The Face of Miami Sports? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Face of Miami Sports?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
For decades, there was only Dan. For 2 years, it appeared the next face of Miami Sports for the present and future would be the unmentionable number 34, we all know how that turned out. Could it be that the next face of Miami sports wont be a Dolphin at all? Shocking for a notoriou FOOTBALL town, but D Wade is now being mentioned in sports circles with NBA legends.. Will D Wade elevate himself to Marino status in Miami? Has he already surpassed JT and Zach in terms of hometown recognition and reverence?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/dailydime?page=dailydime-050514

Also, with the Saban era emerging, there is hope for great sucess for Miami's beloved football team. Who is the most likely Dolphin to compete with Wade for national attention? Ronnie Brown? Or will Saban's team be just that, a team... Without the one guy to garner the nation's attention.

I'm not from Miami, but if I was, I'm sure Nick Saban is probably the new face of Miami sports. It won't take long before everyone down there recognizes him!!!!

I think Saban could be the face of Miami sports in much the way Shula was when the Dolphins were a great team with few stars on the roster.

IMO, stars like Wade come out of seemingly nowhere to casual fans. I dont think it will be Ronnie BRown, although I wouldnt mind it. And I guess it would seem as though he came from NOwhere considering he did not have a huge name coming out of college. I honestly think that it will be Saban, if that is an acceptable answer. He is going to deliver us to the promise land for the first time in 30+years (not saying that year is the year).

Good point about Saban.. That sortve slipped my mind since I was focusing too much on players. I think that is very true.

i think as long as the dolphins arent winning and not making the playoffs, the face of miami sports will not be a dolphin. in order to be the face of a town, u must not only have great accomplishments, but help ur team win. really none of them fit that category. its obviously dwade or shaq, how could u forget the diesel?

dwadeattack said:
i think as long as the dolphins arent winning and not making the playoffs, the face of miami sports will not be a dolphin. in order to be the face of a town, u must not only have great accomplishments, but help ur team win. really none of them fit that category. its obviously dwade or shaq, how could u forget the diesel?

Shaq wont be here 10 years from now.. Heck, he might not even be here next year. Thats why I didnt mention him. Shaq will always have his place in Miami sports lore, but I dont know if you could put him on Marino status, simply because of the short tenure here.. The majority of Shaq's legend belongs in LA.

Dwayne Wade would have to achieve Jordanesque status. On neither a national nor local level is basketball anywhere near as popular as football.

I think it would have to be Wade over Shaq at this point, just my opinion

I still think this is a football town....

I would have to say that the most recognizable figure other than Shaq is probably Jason Taylor...

DWade is not yet there...win a championship and it might all change though.

I also think Shaq will end his career in Miami and will be here for a while more. But Shaq transcends being just the face of sports in Miami...he is an international star the likes of which this town has never seen...even Marino.

What about Dontrell Willis as hte face of miami sports.. Next to Wade he is the most exciting athlete in Miami to watch. Whether he is pitching, hitting, rUnning the bases, playing D, or being interviewed after the game, the kid has it all. I know baseball does not even have the lore of the Heat, let alone the Phins, but Dontrell does. I love that kid. I think he just needs a stadium to reside in.

Even at their currrent state....they are only an appetizer to football season in Miami. I hope they go all the way though.

Back
Top Bottom