The Final Roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Final Roster

Jorser

Insider
Reaction score
The Final Roster -Updated

Still a few question marks, particularly how to keep L. Henry around and a few positions where they will be thin until they re-sign a waived player or sign someone off the waiver wire, but all in all this is pretty close to how it may go. It will be far from set until early next week. They may ultimately get to 7 LB's, 9 OL depending on if Searcy goes on IR for the first 6 weeks of the season and who they may be able to sign at LB. Twan Russell does not deserve a roster spot this year.....he has become a liability.....is playing at 215 Lbs and looks as if he is going to collapse after every play and is more than a step slower than he used to be. His contributions on special teams have easily been eclipsed by Symonette, McGarrahan, and Ayanbadejo, as well as the usual suspects. The Femi/L. Henry battle could end up a little different as well. I feel that while they would like to have L. Henry for the future, that Ayanbedejo gives you more right now than a 4th RB, particularly with the potential of only 3 TE's on the roster and the heavy use of the FB in the new offense. If Konrad were to be injured there is no one to fill his role, other than Ayanbadejo, and that role has become a very important and productive one. They may cut another player and keep both Femi and Henry until the dust settles and then waive Henry and try to sneak him on the Practice Squad. Ditto that thinking with Omare Lowe, another player that they would like to develop but who has not had any playing time in the pre-season. He too will be protected and stashed either on IR or the PS if he is not ready to play or if they are able to find a suitable replacement to be the 4th corner/reserve dime back. Earnest Grant should just hold on to his roster spot unless they are able to find a better player off the waiver wire in the next few days. With both J. Williams and R. Burnett able to play DT, particularly on passing downs, the final DT spot should go to the best run defender/strong man and that would be Grant. Henry Taylor, who I am a fan of, just gets pushed around way too much and is more of a quick step inside pass rushing DT, which they don't really need. Dario Romero is a bulked up former DE who I have seen get blown off the line of scrimmage way to much in the pre-season.

QB 3 Fiedler
Lucas
Rosenfels

WR 5 Chambers
Gadsden
Ward
McKnight
Johnson

RB 6 Williams
Konrad
Minor
Dyer
Edwards
Ayanbadejo

TE 3 McMichael
Weaver
Perry

OL 9 Wade
Perry
Ruddy
Nails
Dixon
McKinney
Spriggs
Andrew
Searcy

DL 9 Taylor
Bowens
Chester
Ogunleye
Haley
Burnett
Williams
D. Bowens
Grant

LB 7 Thomas
Rodgers
Greenwood
Hendricks
Galyon
Symonette
New Player

DB 9 Madison
Surtain
Marion
Freeman
Fletcher
Wooden
McGarrahan
Gamble
Lowe

ST 2 Mare
Royals

I had an error on the number of offensive lineman. There will be 9 and the extra player will probably be the LB. Russell may stick until that player is found or thye may keep Henry for a couple of days and then waive him when they find the new LB.[/B]

I agree with most everything but i think henry Taylor should get it over Grant. Grant had a decent game from what i heard over HT but i think Taylor has more moves and he gets penetration. He has fresh legs and ive seen enough of grant for two years, i say go in a different direction. As far as Leonard henry, well i think they will just try to squeeze him through the practice squad only to have the colts take him away like severens. they are watching us.

Taylor is not strong vs the run and I'm concerned with that...he doesn't the point of attack well, but he is really quick for his size.

Originally posted by Jorser
Still a few question marks, particularly how to keep L. Henry around and a few positions where they will be thin until they re-sign a waived player or sign someone off the waiver wire, but all in all this is pretty close to how it may go. It will be far from set until early next week. They may ultimately get to 7 LB's, 9 OL depending on if Searcy goes on IR for the first 6 weeks of the season and who they may be able to sign at LB. Twan Russell does not deserve a roster spot this year.....he has become a liability.....is playing at 215 Lbs and looks as if he is going to collapse after every play and is more than a step slower than he used to be. His contributions on special teams have easily been eclipsed by Symonette, McGarrahan, and Ayanbadejo, as well as the usual suspects. The Femi/L. Henry battle could end up a little different as well. I feel that while they would like to have L. Henry for the future, that Ayanbedejo gives you more right now than a 4th RB, particularly with the potential of only 3 TE's on the roster and the heavy use of the FB in the new offense. If Konrad were to be injured there is no one to fill his role, other than Ayanbadejo, and that role has become a very important and productive one. They may cut another player and keep both Femi and Henry until the dust settles and then waive Henry and try to sneak him on the Practice Squad. Ditto that thinking with Omare Lowe, another player that they would like to develop but who has not had any playing time in the pre-season. He too will be protected and stashed either on IR or the PS if he is not ready to play or if they are able to find a suitable replacement to be the 4th corner/reserve dime back. Earnest Grant should just hold on to his roster spot unless they are able to find a better player off the waiver wire in the next few days. With both J. Williams and R. Burnett able to play DT, particularly on passing downs, the final DT spot should go to the best run defender/strong man and that would be Grant. Henry Taylor, who I am a fan of, just gets pushed around way too much and is more of a quick step inside pass rushing DT, which they don't really need. Dario Romero is a bulked up former DE who I have seen get blown off the line of scrimmage way to much in the pre-season.

QB 3 Fiedler
Lucas
Rosenfels

WR 5 Chambers
Gadsden
Ward
McKnight
Johnson

RB 6 Williams
Konrad
Minor
Dyer
Edwards
Ayanbadejo

TE 3 McMichael
Weaver
Perry

OL 10 Wade
Perry
Ruddy
Nails
Dixon
McKinney
Spriggs
Andrew
Searcy

DL 9 Taylor
Bowens
Chester
Ogunleye
Haley
Burnett
Williams
D. Bowens
Grant

LB 6 Thomas
Rodgers
Greenwood
Hendricks
Galyon
Symonette

DB 9 Madison
Surtain
Marion
Freeman
Fletcher
Wooden
McGarrahan
Gamble
Lowe

ST 2 Mare
Royals

Agree with analysis but who is the tenth OL?

Last night it was reported that it was a slight muscle tear and he could possibly be out for only a few weeks.

Originally posted by poornate
Last night it was reported that it was a slight muscle tear and he could possibly be out for only a few weeks.

Thanks, bro.

Originally posted by poornate

Where was this said?:confused:

Posted on Sat, Aug. 31, 2002

Victories in injury game
Surtain OK; Searcy likely not finished
By ETHAN J. SKOLNICK
eskolnick@herald.com

With less than a week until the start of the NFL season, the Dolphins got two victories, and possibly a third, when three injured players were evaluated Friday.

Cornerback Patrick Surtain, tight end Jed Weaver and reserve offensive lineman Leon Searcy all sustained injuries in Thursday's final exhibition game, but none was as serious as feared.

Surtain is expected to start at cornerback against Detroit on Sept. 8, despite sustaining a groin injury while recovering the opening onside kick in Thursday's final exhibition game.

Weaver had a MRI exam on his left knee Friday, and the exam showed a significant bone bruise with associated bleeding, but no fresh tear. The team listed Weaver as day-to-day, and he could play against the Lions.

Searcy's injury is most traumatic, but an MRI showed it might not end his NFL career. After missing the past two seasons, first because of a right quadriceps tear and then a torn left triceps, Searcy partially tore his right triceps in Thursday's pregame warm-ups.

Initially, the thought was Searcy, 32, would miss another season. But his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Friday evening the tear might not be as significant as suspected and Searcy could return after a few weeks

Yesterday the herald was reporting him as out for the season probably. This story was from this morning though. It's the most recent thing I've seen.

I agree with your FB observation ....I said it when the trade was made....Dyer can not replace Konrad's role, if (and that's a little if) Rob gets injured.....Femi is the only one who can do what Konrad does....he MUST make the team....sorry Leonard Henry, you just aren't any use to us THIS year....

Thats a good point. To run the offense Norv probably needs a guy like Konrad and if he gets injured Dyer prolly can't do that. Femi is good at running the ball I think, except he fumbles.

I agree with everything except you forgot Twan Russell at LBer (perhaps on purpose). I don't think Symonette has beaten Twan for a roster spot. Symonette's got the last LBer spot right now but the coaches are scannin the waiver wire and callin people with trade scenarios pretty desperately lookin for a LBer to replace Symonette. I think we may roster 10 DBs, so somewhere one of those positions needs to be reduced one spot...

Back
Top Bottom