The Final 50 and 3 spots that Miami will target when cuts are announced. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Final 50 and 3 spots that Miami will target when cuts are announced.

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Here We go:

QB - Henne/Moore/Devlin
RB - Bush/Thomas/Johnson
FB - Hilliard
HBack - Clay
TE - Fasano
WR - Marshall/Bess/Hartline/Gates/Wallace
OL - Long/Incognito/Pouncey/Carey/Colombo/Murtha/Garner/Feinga

DL - Starks/Soliai/Langford/Mcdaniel/Odrick/Merling/Baker
LB - Wake/Burnett/Dansby/Misi/Francis/Mitchell/Edds/JT
DB - Davis/Smith/Allen/Sapp/Carroll/Wilson/Clemmons/Jones/Bell/Alexander

P - Fields
PK - Carpenter
LS - Denney

Waiver Pickups/FA Pickups

1. Best Stretch the Field TE that can block
2. Best Returner Available
3. Best interior OLineman available

Inactives

Feinga/Wilson/Baker/Edds/Francis/Carroll/OLineman (depending on who Miami picks up)

Special Teams

Wallace/Hilliard/Clay/Mitchell/Alexander/Jones/Clemmons/Sapp/Thomas/TE pickup/Returner pickup

Practice Squad

Kearse/Grigsby/Spears/Restilli/Epps/Brackett/Livas/Chisolm

Summary

My toughest 2 cuts were Trusnik and Marlon Moore. I really wanted to see Marlon Moore handle a few returns last night, because I would have kept him if he could provide something on punts. Trusnik isn't as good as Francis as a SOLB or as good as Mitchell as an ILB. With the new kickoff rule, special teams loses a little something, and that ultimately was my reasoning for cutting him. Livas and Spears are guys that I like, but Spears definitely has to bulk up and a year on the PS can do that for him. Livas offers nothing at WR and doesn't break tackles, I think Miami will pick up a guy that can break a few tackles and offer more speed at returner. The Polite era ended when we switched to a more open offense . . . Hilliard and Clay will fill in nicely. John Jerry ultimately gets cut here, he just has been a fat disappointment since he showed up this offseason. Berger just doesn't fit anymore. Not very versatile, overpowered, he is a good backup but with Incognito and Garner, Miami has 3 guys who can play Center. If Miami can trade Merling, we may see Fields back . . . but I don't think Miami is cutting Baker, he has played too well. I kept 6 CB's . . . Miami isn't done with Nolan Carroll yet, especially with Sapp and Allen both on 1 year deals and a 7th round rookie as the other CB. Carroll needs to show some early improvement in practice if he wants the stick the entire year.

Overall, love the fact that we were 2-0 at home this preseason, that is a trend we definitely want to continue in the regular season.

You think we will take a "Returner/pickup" off the waiver wire and put Livas on the PS? I would just give the job to Livas. We can pick up guys off the waiver at other key positions.

Livas wont make it to the PS. An intelligent GM will fit him on his 53. Heres hoping Ireland is that GM.

Don't count Andre Gurode out.

Wouldn't surpise me one iota to see him in Aqua and Orange this season. Lots of ties, and I actually was expecting a trade between Jerra and Ireland when I learned of the devlopments here in Dallas

You think we will take a "Returner/pickup" off the waiver wire and put Livas on the PS? I would just give the job to Livas. We can pick up guys off the waiver at other key positions.

You know what, your absolutely right. I atleast believe they will have Livas survive the first round of cuts, see who becomes available and make a decision from there. I like Livas, but he doesn't break tackles, and a solid returner needs to be able to break a tackle. He doesn't have "I'll out run you speed" either. I have liked some of his decision making though and that is important, plus he hasn't muffed any punts so he definitely could make the roster thinking about it . . . but I gotta think Miami is gonna keep their eyes open for any potential upgrades.

Don't count Andre Gurode out.

Wouldn't surpise me one iota to see him in Aqua and Orange this season. Lots of ties, and I actually was expecting a trade between Jerra and Ireland when I learned of the devlopments here in Dallas

i read a report today that neither Gurode nor Miami are interested.

I honestly think Fields is a lock, and I don't think there is a chance that Edds is kept as an inactive... He's played too well for that.

I honestly think Fields is a lock, and I don't think there is a chance that Edds is kept as an inactive... He's played too well for that.

Edds has played well, but so has Mitchell. With Burnett and Dansby, you have 2 guys who are great cover guys, 3 down linebackers. Mitchell would bring that early down thumper in the mix. AJ Edds isn't going to see the field with Burnett and Dansby starting. I also think Mitchell is the better special teams guy.

Its a tough call on Fields, he has played well, but do you cut Merling then? Or just give up on Baker who has played better than all of them? If you trade Merling this is no longer a problem, but I couldn't just outright cut him. I rather cut Fields and have Kearse on the PS if that is the case.

i think people saying that bakers versatility will help him make this 53 makes sense...they like versatility and i saw baker against the bucs in the dline rotation early...i think odds are good he makes this roster...

fields...ehhh...i don't know...solid but i don't see much upside there...

i think livas likely makes it initially but if he doesn't flash early in the season much i could easily see them cutting him and looking elsewhere...he better go north and south when he gets his chances...if he beats around the bush i don't want him back there wasting time

trusnicks so run of the mill as an olb its not funny but i'll be floored if they don't keep him and make him active on game day for his specials teams play...god knows though that kid despite the motor won't get to the qb if he's got to beat nfl tackles

i still got to watch the boys game but mitchell looks like another run of the mill base guy at lb...i'd probably keep him initially but be looking at the waiver wire hard to see what comes free...don't see any upside

edds just needs time but if he gets burn early i think you will see teams take advantage of how average an athlete he is...but maybe that will come in time due to the knee...he can run and i think his instincts are pretty good but i think there would be quite a learning curve if he had to play every down like dansby or burnett

burnett that may well be the best free agent signing we've made in some time...that kids money with the way he drops into coverage and has a nose for the ball...very instinctual...excellent signing...he's all around the ball...what an upgrade from crowder

Edds has played well, but so has Mitchell. With Burnett and Dansby, you have 2 guys who are great cover guys, 3 down linebackers. Mitchell would bring that early down thumper in the mix. AJ Edds isn't going to see the field with Burnett and Dansby starting. I also think Mitchell is the better special teams guy.

Its a tough call on Fields, he has played well, but do you cut Merling then? Or just give up on Baker who has played better than all of them? If you trade Merling this is no longer a problem, but I couldn't just outright cut him. I rather cut Fields and have Kearse on the PS if that is the case.

The reason I think Fields gets kept is that finding a quality NT is much harder than finding a 3-4 DE, and if Soliai goes down, I don't think they want Starks playing at NT all year. Fields would get picked up by another team if we released him, especially once the season starts, and injuries accumulate.

The reason I think Fields gets kept is that finding a quality NT is much harder than finding a 3-4 DE, and if Soliai goes down, I don't think they want Starks playing at NT all year. Fields would get picked up by another team if we released him, especially once the season starts, and injuries accumulate.

Yea that is my worry also, I still think ideally we would love to trade Merling, but i don't think I can justify cutting Merling or Baker over Fields, and Kearse would still be on the PS.

i think people saying that bakers versatility will help him make this 53 makes sense...they like versatility and i saw baker against the bucs in the dline rotation early...i think odds are good he makes this roster...

fields...ehhh...i don't know...solid but i don't see much upside there...

i think livas likely makes it initially but if he doesn't flash early in the season much i could easily see them cutting him and looking elsewhere...he better go north and south when he gets his chances...if he beats around the bush i don't want him back there wasting time

trusnicks so run of the mill as an olb its not funny but i'll be floored if they don't keep him and make him active on game day for his specials teams play...god knows though that kid despite the motor won't get to the qb if he's got to beat nfl tackles

i still got to watch the boys game but mitchell looks like another run of the mill base guy at lb...i'd probably keep him initially but be looking at the waiver wire hard to see what comes free...don't see any upside

edds just needs time but if he gets burn early i think you will see teams take advantage of how average an athlete he is...but maybe that will come in time due to the knee...he can run and i think his instincts are pretty good but i think there would be quite a learning curve if he had to play every down like dansby or burnett

burnett that may well be the best free agent signing we've made in some time...that kids money with the way he drops into coverage and has a nose for the ball...very instinctual...excellent signing...he's all around the ball...what an upgrade from crowder

Edds will definitely be fine, him being inactive is not a bad thing, if Crowder was still here, he would be active.

crowder sucks kdawg...burnetts made more plays in 2 preseason games than crowder made his whole career...i would absolutely play edds before i did crowder...no question

why do people think fields can play nose??? he looks like an upfield penetrator type to me...i don't think he's stout enough to be a nose for us...i think kearse is more suited to play the nose down the line...he seems more stout to me at least in the reps i saw in the bucs game...although he might be a little short...

Back
Top Bottom