The Five Kinds Of Miami Dolphins Fans | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Five Kinds Of Miami Dolphins Fans

What kind of Dolfan are you?

• The Tailgate Dolphins fan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While I disagree with the anti-optimistic term "Zombie" and the presumptuous, looking down their nose at the optimistic point of view for category attitude, I do find myself in the camp of optimistic fans, so I voted zombie.

I wish the poster showed some more logical thought for the categories. Where is the Dan Marino fan, or The Adam Gase fan (that would best describe my position) or the Pessimistic fan, or the Extra Whiney Pessimistic fan or better yet, the New Dolphin Dynasty fan of which I am one?

More reasonable and accurate descriptions for segments of the fan base to identify with would make this a much better thread, IMNSHO!

I think the negative connotation comes from the Dolphins being mediocre for a long time. Could you call a Patriot fan a zombie if they constantly agree with moves that end up working out? Perspective matters in this instance ... plus the author's bias lent itself to the comedic purposes of the article.

I think the negative connotation comes from the Dolphins being mediocre for a long time. Could you call a Patriot fan a zombie if they constantly agree with moves that end up working out? Perspective matters in this instance ... plus the author's bias lent itself to the comedic purposes of the article.

Funny thing is I hear pats fans complaining about the moves they make every year.

I’m mostly deserted with a touch of zombie. It’s a tough balancing act. I’ve accepted mediocrity to the point of cynicism yet still allow the team to fool me into believing come training camp. If this situation doesn’t cause psychological trauma if sustained, then I’m not sure what will.

Possibly, I've known a lot of bad comics in my time and that includes myself. Once an NFL team makes a change in ownership or the head coach, it's a new ballgame. These changes occur at a much slower rate than with the players where there is some change every year. Two or three years after a leadership change, the teams roster is usually mostly new faces. Clinging on to complaints from previous leaderships teams is, at its best, very limiting with regards to predicting a teams future performance.

I started following the Dolphins when Adam Gase came and I remember my reaction to the fans on this forum which was what a bunch of whiners. They said we had the toughest schedule in the NFL in 2016. A year later after we had gone 10-6 they said we had had the easiest schedule that year. We weren't going to win 4 games. A year later they are making excuses for why we won. Now don't get me wrong. Those posters weren't as crucificational about the team and its players as the fans were in Chicago the previous year when I had just started to follow Adam Gase. It was just that a new coach came in, took control and had this team in the playoffs, made it competitive and was juggling players due to their poor performance, injury and incompetence. This accomplishment was largely ignored. Instead the same folks that had been predicting a subpar year were now complaining we didn't advance deep enough into the playoffs. This kind of hypocritical whining really turned me off concerning this forum.

Do to lack of meaningful alternatives (I tried ALL the other forums but they were either non-functional, less than current and offered limited insight into the team) I came back here. After following this forum for a while I started to see some good and occasionally great analysis of the team and its on field performance. Once I started interacting with some of the posters I began to see broader viewpoints showing up, even if it did take some lengthy threads for a lot of the information to emerge. I'm glad I stayed.

I still grit my teeth at some of the posts I see, but I have begun to see a change in the direction of the general attitudes about the team on this thread. I see an unwilling optimism occurring in this forum. Considering what I had seen, this is a breath of fresh air. The complaints now seem to center on how long it will take to get to the Superbowl. In my opinion it may be this year or it may not be this year. Whoops, have I become a realist or am I still a "zombie"?

Became a fan at 5, watching the playoff win vs KC Christmas Day 1971. Saw the SB wins, the end of the dynasty, the Marino years, Shula getting replaced by Jimmy, and the mediocrity bs since. I've seen it all! I live and die with this team. I'm not abandoning them now, that's for sure!

I could have sworn I had already read that article before... Turns out it was a different one from 2013 by the same site...

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/m...-with-papa-johns-over-n-word-scandal-10521150

Wrong article. Funny story though. They held a conference to ask the Papa Johns guy to be less racist. What does he do? He responds by being racist.

IMG_4455.PNG

Gotta appreciate the audacity though. Honesty is the best policy. I prefer to know who my enemies are. Good on the Marlins for booting Papa Johns. Pretty good PR move at least. They can use it.

Last edited:
Wrong article. Funny story though. They held a conference to ask the Papa Johns guy to be less racist. What does he do? He responds by being racist.

View attachment 12925

Gotta appreciate the audacity though. Honesty is the best policy. I prefer to know who my enemies are. Good on the Marlins for booting Papa Johns. Pretty good PR move at least. They can use it.
Thanks for the heads up, just fixed it!

View attachment 12925

All about the money isn't it that gets everbodies attention. Suddenly the players are asked to stay in the locker room if they want to kneel on the field because the ratings are down cause some fans are not watching football. Looks like Papa Johns was attempting to justify his actions by throwing KFC under the bus. What did KFC do ya know?

I went with the first choice but more of the Dan era in my prime. Anyway still convinced its the coach and a decent GM that makes the team more than just the players skills. I keep saying Shula won with a running game, defense and a QB. Proving a great coach can win with different players. So when I hear each new coach march in here and need to purge the team to get their players in order to offer a successful product I cringe, shake my head and say here we go again. Gase now has his players in year 3, giving him the benfit of the doubt that he as great a coach he thinks he is and our schedule this year I expect a 10 6 season.

A friendly reminder that we do not do politics in the main guys. Any further papa John's discussion should be in the political forum.

Wow if deserted island fan didn’t describe me idk what would. I’m 26 too lol.

Been a member since I was 14

A little younger than the article claims deserted island fans are. But not seeing a playoff win since I was in kindergarten (obviously had no idea what football was about). Its the only way to be a dolphin fan.

Back
Top Bottom