The forgotten Albert Wilson here we come. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The forgotten Albert Wilson here we come.

Top to bottom this an elite group of receivers (when healthy), especially if Gesicki is factored into the mix.

Top to bottom this an elite group of receivers (when healthy), especially if Gesicki is factored into the mix.

I think that's part of the problem. Some of think of the receiving group as elite level or very good if healthy, but then if they look average or have a hiccup here or there people get upset and start call for a human sacrifice. In reality they might not be as good as we think and when they look average it's because they are just average. Reember nationally the opinion if Miami has an upward ticking Parker and a bunch of blah place holder receivers who need to be replaced. I happen to like the receiving corp and think they could be effective not sure if any of them are in the team's long term plans. Williams could and should be if he returns from injury and improves on his early rookie season. While I'm a big Parker fan, remember he'll be 30 when Tua is in his 3rd season, so they might want to go with a receiving corp that's a little younger. Grant, Hurns, Wilson, Ford and Jennings could all be useful, but none seem to players you would have a real hard time replacing if you had to.

I’m gonna go check out some of Jakeems college play and see why he was able to set receiving records. I guess Mahomes was good then too.

I think that's part of the problem. Some of think of the receiving group as elite level or very good if healthy, but then if they look average or have a hiccup here or there people get upset and start call for a human sacrifice. In reality they might not be as good as we think and when they look average it's because they are just average. Reember nationally the opinion if Miami has an upward ticking Parker and a bunch of blah place holder receivers who need to be replaced. I happen to like the receiving corp and think they could be effective not sure if any of them are in the team's long term plans. Williams could and should be if he returns from injury and improves on his early rookie season. While I'm a big Parker fan, remember he'll be 30 when Tua is in his 3rd season, so they might want to go with a receiving corp that's a little younger. Grant, Hurns, Wilson, Ford and Jennings could all be useful, but none seem to players you would have a real hard time replacing if you had to.

I think Preston Williams makes them different than years past when it was just potential. From what I saw in that kid he seemed like a prototype starting WR, as opposed to all the guys who are physical specimens but for some reason don’t translate it. It took Parker 4 years. It took Preston 4 weeks.

Parker was a hall of famer the second half of last year, I couldn’t see his play falling off now if he’s healthy. Especially once the QB change is made.

Albert Wilson seemed to get his legs back in December.

We will see but sky’s the limit right now if no setbacks.

I remember the Raiders game a couple of years back, the high five between Wilson with Grant on his way to the end zone. At that point, that receiving group had tons of potential and I saw speed win that game for the Dolphins and thought they've got a powerful weapon in those two. After 1 or 2 injuries and some age, sometimes it's not the same weapon you once had.

I’m gonna go check out some of Jakeems college play and see why he was able to set receiving records. I guess Mahomes was good then too.

I think Preston Williams makes them different than years past when it was just potential. From what I saw in that kid he seemed like a prototype starting WR, as opposed to all the guys who are physical specimens but for some reason don’t translate it. It took Parker 4 years. It took Preston 4 weeks.

Parker was a hall of famer the second half of last year, I couldn’t see his play falling off now if he’s healthy. Especially once the QB change is made.

Albert Wilson seemed to get his legs back in December.

We will see but sky’s the limit right now if no setbacks.

I don't see Parker fall off this year or the next, but I just think the team would prefer 23 or 24 year old version of Parker, someone who won't be 30 when Tua is moving past his early NFL growing stage. Then again sometimes it's good to have an experienced aging vet receiver to help mentor your young qb, but I'm not sure Parker is that type of vocal player. Not like a Larry Fitzgerald. The one good thing abould the Parker/Tua relationship is I don't expect Parker to be a diva type yelling at Tua all the time to target him as much as possible.

I don't see Parker fall off this year or the next, but I just think the team would prefer 23 or 24 year old version of Parker, someone who won't be 30 when Tua is moving past his early NFL growing stage. Then again sometimes it's good to have an experienced aging vet receiver to help mentor your young qb, but I'm not sure Parker is that type of vocal player. Not like a Larry Fitzgerald. The one good thing abould the Parker/Tua relationship is I don't expect Parker to be a diva type yelling at Tua all the time to target him as much as possible.

I am thrilled with his contract numbers right now. We will see what the future holds but I could see a 4 to 5 year window with DVP in his athletic prime. Thankfully his injuries have been minor to point and his body might be peaking soon.

For me, Parker is the only real reason I’d consider playing Tua this year. I am so eager to see them together.

I like Rondale Moore from Purdue a lot if Jakeem doesn’t take off this year. I hoe Albert Wilson can play 16 games the way he played the last 4 or 5 last year. Long term though he’s not likely to be here either.

Unlike this year, I do think we invest with a high pick on WR with the big investment in the OL this year needed a lot more. Next year though, I could see a WR early. E

Parker "emerged" big time last year and no reason to doubt the validity of that IMO.

He could become certified MONSTER from here on out.

Preston impressed for day 1 rookie camp and as long as his knees are sound

his upside is "brilliant" as they say over yonder.

Wilson is a great kid and should be as "recovered" from his hip as he's ever going to be.

His game will show (one way or another) right away IMO.

Grant was also "recovering" and his time to "emerge" is now or ain't gonna happen.

Ford is another great kid and all he's done is algorithmically build his Pro career. His "emergence" is now as well.

The rest of the pack are position fillers and yet to be validated one way or another.

So taken as a whole, our WR group is a few clicks away from really scaring opposing D coordinators

but we have legit upside and at least the potential to be "NFL certified" at the position.

Looking forward -- easy to see some premium draft ammo used on the position.

Anyway, connecting this back to Wilson -- I kind of see a conflict of positional interests between him and Grant.

Unsure how that resolves but I still believe Grant needs to be optimized inside which essentially conflicts with Wilson.

Anyone else see that?

Last edited:
Our wr are avg groups...it good enough get job done
A lot depends on DVP continuing his man among boys routine, and Williams/Wilson returning to (close to) top form.

If that happens, we have plenty of juice to squeeze. Throw in a reliable, precise possession guy (Ford?), defensive secondaries will have a lot
on their plate.

I'm sure we will try to establish some semblance of a power run game early in the year. It may not be pretty those first few games.

Good points.

I always felt Parker's biggest issue was confidence.

Even, some of the injuries. I think a lot of players have a mindset that they are going out there, and kick your ass, to the best of their ability, irrespective of a nagging, or minor injury.

Hopefully, that very confident dude that was embarrassing DBs with unmatched desire and top shelf physical ability is still here.

If "twitter balls" are relavent, DVP seems to be taking some smack.

Back
Top Bottom