineat 6'4" 217 pounds.....Marino was 6'4" 224 pounds.....I see no problem in Smith adding a few pounds which most men do as they mature.
:lol:

alrite mate, knew you'd pick me up on the knock on Rodgers.

I agree about Smith... but he looks very skinny.

If we draft a QB in the first I'd rather Smith than Rodgers... would love to be able to get Campbell.

SCall13 said:
It only takes ONE game to show leadership skills. As a matter of fact, you don't have to be in a game to show leadership skills. How does anyone think Bellichek saw leadership in Brady. He knew it was there. When he put Brady in for Bledsoe when Bledsoe got hurt, you could see Brady's leadership right away. It didn't take a season, or half a season.
When Montana first started, his leadership skills were there and obvious. When Marino came in, his leadership skills were obvious.
Skills as a leader are not learned or developed. You either have it or you don't. It is a stigma of confidence you carry and the people around you can sense it. Feeley doesn't have it. It's pretty obvious to me. People throw all sorts of blame for his stats and performances and give plenty of excuses and reasons. But I just don't think Feeley has the leadership skills needed to drive a champion. He IS just another "manager" of the offense.
Hack away all you Feeley supporters. It's my opinion and I stick by it.
SCall...really unfair assessment of Feeley...first off, I don't think Feeley is a Brady...and second off, I don't think you can compare the surrounding team and coaching from Brady's situation to Feeley's last year...It's like comparing apples and oranges...Marino's skills as a LEADER were not obvious, in fact there were questions about his leadership abilities until his 4 or 5th season...he had an uncanny pocket sense, lightning release and adept ability of reading defenses...but not necessarily a great leader to start off...He was considered too selfish and non-team oriented in his first years. He was successful more so on his God given talent than his heart. Montana is also not a very good comparison...he had a team of HOFs supporting him and a defense that was always under-rated, as well as premier coaches.

So, your assessment is not really correct of Feeley...If we surround him with other playmakers and an OL and RB...he can be more than serviceable...He has a better arm and physical talent than Ears has and is just as tough...The question is can he perform better when he is not running for this life in the offensive backfield...that we have to wait to see.

Hellion said:
What a load of bullSh!t,
There was only one reason BB kept Brady in, it's called WINNING, and BB said it a hundred times that year, he said he was going with what was working. He didn't see anything but wins.
If Brady had so much leadership skills then why did Carr replace him? Because Carr went with the QB that was winning and that the other players played better without him in the line up. Carr said Brady couldn't get command of the team enough to be consistant.
Sounds like a real born leader to me. :rolleyes:
You call Feeley just a manager, and he doesn't have IT. Were did you think the whole "QB needs to just manage the game" attitude came from? yeah NE.
I'm not in love with the guy, if he can't pick up the new offense and proves he isn't a starter then oh well, he'll be replaced. But he should get a chance to try before he's sent on his way.
I hope the kid lights it up and we don't have to worry about a QB and can consintrate on other needs in the near future.
Unlike you who obviously will take pleasure in watching him fail so the team has yet another position to fill and you can claim supreme knowledge of football over all us peasants.
What is it with some of you people? Is your dislike DW and/or RS so bad that it blinds you from what was a horrific 04 season?
I meen really, it shows such a lack of common sense to take anything bad from last year and applying it to this year.
And to the point were as I being completely against RW return to the Fins, to thinking that he was the only smart Mother Fing person in the org that new what he was doing!
This year is a fresh start, lets take a step back and let things calm down and get back to some kinda stability.

It's just unbeleivable the self prclaimed "experts" on this MB that are unwilling to be objective. :shakeno:

Who's out there LEADING New England to the Super Bowls. TWO of the Super Bowls without a premier RB and never any great WRs.

Other than this, your post seemed more like a bunch of mindless babbling.

finsnchips said:
:lol:

alrite mate, knew you'd pick me up on the knock on Rodgers.

I agree about Smith... but he looks very skinny.

If we draft a QB in the first I'd rather Smith than Rodgers... would love to be able to get Campbell.

You Know, if Joe Montana was just coming out of Notre Dame right now you'd probably be more impressed with Campbell than Montana, the poiint is there is much much more to being a great field general than raw physical talent....its much more cerebral. Now I'm not saying Campbell doesn't have the intangibles you look for in a QB, but from what I've seen of the top two QB's I feel they definately have it, I'm not sure about Campbell.

LarryFinFan said:
SCall...really unfair assessment of Feeley...first off, I don't think Feeley is a Brady...and second off, I don't think you can compare the surrounding team and coaching from Brady's situation to Feeley's last year...It's like comparing apples and oranges...Marino's skills as a LEADER were not obvious, in fact there were questions about his leadership abilities until his 4 or 5th season...he had an uncanny pocket sense, lightning release and adept ability of reading defenses...but not necessarily a great leader to start off...He was considered too selfish and non-team oriented in his first years. He was successful more so on his God given talent than his heart. Montana is also not a very good comparison...he had a team of HOFs supporting him and a defense that was always under-rated, as well as premier coaches.

So, your assessment is not really correct of Feeley...If we surround him with other playmakers and an OL and RB...he can be more than serviceable...He has a better arm and physical talent than Ears has and is just as tough...The question is can he perform better when he is not running for this life in the offensive backfield...that we have to wait to see.

By the way, I'm all for Feelet succeeding. I just don't see it happening. The same as I, and MANY others, didn't see Fiedler succeeding. And he didn't.

LarryFinFan said:

Feeley hasn't proven himself yet.
When Feeley beats Peyton, or Brady, CONSISTENTLY, I'll buy it.Til then,
Feeley is a big ?

SCall13 said:
Who's out there LEADING New England to the Super Bowls. TWO of the Super Bowls without a premier RB and never any great WRs.

Other than this, your post seemed more like a bunch of mindless babbling.

Struck a nerve, I understand, but none the less you just contradicted yourself, yes he is the QB of the champs but if he was a born leader he would have succeeded no matter where he played, and he didn't.

And the fact that you think that it was babbling speaks volumes.

LarryFinFan said:

Again, you're arguing skill. I'm talking about a quality. Leacership is a quality. Montana and MArino and Elway and Favre all had/have it.

Back
Top Bottom