The Entire AFC east has only 1 win in the preseason so far! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Entire AFC east has only 1 win in the preseason so far!

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Every other team in every other division has won at least one game. New england has the sole win in the AFC east this pre season. So what can we learn from this? Well probably the New England message boards arent that worried all though as much as brady has been planted on his arse there is some reason for concern. But then you have Buffalo, Miami and the Jets all winless. So is this a prediction of the season to come or just a garbage stat that has no bearing on the regular season. I would be more confident in saying preseason didnt matter If Tom Brady was our quarter back. So since the pre season is over we start 0-0 and I will approach it that way. However reality is breathing down my neck telling me we aren't going to be very good this season. Sure some of you guys that are rah rah fans have no room for doubt you believe no matter what. I cant do that but I can do it for a couple of weeks at the beginning of the season. However with Texas the first game on our schedule we have never beat them either here or there Im not too pacified. But it really is interesting that the afc east has the worst record of the entire NFL in preseason.

Preseason is not about wins and losses, it focuses on player evaluation. The Dolphins have a lot of holes but it appears they have a rookie franchise QB to build around. We have not had that in 40+ years. For me this season is about watching Tannehill grow.

Agree Preseason win/loss mean nothing. It is used for prayer evals and for players to get use to new way of doing things etc. Seen plenty of times in the past a team has a crappy preseason and goes on and has a good record in the reg season. For the fins this year it's a rebuild I don't expect a lot from them looking at 6 wins for the most part +/- 2 depending on other factors. Everything is too new for things to be any better than that. Anything is possible but being real about it .

Preseason is not about wins and losses, it focuses on player evaluation. The Dolphins have a lot of holes but it appears they have a rookie franchise QB to build around. We have not had that in 40+ years. For me this season is about watching Tannehill grow.

Yup, and it may have some real indications as to whether RT is really it or not. If he can win some games despite the offense's short comings, that will show good promise I think.

I'm not worried about pre-season at all. The first half of the Atlanta game had its share of mistakes but overall the team and defense played pretty well. What worried me the most is if these 3rd year guys, 2nd year guys and rookies will step up to fill all the voids left on the roster. If they don't continually improve all season than it is going to be a long season.

Winning in pre-season games means a lot. It adds motivation and a sense of feeling that you are and can be successful; a sense of hope. I'm sure if we won all 4 games or even half, the mood in this form would be that we'd do alright in this season and that there is promise.

Sure New England has 1 win during pre-season, but that's New England...lol... We need every bit of hope and motivation we can get. It's been way too long!

Every other team in every other division has won at least one game. New england has the sole win in the AFC east this pre season. So what can we learn from this? Well probably the New England message boards arent that worried all though as much as brady has been planted on his arse there is some reason for concern. But then you have Buffalo, Miami and the Jets all winless. So is this a prediction of the season to come or just a garbage stat that has no bearing on the regular season. I would be more confident in saying preseason didnt matter If Tom Brady was our quarter back. So since the pre season is over we start 0-0 and I will approach it that way. However reality is breathing down my neck telling me we aren't going to be very good this season. Sure some of you guys that are rah rah fans have no room for doubt you believe no matter what. I cant do that but I can do it for a couple of weeks at the beginning of the season. However with Texas the first game on our schedule we have never beat them either here or there Im not too pacified. But it really is interesting that the afc east has the worst record of the entire NFL in preseason.

Nothing at all. I remember growing up in Phoenix when the Cards went undefeated or only lost one in preseason every year (during the 90's), yet they were still one of the worst teams in the NFL during that decade (or century). Preseason W/L means absolutely nothing. At all. Zero.

NE won one game. that's it. Guess what? They'll still be SB contenders.

Winning in pre-season games means a lot. It adds motivation and a sense of feeling that you are and can be successful; a sense of hope. I'm sure if we won all 4 games or even half, the mood in this form would be that we'd do alright in this season and that there is promise.

Sure New England has 1 win during pre-season, but that's New England...lol... We need every bit of hope and motivation we can get. It's been way too long!

With Sparano we won at least 3 games per season and te last time we won all 4 games of pre-season, we started 0-7 on regular season, so I think this means preseason means nothing! However... I am really worried about our team, I think we will have a rough year.

I agree 100%

NE is notorious for playing like **** in the preseason and then tearing it up. We will be 6-10 at BEST, Jets will not make the playoffs, and the Bills are a huge question mark in our division.

I just want to see the Phins play 60 mins of football every week and keep improving as the season goes on. That is all I ask for. Should we win some extra games and surprise everyone then even better.

I disagree. It means absolutely nothing! That is why i find the sky is falling overreaction so humorous!!!

I disagree. It means absolutely nothing! That is why i find the sky is falling overreaction so humorous!!!

I think those reactions are usually found on people who watch highlights, look at the box scores and rely on the media for their info and perspective.

They have a new coach, new systems on both sides of the ball and need to evaluate players. What I find troubling is the WR play.

I still think we will do better this year than last year. Tannehill is an obvious improvement at QB and the entire coaching staff too seems much more competent. Except for the recievers coach that is. ;)

Back
Top Bottom