The Draft, or so they call it..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft, or so they call it.....

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
The most important rounds of the draft are after Round 1. If we are that dependent on the number 2 overall pick, we are in worse shape than we would admit. Take whichever QB S.F. doesn't take, and hold on to your butts. Feeley is Fiedler without the ears. He'll do a serviceable job, but doesn't have leadership skills. It takes skills to quarterback a team, but it takes leadership to win a championship.

I love how people can predict how someone is going to turn out after watching them play for half a season.

marino2duper73 said:
The most important rounds of the draft are after Round 1. If we are that dependent on the number 2 overall pick, we are in worse shape than we would admit. Take whichever QB S.F. doesn't take, and hold on to your butts. Feeley is Fiedler without the ears. He'll do a serviceable job, but doesn't have leadership skills. It takes skills to quarterback a team, but it takes leadership to win a championship.
i agree(ish)...

we need more out of a draft than one good players, in recent years under wanny we have done well to get that one good player. Good teams rely on gems that they find late in drafts.

As for the QB, I duno what Saban is gna do... I think Rodgers is too short and Smith is too thin. JMHO. I want a prototypical franchise QB that is 6'5 230 - your Carson Palmers and your Matt Leinarts.

I think there is too much of a hole at RB, even if Ricky does come back... and I also think AJ needs to be given a real chance, a good full season - then and only then am i willing to cut our losses with him.

Feeley limping on the field but staying in the game after getting thrown around like a rag doll showed leadership. And even though he made mistakes, he never shied away from throwing the ball. He made some really nice throws. Throws I NEVER saw Fielder make in all his years there.

mjwenz said:
We don't know if Feeley is a leader yet. He's played half a season as a starter.

It only takes ONE game to show leadership skills. As a matter of fact, you don't have to be in a game to show leadership skills. How does anyone think Bellichek saw leadership in Brady. He knew it was there. When he put Brady in for Bledsoe when Bledsoe got hurt, you could see Brady's leadership right away. It didn't take a season, or half a season.
When Montana first started, his leadership skills were there and obvious. When Marino came in, his leadership skills were obvious.
Skills as a leader are not learned or developed. You either have it or you don't. It is a stigma of confidence you carry and the people around you can sense it. Feeley doesn't have it. It's pretty obvious to me. People throw all sorts of blame for his stats and performances and give plenty of excuses and reasons. But I just don't think Feeley has the leadership skills needed to drive a champion. He IS just another "manager" of the offense.
Hack away all you Feeley supporters. It's my opinion and I stick by it.

BassFin said:
Feeley limping on the field but staying in the game after getting thrown around like a rag doll showed leadership. And even though he made mistakes, he never shied away from throwing the ball. He made some really nice throws. Throws I NEVER saw Fielder make in all his years there.

Yeah getting hurt and limping showed awesome leadership skills. :shakeno: Playing through an injury doesn't show leadership. Football players at ANY level play through injury. I did. You did. I coach 9 and 10 year old kids at Pop Warner and THEY do. All of them at one time or another. But that doesn't mean anything. Playing through injury is just something you do as a responsibility to your team. If you're able to go, you go.

SCall13 said:
It only takes ONE game to show leadership skills. As a matter of fact, you don't have to be in a game to show leadership skills. How does anyone think Bellichek saw leadership in Brady. He knew it was there. When he put Brady in for Bledsoe when Bledsoe got hurt, you could see Brady's leadership right away. It didn't take a season, or half a season.
When Montana first started, his leadership skills were there and obvious. When Marino came in, his leadership skills were obvious.
Skills as a leader are not learned or developed. You either have it or you don't. It is a stigma of confidence you carry and the people around you can sense it. Feeley doesn't have it. It's pretty obvious to me. People throw all sorts of blame for his stats and performances and give plenty of excuses and reasons. But I just don't think Feeley has the leadership skills needed to drive a champion. He IS just another "manager" of the offense.
I guess you do not remember Peyton's first season? He looked TERRIBLE. Lots of picks, lots of sacks, and not so many TD's. Besides Marino and last year Big Ben, NO QB comes into this league and lights it up in their FIRST year starting. I am not sold on Feeley either, but one game? Come on now. I'll give him this season. If he sucks... get rid of him. Two seasons is enough to make an opinion on. One... not so much.

Oboy said:
I guess you do not remember Peyton's first season? He looked TERRIBLE. Lots of picks, lots of sacks, and not so many TD's. Besides Marino and last year Big Ben, NO QB comes into this league and lights it up in their FIRST year starting. I am not sold on Feeley either, but one game? Come on now. I'll give him this season. If he sucks... get rid of him. Two seasons is enough to make an opinion on. One... not so much.

We are NOT TALKING ABOUT STATS. We are talking about LEADERSHIP. Pay attention.

SCall13 said:
Yeah getting hurt and limping showed awesome leadership skills. :shakeno: Playing through an injury doesn't show leadership. Football players at ANY level play through injury. I did. You did. I coach 9 and 10 year old kids at Pop Warner and THEY do. All of them at one time or another. But that doesn't mean anything. Playing through injury is just something you do as a responsibility to your team. If you're able to go, you go.

Playing hurt isn't leadership, it's having Sage Rodenfels as your successor.

SCall13 said:

Jesus, if you believe that, then you should know how Seatlte feels with Hasselbeck

SCall13 said:
NYinBostonFin said:
SCall13 said:
It only takes ONE game to show leadership skills.

yes you are. But it's not good to think so lowly of yourself.

You obviously don't know a lot about the game. Every QB doesnt come in and show leadership right away. Especially when the guy never took a snap w/ first squad in preseason and never had support from the coach. It would not take any qb ONE DAY to step in, in that situation and show he is a leader. He seemed to be showing more confidence as the season moved along.
I remember Farve didn't show great leadership right away.
One day? .....ridiculous

NYinBostonFin said:
SCall13 said:
NYinBostonFin said:
You obviously don't know a lot about the game. Every QB doesnt come in and show leadership right away. Especially when the guy never took a snap w/ first squad in preseason and never had support from the coach. It would not take any qb ONE DAY to step in, in that situation and show he is a leader. He seemed to be showing more confidence as the season moved along.
I remember Farve didn't show great leadership right away.
One day? .....ridiculous

Nope I know nothing about the game. I played for 16 :shakeno: years and have coached for 7. I know nothing.

Back
Top Bottom