The Fa We Need The Most To Improve..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fa We Need The Most To Improve.....

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There are alot of quality players that are becoming available today that could really help us if we brought them in.....for the right price. The one guy I think could help us most, based on his LEADERSHIP, PLAY MAKING, and POSITION....is none other than Bills TE Jay Riemersma. I havent heard that he's been officially released, but I really like his playing style. He is such a tough, hard nosed type player. He is a leader by example and could upgrade us at TE as both a receiver and a blocker at TE. He dominates on the seam, short post, and underneath routes...both inside and out.

I really believe that if we could sign this guy, in Norv's system, we have a Pro Bowl player at TE.

Free Jay Riemersma....Bring him to Miami!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlikely, since the TE's in camp are reportedly doing so well, especially Alonzo Mayes

I agree, at the right price. The 'Fins wil be fine without him, but having him on the roster may slow the growth of Mayes and McMichael. However, if he comes cheap, he may be too good to pass up.

hmmmmmm

Originally posted by Miamian
Unlikely, since the TE's in camp are reportedly doing so well, especially Alonzo Mayes

Although I';m glad that over the past two weeks or so Mays has had nice reports, I am nowhere close to trusting him based on his track record. Same For Weaver and the gang. Jay Riemersma is a proven player that would be the immediate starter over anyone on our current roster...IMO

mayes hasnt played a down in 2 years...mcmichael is a rookie...if we can get a guy like riemersma on the cheap than its a no-brainer...

If Riemersma is willing to play for a RELATIVELY cheap salary, I say let's go get him, and cut either Mayes or Weaver after we finish pre-season.

AMEN

Originally posted by jd13
mayes hasnt played a down in 2 years...mcmichael is a rookie...if we can get a guy like riemersma on the cheap than its a no-brainer...

NO DOUBT! THE GUY UPGRADES US IN EVERYWAY - LEADERSHIP, PLAY MAKING, RUN BLOCKING! BRING HIM TO MIAMI!

Dream Weaver

I can't help it, I'm a big Weaver fan. I think that if he could get more touches and be more involved in this new offense, he will greatly inprove. IMHO. :)

I say stick with the TE's we have this season. We don't know what we really have because Gailey's offense had no use for TE's in the passing game. It sounds like we are getting a good look at them this year during camps because Turner's offense uses TE's in the passing game and the news on them have been positive thus far.

The FA I would like to see us pick up is LB KEVIN MITCHELL from the Saints. He is an outside linebacker who can play the middle also. He is better than all the LB backups we have PUT TOGETHER. Who knows, I think he is better than Derrick Rodgers. Rodgers could be our back up. :D I think Rodgers is a decent player though, but Kevin Mitchell is better.

we are fine at TE. Riemersma is like a more experienced Jed Weaver (whom I like). A receiving TE who is not a great blocker. I give our 3 TEs a chance and spend our money on our #1 prioroty - a DE who can hold the point of attack should DG get hurt or move back inside (to replace a DT who got hurt), i.e. Burnett

No way Dolfan......

Originally posted by dolphan39
we are fine at TE. Riemersma is like a more experienced Jed Weaver (whom I like). A receiving TE who is not a great blocker. I give our 3 TEs a chance and spend our money on our #1 prioroty - a DE who can hold the point of attack should DG get hurt or move back inside (to replace a DT who got hurt), i.e. Burnett

No way is Weaver anywhere close to Riemersma as a blocker, receiver, or player. I just do not see anything close between them skill wise. Especially as a run blocker.

I don't think Riemersma is the priority, he would be nice to have... but I'd see him as a luxury. We still don't know what McMicheal can do, Mayes and Weaver may not be on Riemersma's skill level, but they are competant. I'd rather see us concentrate on positions lacking in depth.. DL & OL. We're up to our kneepads in TE's right now, and still aren't sure how any of them are going to pan out in Norv's system. We all know how shallow we are across both lines... Burnett wold be a second choice over Coleman... then look at who's available for OL depth...

Hmmmm.....Tim sounds familiar

Originally posted by dolfan06
mike, i know i've met you down at limericks. did you used to sit with tim?

I was there every week to watch the Fins until 1995 when I got my DSS. I sat next to alot of people, all of whom were the usual crowd of about a dozen Dolfans.....plus whatever fans showed up that week.

There was a Father - Sin combo of dolfans I sat next to alot, I remember they lived in the Arlington area...went to Arlington HS...my old School.

I'm the guy that always had Limricks tape the game for me.......

Back
Top Bottom