What kind of Dolfan are you?

• The Tailgate Dolphins fan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/five-types-of-miami-dolphins-fans-10506759

Miami Dolphins fans are a proud bunch. Whether you're a 10-year-old Fins fan who only knows Dan Marino from YouTube mixtapes or a 40-year-old lifer who vividly remembers when the Dolphins making the playoffs wasn't weird, there's plenty to feel good about as a Dolphins backer. Through the ups and the downs, the Miami Dolphins have had some of the most loyal fans in sports.

After all, this is a team that hasn't won a title since 1973 or a playoff game since 2000, and consistently finds new-and-unexciting ways to disappoint its fans.

The type of person willing to put up with such ongoing psychic trauma varies a lot. Here are the kinds of Dolphins fans you'll find coming out of the woodwork when football training camp opens in Davie next week.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure until 'Now, they laugh during the most miserable moments of Dolphin games and predict missed field goals before they happen'. That encapsulation is so perfect it's borderline creepy.
I laughed at this and losses used to ruin their Mondays part.
I am SO the deserted island fan

I'm with 71

72dolphins.jpg

There should be another group. The Dan Marino era Dolphins fan. That is a big group who may not have experienced the domination of the 70's but were there when the Dolphins had the best pure passing QB of all time.

I'm a fan that despite all the disappointments over the years, continues to come back for more like a junkie. I'm a fan that doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and believes the hype year after year, alas, I'm a fan in bonds. Where does that fall in the category....man I need to get out more.

I started really watching during parts of the 2001 season and closely followed during the off season of the Ricky Williams trade. So I was witness to 3 good seasons before our descent into mediocrity. Ricky Williams really ignited my fandom and he is by far my favorite dolphin. As a professional day dreamer I wonder how far we would go if we had Tannehill on that 2002 team. Playoff appearance? Playoff wins? SB win? Any difference in record?

My story is this. In 1982 there was a football game on TV, I asked my dad, "Dad which team are you rooting for". He said, "the white team". The white team won the game and it was the Miami Dolphins. I can't imagine what would have happened had my dad said the green team or if the green team had won. The game was the AFC Championship and despite the Super Bowl loss I stuck with the Dolphins. I became a much bigger fan in the Marino era.

My Dad is actually a Pats fan but they sucked back then and he's not the type that hates the rival teams like many of us. I think he roots for Miami when they aren't playing NE although I think he roots for the teams he bets with before Miami.

I am the fan that has high hopes every summer, watches every single game, roots as hard as I can, hopes we are still in the hunt at Christmas, and just enjoys being around other fans.

And truly believe we will win a Super Bowl before I die and no pessimist can convince me otherwise.

Oh shoot, out of immediate reaction I voted for Tannehill fan. Didn't see the criteria.

Turns out I am part Desert Island/Zombie fan.

At the end of the day, you're either a 100% Dolphins fan or your not. #StrongerTogether.

Back
Top Bottom