**The Fire Larry Coker Thread** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The Fire Larry Coker Thread**

I don't see Stoops leaving. There's rumors he's got his feelers out for the NFL and I think that's really where he wants to be. If he wants to get to the NFL soon, OU is a much better job than a UM team that will need a few years of rebuilding.

I'm not a Miami guy, but from my POV, I think they'd be better off with Spurrier than Shannon. Shannon seems like a good guy, but I'm not sure if he has what it takes to be a HC just yet. I just feel like Spurrier has enough fire and enough experience and enough knowledge to fit right in in UM. Shannon has built a great defense, but there have been a lot of great coordinators who just aren't cut out to be coaches and we don't find that out until they burn themselves out.

Either way, I saw a good load of potential at UM tonight. They have athletes, they have superstars, and if they get the right person....if they get ANYONE who can bring out the best in them, they could be dangerous soon enough.

305TillIDie said:
Spurrier would be a good fit IMO

he loves the State..he recruits like crazy..I would have anyone of those guys

Yeah for those reasons he'd be good...but does he really have what it takes to coach at the U? Contrary to what people think Coker did get good recruits...better than the ones Butch Davis got...he just didn't know how to coach them up. Ever notice how Ryan Moore, Tyrone Moss, Devin Hester, Kyle Wright, etc. all peaked extremely early in their UM careers? These guys were top recruits. I'd like a big name, and Spurrier would be better than Coker, but I'm not so sure he's the best fit.

I said they were better recruits, not better players.

kpcane said:
I said they were better recruits, not better players.

They may have been better 'recruits' but he never coached them up enough to be better players.

Nice guy, terrible head coach

Alex44 said:
They may have been better 'recruits' but he never coached them up enough to be better players.

yeah that's pretty much exactly what I just said.

UF Fin Kat said:
well, this thread worked apparently. :lol:
thank you guys, but i cant take all the credit for starting this thread and firing coker, maybe i can:tongue:

I heard an interesting name today, not for Miami but for NC State. But if he could go to one school there is a chance to go to another

Mike Martz

Personally I love the guy, he is an offensive genius very likeable, and has had success at the highest level.

Alex44 said:
I heard an interesting name today, not for Miami but for NC State. But if he could go to one school there is a chance to go to another

Mike Martz

Personally I love the guy, he is an offensive genius very likeable, and has had success at the highest level.

I don't know how likeable Martz is, but I do know that I'd like his kind of offense at UM. I don't think he'd be interested though.

kpcane said:
I don't know how likeable Martz is, but I do know that I'd like his kind of offense at UM. I don't think he'd be interested though.

I dont know how interested he would be either, just a rumor I heard on a local sports show.

But I do know he wants to be a head coach somewhere again, and there shouldnt be to many openings in the NFL this year. So its possible he goes to some college team.

Alex44 said:
I dont know how interested he would be either, just a rumor I heard on a local sports show.

But I do know he wants to be a head coach somewhere again, and there shouldnt be to many openings in the NFL this year. So its possible he goes to some college team.

I doubt Martz is interested in the college game. His offense is too complex. Most NFL QB's have a hard time with his system. I want a college coach, or a coach who has had college success (like Norm Chow). I'd really like to see Rich Rodriguez become the new coach, but I don't know how likely that is.

Back
Top Bottom