The evil empire does it again | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The evil empire does it again

This is why you continually attempt to develop young talent, especially at the QB position.

Patriots have been able to acquire a good amount of draft picks over the years via trades involving QB's who have merely shown potential in small spurts.

Moore is a waste of a roster spot.

Really? Matt Cassel is the only one I can think of. They got a 2nd round pick for him, but they also packaged Mike Vrabel in that trade. They invested a 3rd round pick in Mallet and traded him for a 6th or a 7th. Not a good swap. This Bressett trade is nice, but it was for a player not draft picks. Who am I forgetting?

Really? Matt Cassel is the only one I can think of. They got a 2nd round pick for him, but they also packaged Mike Vrabel in that trade. They invested a 3rd round pick in Mallet and traded him for a 6th or a 7th. Not a good swap. This Bressett trade is nice, but it was for a player not draft picks. Who am I forgetting?

I was also thinking Bledsoe who was traded to the Bills in '02 for a 1st rd pick. Though that doesn't really fit the young potential narrative I was pushing there. Good point.

3rd string QB for a PR/KR. Didn't give up anything and got little in return.

I was also thinking Bledsoe who was traded to the Bills in '02 for a 1st rd pick. Though that doesn't really fit the young potential narrative I was pushing there. Good point.

Yeah, but your idea is still solid if teams can do it. It's just easier said than done. It would be interesting to find out which team has groomed the most starters over the past few decades. Green Bay is the team that pops into my mind. Mark Brunell, Ty Detmer, Matt Hasselbeck, Aaron Brooks, and Matt Flynn were all drafted by GB and started games for other teams. You could add Aaron Rodgers to the list, but I'm only counting QBs who started for other teams. Does any other team have more than GB in the last 25 years?

The 49ers have had 4 with Alex Smith, Ken Dorsey, Tim Rattay, and Elvis Grbac. NE would be close with Bledsoe, Cassell, Mallet, and Brisett if he starts any games. Who else?

Last edited:
and Brian Hoyer

I forgot about him. If Brisett starts games, NE would have 5 qbs in 25 years that started games for other teams. Although, none of those guys (beside Bledsoe) were any good. If Brisett does start for the Colts, I would still give the edge to GB. They had a few solid QBs come out of there when Favre was QB all those years. Brunell, Detmer, Hasselbeck, and Brooks all started playoff games in their career's as starters.

Why do the colts want Brissett!

that's why...

-irsay.jpg20140317.jpg

If you want to bet on the Patriots to make the playoffs this year the odds are -4000. You have to bet $40 to win $1. So much for league parity.

Next closest team is Seattle at -650 ($6.50 to win $1)

The Dolphins are currently +375. Not much faith.

Back
Top Bottom