The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This is a most excellent American HandEgg forum, but quite a often in VIP chat a few of us end up talking about proper football (much to the annoyance of hoops)

The sport seems to be bigger than ever in America these days and I know many yanks online who follow the sport very closely including a few here on FH. I thought I would see just how many on here follow it. I know loads of US based fans of English and Spanish teams but oddly I don't know a single MLS fan... any of you guys support an American team?

Personally I am a Manchester United fan and also support a team in the local semi-professional league in Northern Ireland - the quality inst great but I enjoy it.

even if im talking to myself I cant think of a better way to get this started than this

UPpc9EY-1.gif

This is a most excellent American HandEgg forum, but quite a often in VIP chat a few of us end up talking about proper football (much to the annoyance of hoops)

The sport seems to be bigger than ever in America these days and I know many yanks online who follow the sport very closely including a few here on FH. I thought I would see just how many on here follow it. I know loads of US based fans of English and Spanish teams but oddly I don't know a single MLS fan... any of you guys support an American team?

Personally I am a Manchester United fan and also support a team in the local semi-professional league in Northern Ireland - the quality inst great but I enjoy it.
I followed Series A for a while after studying abroad there. Going to a Fiorentina match was one of the best sports experiences of my life and I was instantly hooked (I can only imagine what a match at a bigger venue with better teams would be like).

When I was living in Dallas, I kept up with it and EPL pretty well. We also went to quite a few FC Dallas matches because they were a lot of fun and super cheap. I've also been to a couple of Toronto FC matches, which were awesome. They have a huge following there. Hard to get tickets.

Unfortunately, it's been hard to keep up recently. Just too much going on in life at the moment. I've gone to see a few matches at a local pub (watched Fiorentina yesterday actually), but really haven't been able to catch up.

never really watched much soccer until this year, and i must say, i really enjoy it.

there are games on pretty much daily here in the u.s, whether its on nbc sports network, fox sports 1 or 2, B E I N, all of these channels pretty much shower soccer daily.

still deff learning the sport as i dont understand it fully, and learning some of the players, but deff know a lot more than i did a year ago.

looking forward to watching real madrid at bayern munich tomm

Rugby...two to one oval ball...:tongue:

bloody rugby tries to call itself football as well, so does gaelic here in Ireland - sports really need to stop stealing the word football lol

never really watched much soccer until this year, and i must say, i really enjoy it.

there are games on pretty much daily here in the u.s, whether its on nbc sports network, fox sports 1 or 2, B E I N, all of these channels pretty much shower soccer daily.

still deff learning the sport as i dont understand it fully, and learning some of the players, but deff know a lot more than i did a year ago.

looking forward to watching real madrid at bayern munich tomm

What teams do you support?

ironically America is heaven when it comes to getting games on tv. UK TV laws are very strict to help with attendances; for example Saturday 3pm games can never be shown on live tv - ever, under any circumstances. And unlike the NFL you cant get any game for any team, you watch the games that have been picked for tv or nothing. So I watch a lot of US streams to fill in the blanks and I have to say the new network is a huge upgrade over fox who had awful awful awful studio analysts and commentators - it was so bad that I actually used to watch United games on mute whilst watching the streams. Also the new network seems to show every game, even the small teams which is damn impressive

Last edited by a moderator:
bloody rugby tries to call itself football as well, so does gaelic here in Ireland - sports really need to stop stealing the word football lol

What teams do you support?

ironically America is heaven when it comes to getting games on tv. UK TV laws are very strict to help with attendances; for example Saturday 3pm games can never be shown on live tv - ever, under any circumstances. And unlike the NFL you cant get any game for any team, you watch the games that have been picked for tv or nothing. So I watch a lot of US streams to fill in the blanks and I have to say the new network is a huge upgrade over fox who had awful awful awful studio analysts and commentators - it was so bad that I actually used to watch United games on mute whilst watching the streams. Also the new network seems to show every game, even the small teams which is damn impressive

i do not really support any specific team, but i like watching real madrid, barcelona even though hey have been struggling of late, liverpool,

[video=youtube_share;4vXGLx63FEo]http://youtu.be/4vXGLx63FEo[/video]

Well that explains why the sport isn't growing faster in America. .... wow that's bad lol

Malcolm Glazer just died... somehow I suspect the family gets more sympathy from bucs fans than United fans

Hope the leaches sell now

"Football" isn't exactly my favorite sport, I really wish they would do away with all the diving and made it a tougher game (especially since I'm a Serie A fan). I lived in Rome for 2 years and experienced them winning the scudetto, which is the Serie A championship in the early 2000s. It was fantastic not that I have a great recollection of it but they don't make many fans like soccer fans, especially in North America. As a Canadiens fan I think that's as close as we have to a European sports team and fanatics. I've also played soccer for a long time, was always fun because everyone else were pansies and I was bigger...not like football where I had to play the farm boys.

[video=youtube;XC8ZMOe6qDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC8ZMOe6qDQ[/video]

Yea lampard is probably going to that new team, weird that a team is owned by other sports teams but hey its sure getting a lot of money pumped into it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom