The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet

Liverpool i guess is leading the push for Fabregas which I would not mind one bit especially with CL games next year. As for that new team I have to agree with ya UK, I could see Lampard heading that way and adding to that team as another big name with the possibility of another one or two.

Liverpool is leading the push for fabergas? news to me, last I heard the only english team in for him is chelsea

Apparantly new york has offered deals to xavi and lampard. Big money as well. Would have been quite a team 4 years ago lol. Xavi really struggled last year maybe a year or two in the mls is a good fit

Interesting to see the oil money now sinking its teeth into the mls as well

Lampard and Xavi too? Wow. Of course Lampard is past it (I mean relative to what he was), and Xavi may have a couple years left, but he's definitely not what he was either. As an MLS fan, I'm don't really like this "ex-stars in their sunset years" strategy, but if it helps market the league, then maybe. As much as I'd love the quality of the football to market itself, I know in North America that's a difficult sell...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah apparently Liverpool, Chelsea and City are all rumored to be looking at Cesc. And with these ex superstars I see it as a ploy to get people interested in the sport stateside.

Get back to me if and when Beckham manages to bring MLS back to Miami....I'll follow it!

Away from the world cup (there is more to life lol) united are signing ander herrera for 34 million and probably luke shaw for another 32 or so

About time

Get back to me if and when Beckham manages to bring MLS back to Miami....I'll follow it!

Funny. If he brings a team down here I would not follow it.
a) I don't like Beckham
b) Calling a team Miami Beckham United or something like that is outright pathetic
c) A south Florida team belongs in the tri-county area. It will fail if it is strictly Miami based.

Currently I am going with my friend to the Fort Lauderdale Strikers in the NASL. They average about 4500 per game. I used to go to the Fusion back in the days.

I highly doubt it will be called Miami Beckham United lol

Miami United sounds quite good actually

This is a most excellent American HandEgg forum, but quite a often in VIP chat a few of us end up talking about proper football (much to the annoyance of hoops)

The sport seems to be bigger than ever in America these days and I know many yanks online who follow the sport very closely including a few here on FH. I thought I would see just how many on here follow it. I know loads of US based fans of English and Spanish teams but oddly I don't know a single MLS fan... any of you guys support an American team?

Personally I am a Manchester United fan and also support a team in the local semi-professional league in Northern Ireland - the quality inst great but I enjoy it.

I watch some MLS games but, the quality of play is not close to the English Premier League, and even the Mexican league. IF there is a Miami team, I would watch and go to some games. Hell, I went to a number of Ft. Lauderdale Striker games years ago,

I highly doubt it will be called Miami Beckham United lol

Miami United sounds quite good actually

I hate it. There is a DC United. Plus Miami United was used before and is used again.
Miami United was short lived and rebranded into Miami FC in 2006. They drew like 20 people. Once they moved up to Fort Lauderdale they increased attendance. to maybe 2000-3000 average. The rebranding into Strikers in 2010 gave attendance an additional boost. Currently they draw about 4500-5000 which is pretty good for a minor league soccer team.

Currently there is a Miami United playing in Hialeah. They are playing in the NPSL.

If Beckham would have any smarts at all (I always considered him a numb nut) he would dig right into that. Move the team to the tri-county area and just redo Lockhard Stadium. It is a 20,000 seat crap stadium (its old) but the infrastructure is there (lights, utilities etc). Both areas behind the goals are bleachers and easily removed. The sideline seating is easily removed as well and can be rebuild. There is abundant parking areas plus the stadium sits on a lot right next to I95 and between two major East-West bound roads (Commercial and Cypress Creek Road). Can't have it any better than that.

Partner with Traffic Sports USA (who owns the Strikers) and name the team Florida Strikers. Keep the bumble bee jerseys and off we go.

Instead he pissing around in the port area and the downtown area and just stumbling around like an idiot.

Any major team requires the support of the tri county area. Joe Robby realized that first. The Panthers followed and the Marlins made the mistake moving back south. I believe the Dolphins and Panthers draw about 1/3 of their season ticket holders from the Palm Beach County area. I am one of them. I got my Panthers tickets immediately after they moved to Sunrise. It was just easier to get there.

I watch some MLS games but, the quality of play is not close to the English Premier League, and even the Mexican league. IF there is a Miami team, I would watch and go to some games. Hell, I went to a number of Ft. Lauderdale Striker games years ago,

Let's go to a strikers game one of these days.

right, thats the world cup over, now just a month away from the start of the real thing!

heres a small insight into the thoughts of my fellow United fans over the last few days - and its accurate

BsmUf9sIIAA61yv-1.png

BuJn6y3CAAA_r1I-1.jpg

hmmm, frankly im just looking forward to seeing the dolphins play on that pitch, never mind an extra steve ross sponsored friendly game we didn't need lol still better to have won all our games than have lost em I suppose :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom