The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet

I have always been a bit meh about the whole United trying to beat City to Sanchez thing, especially considering he is 29. But if this is true? We are robbing Arsenal

Apparently United strongly considered signing Christian Pulisic next summer until they somehow ended up with Sanchez

Thats a name well thought of around here

@ChambersWI how did Milan to manage to break fair play rules whilst finishing sixth? He would be much cheaper than some of the other options we have looked at, but I doubt we actually want him - he is pretty old

in other news... instead of this:

We got this:

He even had an offer from Arsenal.... but we are still stuck with him ***** sake

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Wazza has finally signed for DC United. Good fit for the MLS retirement home I suppose, he will lumber around, score a couple of 30 yarders per season and everyone will be happy.

Didnt go to China because his wife didnt fancy it. Wasington seems an odd choice, doesnt exactly sound like the most glamorous MLS location

Old Wazza has finally signed for DC United. Good fit for the MLS retirement home I suppose, he will lumber around, score a couple of 30 yarders per season and everyone will be happy.

Didnt go to China because his wife didnt fancy it. Wasington seems an odd choice, doesnt exactly sound like the most glamorous MLS location

To be fair MLS has and continues to improve leaps and bound. So the retirement home cliche I don't think is as true as it once was. Now MLS is focusing more on getting younger player from Central America to help as the youth system improves. Still not there yet, but improving.

As for DC. They're desperate for a buzz and they suck

To be fair MLS has and continues to improve leaps and bound. So the retirement home cliche I don't think is as true as it once was. Now MLS is focusing more on getting younger player from Central America to help as the youth system improves. Still not there yet, but improving.

As for DC. They're desperate for a buzz and they suck

I might buy this if they hadn't just signed Rooney who has been washed up for about 4 years.

Kinda sad, Rooney is younger than Ronaldo and probably had more natural talent. Ronaldo is scoring hat tricks in the world cup, Rooney is in the MLS

I might buy this if they hadn't just signed Rooney who has been washed up for about 4 years.

Kinda sad, Rooney is younger than Ronaldo and probably had more natural talent. Ronaldo is scoring hat tricks in the world cup, Rooney is in the MLS

MLS does still tend to sign a washed up star now and then, but it's not like it was a couple years ago where MLS (or really New York and LA) would sign every washed up EPL player

A few days after the champions league final and the reaction that followed, Liverpool suddenly explained his howler was because of a previously unmentioned (and un-substituted) concussion. Some cynics suggested this was just PR talk to protect the player from huge criticism, mostly from his own fans

Did he have another tonight? Or is he just crap?

A few days after the champions league final and the reaction that followed, Liverpool suddenly explained his howler was because of a previously unmentioned (and un-substituted) concussion. Some cynics suggested this was just PR talk to protect the player from huge criticism, mostly from his own fans

Did he have another tonight? Or is he just crap?
Now you know what it's like having crap in goal. But at least you won (unlike my beloved Samurai Blues).

Real question though (outside of the World Cup) is did Juventus win today?

Now you know what it's like having crap in goal. But at least you won (unlike my beloved Samurai Blues).

Real question though (outside of the World Cup) is did Juventus win today?

Oh im far from a Liverpool fan lol

I think its an amazing signing for Juve. Though they already dominate a weak Serie A without Ronaldo, they need to win a Champions League now

Oh im far from a Liverpool fan lol

I think its an amazing signing for Juve. Though they already dominate a weak Serie A without Ronaldo, they need to win a Champions League now
Forgot - you're a United man! o_O

Ok, time for a little commercial break.

My team (the Vancouver Whitecaps) are thoroughly mediocre, but I mentioned last year that we had the best 16 year old in the world, and what that means is that we now have the best 17 year old in the world. Here's what he did tonight against Wayne Rooney's team:

Now I know it was garbage time, and he got a bit lucky, and he's still young, etc. but this kid is really really good. As in the next Kylian Mbappe good. (Ok, getting a bit carried away.;) ) Word is Real Madrid is the latest asking to talk to him. I expect he'll be gone to Europe in the next 6 months - UK, you better get your team to step up or it won't be to United! ;)

He is far from the finished product, but I gotta tell you, I haven't been this excited about a Vancouver export since Cam Wake! :thumbsup

Ok, time for a little commercial break.

My team (the Vancouver Whitecaps) are thoroughly mediocre, but I mentioned last year that we had the best 16 year old in the world, and what that means is that we now have the best 17 year old in the world. Here's what he did tonight against Wayne Rooney's team:

Now I know it was garbage time, and he got a bit lucky, and he's still young, etc. but this kid is really really good. As in the next Kylian Mbappe good. (Ok, getting a bit carried away.;) ) Word is Real Madrid is the latest asking to talk to him. I expect he'll be gone to Europe in the next 6 months - UK, you better get your team to step up or it won't be to United! ;)

He is far from the finished product, but I gotta tell you, I haven't been this excited about a Vancouver export since Cam Wake! :thumbsup
Well, too late, UK. Apparently the Bavarian Munchkins have just officially signed him up, for a record MLS transfer fee of $15M. :eek:

I'm not going to say he's worth that amount, but I will say he's the best Canadian youngster since Owen Hargreaves transferred to the same Bayern Munich team 20 years ago. In fact, on potential, he's probably better than Hargreaves.

Back
Top Bottom