The evolution of our team... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The evolution of our team...

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you look at our roster during the 2007 campaign you will notice that at almost every position we have become a stronger team. I will compare the starting rosters show what it has become today. Hopefully by me making this post you will see just how much we have become in just a short amount of time.

2007 Miami Dolphins Starters

Offense:

QB Cleo Lemon
RB Ronnie Brown
FB Reagan Mauia
WR Marty Booker
WR Chris Chambers
TE David Martin
LT Vernon Carey
LG Chris Liwienski
C Samson Satele
RG Rex Hadnot
RT L. J. Shelton

Defense:

DE Jason Taylor
NT Keith Traylor
DT Vonnie Holliday
DE Matt Roth
OLB Channing Crowder
MLB Zach Thomas
OLB Joey Porter
CB Will Allen
CB Travis Daniels
FS Renaldo Hill
SS Yeremiah Bell

Special Teams:

P Brandon Fields
K Jay Feely

Head Coach: Cam Cameron

... I will go through the process of comparing the rosters.

++ (significant upgrade): 2 points
+ (upgrade): 1 point
= (about the same in performance): 0 points
- (position has gotten worse): -1 points
-- (position has gotten significantly worse): -2 points

I will go through the process of comparing the rosters.

2009 Miami Dolphins Starters

Offense:
QB Chad Henne (++)
RB Ronnie Brown (=)
FB Lousaka Polite (++)
WR Davone Bess (+)
WR Greg Camarillo (-)
TE Anthony Fasano (+)
LT Jake Long (++)
LG
Justin Smiley (++)
C Jake Grove (++)
RG Donald Thomas (+)
RT Vernon Carey (++)

Defense:

DE
Kendall Langford (=)
NT Paul Soliai (=)
DE
Randy Starks (++)
OLB
Joey Porter (=)
ILB Channing Crowder (=)
ILB Akin Ayodele (-)
OLB Jason Taylor (=)
CB
Sean Smith (=)
CB
Vontae Davis (++)
FS Gibril Wilson (--)
SS Yeremiah Bell (=)

Special Teams:

P Brandon Fields (=)
K Dan Carpenter (+)

Head Coach: Tony Sparano (++)

On offense we have a +14 higher than in 2007. On defense we have a marginally better starting lineup with just a +1. I tried to be very fair in my ratings. I know that some of you may have different interpretations of which positions have or have not upgraded. I just wanted to make an in depth overview of where we are at compared to where we were just a few years ago. One thing that many of you have to remember is that this is a process. We will not just be good overnight. It takes time. I feel like we have gotten a lot better in many different areas. We still have many holes to fill but I am happy at the state we are currently in. One thing that I could not cover in my ratings were the backups. I noticed that the backups we have are much better. Before if someone got injured then we were practically screwed. Now I feel comfortable with the backups if they have to step in the game. I look forward to the upcoming season and expect to see even more upgrades at key positions.

oh were easily better than the 2007 team, no question about it. You forgot to mention the biggest difference from the 2007 and current team tho. Cam Cameron was the coach in 2007.

oh were easily better than the 2007 team, no question about it. You forgot to mention the biggest difference from the 2007 and current team tho. Cam Cameron was the coach in 2007.

I decided to add in special teams and head coach. You are exactly right though the head coach is a significant upgrade.

any more thoughts? i have seen some people complain about the job Parcells has done. if you look at how much better we are in just a short amount of time, then you have to be somewhat impressed. this year will be an important year for the team's development.

2007 seems like a long time ago. I cant remember the last time I was as excited about an upcoming season as I am for 10. And I expect to significantly upgrade at least 2 positions during this off-season and add valuable depth. We are on the rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its easy to go up from 1-15.
No doubt this team is talented and can beat anyone.
We just need to do it

i'm not sure fasano is an upgrade from david martin.

Also, granted keith traylor was old when in miami, he is definitly better than soliai, imo.

Back
Top Bottom