The Draft, or so they call it..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft, or so they call it.....

Feeley is a leader, he took this pathetic offense in his shoulders, no leadership in the Patriots win? No leadership in the SF shootout? No leadership in the season ending late drives against the Bengals? Damn in those games he looked like Hitler did while commanding the SS or like Ghandi while his people was beaten to death by the English soldiers without fighting back.

sn9ke.eyes said:
If Brady had such great leadership skills that were so easily recognizable, why wasn't he starting over Bledsoe anyway ? I mean, Belicheck should have been able to see all the leadership skills in practice or pre-season right ?

Just like any other coach in the league: you give the veteran with the $5 mill a year contract the benefit of the doubt. Bellichick, I'm sure, saw Brady's leadership but was hesistant to pull Bledsoe for the reasons any coach would have for pulling their starting QB: QB controversy, team chemistry.
BB was no dummy. He knew what he had in Brady. He was just waiting for the opportunity.

Joey 22 said:
Feeley is a leader, he took this pathetic offense in his shoulders, no leadership in the Patriots win? No leadership in the SF shootout? No leadership in the season ending late drives against the Bengals? Damn in those games he looked like Hitler did while commanding the SS or like Ghandi while his people was beaten to death by the English soldiers without fighting back.

ONE good pass against the Pats....a very average game against the worst team in the league (San Fran) The Bengals aren't good and he didn't play well in that game. In fact, he didn't play well in any game. He played OK against San Fran and Cleveland but they were both worse than us. In the NE game, he didn't play well and threw one decent pass and suddenly became Superman. :shakeno:

Hello we are talking about LEADERSHIP not performance and he really took over the field on those games.

Joey 22 said:
Hello we are talking about LEADERSHIP not performance and he really took over the field on those games.

OK!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

SAying AJ Feeley took over anything is a ridiculous statement. Miami as a team didn't take over any single game, much less Feeley alone.

SCall13 said:
Just like any other coach in the league: you give the veteran with the $5 mill a year contract the benefit of the doubt. Bellichick, I'm sure, saw Brady's leadership but was hesistant to pull Bledsoe for the reasons any coach would have for pulling their starting QB: QB controversy, team chemistry.
BB was no dummy. He knew what he had in Brady. He was just waiting for the opportunity.

This is such bs. Bellicheck thought he had drafted a serviceable player but had no idea Brady would be as good as he is.

You are suggesting Bellicheck kept Brady on the bench for a whole year out of some obligation to Bledsoe ? Bellicheck is in the Parcells mold of the player that will help the team the best plays. If that was Tom Brady, he would have started over Bledsoe from the beginning.

If Brady had the leadership skills you claim he does, he would have overcome any QB controversy or team chemistry problems.

sn9ke.eyes said:
This is such bs. Bellicheck thought he had drafted a serviceable player but had no idea Brady would be as good as he is.

You are suggesting Bellicheck kept Brady on the bench for a whole year out of some obligation to Bledsoe ? Bellicheck is in the Parcells mold of the player that will help the team the best plays. If that was Tom Brady, he would have started over Bledsoe from the beginning.

If Brady had the leadership skills you claim he does, he would have overcome any QB controversy or team chemistry problems.

I'm not suggesting BB new HOW good Brady was. But I will go as far as saying BB was trying to avoid a QB controversy. Physical tools wise, there is no question Bledsoe was better which probably another reason why he stayed with Bledsoe. But leadership wise, Brady is much better.
And when BB drafted Tom Brady, how do you know he thought he was just drafting a servicable player? Did you ask him? Perhaps Brady was one of the players that BB got because of info from Saban that has been so well publicized. Ya never know. Or, maybe YOU do.

SCall13 said:
It only takes ONE game to show leadership skills. As a matter of fact, you don't have to be in a game to show leadership skills. How does anyone think Bellichek saw leadership in Brady. He knew it was there. When he put Brady in for Bledsoe when Bledsoe got hurt, you could see Brady's leadership right away. It didn't take a season, or half a season.
When Montana first started, his leadership skills were there and obvious. When Marino came in, his leadership skills were obvious.
Skills as a leader are not learned or developed. You either have it or you don't. It is a stigma of confidence you carry and the people around you can sense it. Feeley doesn't have it. It's pretty obvious to me. People throw all sorts of blame for his stats and performances and give plenty of excuses and reasons. But I just don't think Feeley has the leadership skills needed to drive a champion. He IS just another "manager" of the offense.
Hack away all you Feeley supporters. It's my opinion and I stick by it.

yeah thats Peyton Manning Jr. is in the draft every year... :shakeno: :shakeno: every young QB has to get his chance...and IMO Feely has shown leadership being hurt and coming back and in the New England...against the same QB that threw the ball off his butt.

PhinSoldia said:
yeah thats Peyton Manning Jr. is in the draft every year... :shakeno: :shakeno: every young QB has to get his chance...and IMO Feely has shown leadership being hurt and coming back and in the New England...against the same QB that threw the ball off his butt.

HUH?

Again, playing hurt does not show leadership skills. It may show toughness, but that's it. All NFL players play hurt. Most play hurt in some way or another every week. But these players playing hurt doesn't make them leaders. It makes them football players. It's just a general part of the game. Playing hurt is expected.

Hellion said:
What a load of bullSh!t,
There was only one reason BB kept Brady in, it's called WINNING, and BB said it a hundred times that year, he said he was going with what was working. He didn't see anything but wins.
If Brady had so much leadership skills then why did Carr replace him? Because Carr went with the QB that was winning and that the other players played better without him in the line up. Carr said Brady couldn't get command of the team enough to be consistant.
Sounds like a real born leader to me. :rolleyes:
You call Feeley just a manager, and he doesn't have IT. Were did you think the whole "QB needs to just manage the game" attitude came from? yeah NE.
I'm not in love with the guy, if he can't pick up the new offense and proves he isn't a starter then oh well, he'll be replaced. But he should get a chance to try before he's sent on his way.
I hope the kid lights it up and we don't have to worry about a QB and can consintrate on other needs in the near future.
Unlike you who obviously will take pleasure in watching him fail so the team has yet another position to fill and you can claim supreme knowledge of football over all us peasants.
What is it with some of you people? Is your dislike DW and/or RS so bad that it blinds you from what was a horrific 04 season?
I meen really, it shows such a lack of common sense to take anything bad from last year and applying it to this year.
And to the point were as I being completely against RW return to the Fins, to thinking that he was the only smart Mother Fing person in the org that new what he was doing!
This year is a fresh start, lets take a step back and let things calm down and get back to some kinda stability.

It's just unbeleivable the self prclaimed "experts" on this MB that are unwilling to be objective. :shakeno:
Awesome!

Joey 22 said:

He did lead well agains the pats but thats about the only game he lead well

fear-the-d said:
He did lead well agains the pats but thats about the only game he lead well

The defense set us up in that game. The defense won us that game. Feeley threw one decent pass in that game. Otherwise, he played very average and didn't lead much of anything.

FinzManiac said:
I love how people can predict how someone is going to turn out after watching them play for half a season.

Everyone keeps forgetting this guy couldn't win the back-up spot in an offensive system that he was comfortable with.

SCall13 said:
You're right they did. But having good leadership skills doesn't equate to immediate success. Aikman did have good leadership skills. You could see it in him. But, yes, he was on a terrible team - Worse than we were last year. But Feeley shows nothing that Aikman did. Even when Aikman played bad, he showed alot of confidence while he was screwing up and it was also obvious that pretty much everyone believed in him.
Elway was suppressed by Dan Reeves. But his leadership qualities were definetly apparent even when the team looked bad.

Aikman, Brady were all on teams that stunk teh year before. Bledsoe had not played well, the team hadnt won and he was replaced because he was hurt. Dallas stunk until JJ came to them. Diff circumstances, We were a 10-6 team with Jay, veterans will stick behind a qb that they have played with for 4 years and had won with. Jay was tough, and he was a great teammate, Feeley came in and showed some ****iness in TC and turned some guys off, as the incumbent was a winning qb and their friend. It would have been diff for Aj had we come off 3 losing seasons like 04. He won tjose teammates over, he didnt just develop those skills over teh season, he had them from teh get go. Leadership takes many forms as well, there are those that lead by mouth, lead by example, lead thru living it, getting in their and proving themselves. I am sorry if you dont buy it, but he did win overthe players, did call receivers out to them, but never in teh media. he never once criticized teh o-line or receivers and backs to teh media, he praised them, said they were working really hard and getting better each week. This was after getting beaten and battered because of missed line calls and blitz pickups. That to me shows leadership, he stands up for the team, and they recognized it and acknowledged it. You would see him on teh field yelling and gesturing to receivers.

I understand teh concerns with AJ, they are real. But to me everyone wants a guy like Smith simply because it is a new "name" that isnt AJ. Like I said before, I believe we need to draft a qb, I really, really like McPherson, and even more after Boomers thread of his ind workout. The troubles he had also could be a silver lining in that he had to wake up and mature. Now he is coming in focused and hungry. He has all teh tools that Rogers and Smith do, cept maybe some of teh intangibles, but from what I have read, he is a leader and could be a very good qb and a steal in the third or fourth. I also like Walter and Campbell. Also Fitzgerald could be a sleeper. I just dont want to draft a qb simply because he is teh new face in the fans eyes. Smith to me is as much as a project as some others with the diff being he is a slightly less risk of bust. Yes I know I could be wrong, but then I have a 50% chance of being right. Rogers is teh better of teh qbs and if he slips to us then I am all over him, but he is close to a cant miss as it gets this year.

I dont knoiw how to show my basis any better than that. AJ had difficulties, no denying it, but the circumstances have to be factored in. When comparing intangibles with other qbs, teh comaprisons and teh factors have to be the same.

Back
Top Bottom