The first pick is so simple | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The first pick is so simple

Padfoot

Edema Ruh
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It's obvious we're taking Chris Long, he's the best player.

We're definately picking Jake Long, it's out biggest need.

We'll be taking Glenn Dorsey, mark it down, he'll instantly improve the defense.

We're going Matt Ryan all the way, QB of the future, no doubt.

It's clear we're taking Vernon Gholston he's the best athlete with the most potential.

Funny to see so many different opinions so sure of themselves. Reminds me of the "get your story straight" NFL commercials.

It's obvious we're taking Chris Long, he's the best player.
We're definately picking Jake Long, it's out biggest need.
We'll be taking Glenn Dorsey, mark it down, he'll instantly improve the defense.
We're going Matt Ryan all the way, QB of the future, no doubt.
It's clear we're taking Vernon Gholston he's the best athlete with the most potential.

Funny to see so many different opinions so sure of themselves. Reminds me of the "get your story straight" NFL commercials.

Chris Long isn't necessarily the best player (they are all good players in their own right), but given the risk vs reward of a huge contract and the premium on hybrids in a 3/4 you can't pass up a player like him. Then we have the ability to trade Taylor at any time and until that point he is learning from one of the best.

Jake Long is our biggest position of need, but given the depth at OT this year he is not necessarily the primary need. If this was a weak OT class he would be #1 no doubt.

Glenn Dorsey is very good at eating up blockers. Not necessarily getting to the QB (only 7 pressures in 51 games) In a 4/3 he eats up the blockers so the DE can get to the QB. In a 3/4 as a DE he needs to get to the QB which he can't do consistently and he is to small to be a dominant NT.

Matt Ryan? Just oh please god no unless he falls to us in the second. Basically better than average in a QB class that is more known for its could be potential than its will be potential. Worth a 1st rounder, but not the #1. A sure fire #1 (as pretty much all of his promoters on this board claim) shouldn't be seen on some draft boards going as low as #9 to the Ravens.

Vernon Gholston doesn't have much more room to bulk up and was dominant in college because of his strength. Problem is, NFL players are a touch bit stronger than college players on a whole. He is an incredible athlete, but he doesn't have much more room to grow IMO. I see a dip in his future adjusting to the NFL more that the others (except maybe Ryan), but I think he will bounce back out of it.

It is funny seeing everyone talk about who they absolutely think will be taken #1 (i've been guilty of it myself i'm not gonna lie), but truth is not a single one of us know for 100% certainity who's name will be annouced first on April 26th.

Back
Top Bottom