The Eye-opening Dolphins Data About Adam Gase And Third Downs And What Must Change Read More Here: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Eye-opening Dolphins Data About Adam Gase And Third Downs And What Must Change Read More Here:

LMAO! That’s exactly what it looks like. Heaven forbid the HC pay attention to 2 of the 3 phases of our football team. What a douchenozzle. Can you imagine Belichick or Shula ever taking their eye off of the field for even a PAT attempt?

Im not sure Ive ever even seen him interacting with a player or coach on the sideline?? Then has the nerve to act all smug in the PC's

Im not sure Ive ever even seen him interacting with a player on the sideline??
When Gase is fired there will be memes and jokes showing him sitting by himself w those polaroids. So freaking odd.

All you guys are crazy. None of this has anything to do with Gase.
It's injuries and only injuries. At least that's what Gase told Ross, haha

I never needed any data or statistics to know we suck. we are soft and play soft, and get pushed around. you dont need data to know this, all you have to do is watch the game.
data LOL

At Canes games, whenever Malik Rosier or N'Kosi Perry throw short of the marker on third down and the play fails, I'll say, "That's a Dolphins play."

Several nearby spectators laugh. Nobody has to ask what I am talking about.

That article was very good if Gase and the organization read it and are jolted by it. But on this forum it is merely applying numbers to something that has been blatantly obvious all season and retreating into prior seasons.

Too bad Tannehill's entire career isn't broken down along those lines. He seems to have a tendency toward those shy-of-the-marker throws regardless of who is coach. But without seeing the league averages I won't flat out state it.

The article didn't provide the league norms, or the same categories from Gase's first two years as Dolphins coach.

Gase simply has a misconception regarding how likely it is to break tackles and survive for the first down. Nobody should be particularly shocked by that. I'm convinced the league is not nearly as sophisticated as people prefer to believe. They may know insider lingo and watch film but who the heck cares when they absolutely butcher base probability in so many areas? I've mentioned many times that I worked in a Las Vegas stats office that broke out into group laughter whenever a team attempted a 3rd down screen pass in a key situation. The long term success rate is miserable but the teams/coaches obviously have no clue. That is the same fault at issue -- throwing shy of the marker on third down. The screens are merely a specific reference point.

I remember in preseason when Tannehill threw shy of the marker on 3rd down and Amendola make a terrific play by anticipating that the defensive back would overrun the catch. Amendola stopped and pivoted inside. I think it ended up in a touchdown. I remember Nat Moore raving about the play. But I think I posted here and elsewhere that it was a rare example of the poor strategy paying off, and I hoped Gase wouldn't put any stock in the result.

If Gase could merely shake that tendency I think his clarity and fortunes would improve immensely.

Throw away the fear and throw the ball aggressively down the field.

Gase hasn't benefited Tannehill at all and Gase's playcalling and decision making has been below average

I agree, all we hear about Gase and Tannehill being joined at the hip, they both seem to be a bad match. It just isn't working.

Gase is not ready to be an NFL coach, it's as simple as that and plain as day. He's drowning in his own hubris and patronizing delusions of grandeur.

Adam Gase has the worst situational awareness and feel for a football game that I've ever seen from a head coach. It's like he keeps a sheet for Tic-Tac-Toe during the game, and plays against himself until he finds a winning play. It's utter insanity.

FistPump/Philbin/Gase - all three of those guys seemed to play with fear. Didn't FistPump have rules that started with 'don't,' as in 'don't throw an INT in the red zone?' Didn't Philbin play prevent all 2H, even in a tie game? And now Gase and paranoia on 3D. My kingdom for aggressiveness.

FistPump/Philbin/Gase - all three of those guys seemed to play with fear. Didn't FistPump have rules that started with 'don't,' as in 'don't throw an INT in the red zone?' Didn't Philbin play prevent all 2H, even in a tie game? And now Gase and paranoia on 3D. My kingdom for aggressiveness.
Tony did have those “don’t” rules. I believe Ricky Williams was outspoken about how it caused the team to be timid in the red zone instead of letting it hand out. Rest his soul.

All this while he’s concentrating so hard and not interacting with the players on the sideline at all lookin like he’s busy doing a crossword puzzle #guru
That's one thing that gets me pi$$ed.
How can you coach a team when you have hardly ANY interactions with the players.
It's like he's in his own little world somewhere, and there's a football game going on around him, and he's oblivious too it.

That's one thing that gets me pi$$ed.
How can you coach a team when you have hardly ANY interactions with the players.
It's like he's in his own little world somewhere, and there's a football game going on around him, and he's oblivious too it.
He may actually have an introvert personality.

There is something off / missing with Gase.

If Gase doesn't get canned at the end of the season I seriously think he'll get booted 2019 mid season.

Gase hasn't benefited Tannehill at all and Gase's playcalling and decision making has been below average
I completely agree with that.
In all honesty, I think Gase has hurt Tannehills ability to "reach his ceiling", so to speak.
I know what I would have Tannehill doing on a regular basis to put pressure on a defense, but our GURU hasn't figured it out yet.
Get Tannehill moving with designed roll-outs, bootlegs, etc. make it part of his game, and get him under center more.

Back
Top Bottom