The Essence Of Kris Richard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Essence Of Kris Richard

This guy is the type of coach I like. A hands on coach, not known for how smart he is, but known for getting his hands dirty and coaching these guys up.

I prefer to hire someone with HC experience who has proven they can win and lead these men, but this guy seems like a great prospect from the new HC candidates. I wouldnt mind to have him here.

Sorry, don't want a coach who is a mirror image personality wise as Chris Grier. A timid person who seems to be more of a Sunday School teacher for children than an NFL Head Coach.

You just hope a DC or other position coach can keep up that same intensity while being the head coach. Overseeing specifics vs overseeing multiple groups of specifics is a different animal.

This has been said before and goes for everyone not just Richard, even though I do like what I see from him.

Looks like a typical NFL practice. Don't see anything overly impressive going on in that video.

What !!!!

You mean you couldn't draw any conclusions as to this guys Head Coaching abilities by this video.... Thats a good thing because what could you see that would tell you anything of real significance... Oh the guy really is good at showing his excitement...great at jumping up and down.... players love his pats on the back.....

Lets just hope that this isn't what Ross and Grier are making evaluations on and the way they seem to be running this campaign it wouldn't surprise me...
Actually hard to tell if they are even looking for that long term HC or just another hole filler (out of Habit) to get them through a couple more years....

And all of us and our views about as reassuring as the media's minute by minute favorites...

Head Coach Downs...........announcer Mr Media

And They're Off !
Richards the favorite out in front while Flores coming inside the rail, look out here comes Beieneny on the outside and Fangio fadding to the rear...Coming down the stretch its Rizzi closing fast and Richards by a length and here comes Martindale and Eberflus out of nowhere and putting on a charge... Its Richards Eberflus and Bienemy and they are crossing the finish line and the winner is ! We can't tell you due to contract agreements between 2 parties but we can tell all the fans, We have a real winner and you can take our word on that....

I don’t get it...so he screams at practice? Our problem has been offensive line so before I’d endorse any coach I’d like to know what they’re offensive philosophy is or who they would bring in to fix the offense, coach and personnel wise.

I feel like the personnel is what made gase such a horrible play caller. When you can’t pass on third and long because you’re afraid your RT is going to get smoked, a guard is going to release guys to his inside shoulder or the backs and TE are going to miss an assignment every time you get play calls like the colts game. It’s not a defense of gase because he was responsible or the garbage players we put on the field. He had bad TEs blocking all pro DEs in the end of season collapse. He never had them prepared or even changed his game plan based on who we played, he just force fed his garbage and as a result we were super predictable. This is the chip kelly, bill lazor mentality, “I’m a genius and my system will beat every body” mentality. Its the opposite of the patriots who gameplan their opponent. You’ll have games where they run it down someone’s throat and others where they pass all game based on the match ups.

Richard for HC, Fangio for DC, Competent Human for OC. I really wish Dan Marino would get into coaching. If a life long 3rd stringer (Jason Garrett) can coach the Cowboys well, imagine what Marino can do

If it was only that easy.

Richard for HC, Fangio for DC, Competent Human for OC. I really wish Dan Marino would get into coaching. If a life long 3rd stringer (Jason Garrett) can coach the Cowboys well, imagine what Marino can do

You do realize that being a great player does not
necessarily translate to being a good coach?

Do you think Marino would want to invest the 16-18 hours
a day necessary as a head coach?

He's a FIRE SIGN!

Lots of really good coaches were fire signs!

Not essential. But certainly NOT a bad thing.

Been on the planet quite a while and my take

excitement + enthusiasm + intensity = a winning combo more often than not.

Of course -- gotta have smarts and some really good core instincts to be great.

Honestly I think I could engineer a great HC in a genetic lab!

JK.

More like a FREAK!

I want the next great FREAK HC who's not a pseudo weirdo egotistical dweeb like Gase!

May the force be with us!

Joe Schad tweeted out this video.

What do you guys think?

He seems very focused on the details. Love his passion for coaching and making sure guys are doing their job.

What do I think?

I think he is the opposite of Gase when it comes to connecting with players

What do you guys think?

He seems very focused on the details. Love his passion for coaching and making sure guys are doing their job.

Thanks for the video @CaSh , best one I've seen of Kris Richard so far!

This looks like a good DB positions coach, very hands on and effectively teaching. Good energy, good knowledge.

I'm still not on the Richard bandwagon yet … I don't have a handle on his overall personnel management or coordinators and positions coaches yet … so he's a bit of a wildcard for me. Still curious as to why he's the only DC Pete Carroll ever fired. But his Dallas defenses looked good, and Seattle teaches a good aggressive system that would suit our young DB's. We'll see.

I actually think the backup types tend to make better coaches. Legends like Marino had all world talent that helped them get by, backups typically had to rely on their knowledge of the game above all else. Often times people with talent like Marino simply can't relate to people with less talent.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the video @CaSh , best one I've seen of Kris Richard so far!

This looks like a good DB positions coach, very hands on and effectively teaching. Good energy, good knowledge.

I'm still not on the Richard bandwagon yet … I don't have a handle on his overall personnel management or coordinators and positions coaches yet … so he's a bit of a wildcard for me. Still curious as to why he's the only DC Pete Carroll ever fired. But his Dallas defenses looked good, and Seattle teaches a good aggressive system that would suit our young DB's. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom