The Franchise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Franchise

I think 1 main reason Saban might leave that people seem to overlook, is that this team is old, and like you said rebuilding has yet to begin. Why would Saban want to go through 2 rebuilding seasons just to get fired? If he is fired after another losing season, than he just missed his opportunity to go to a major college program. Either way he is going to ran out of town in 1-2 more years, might as well go now, and for more money.

Ronnie Brown
Channing Crowder
Matt Roth
Jason Allen
Derek Hagen
Rex Hadnot
Travis Daniels

Just a few of Saban's picks that I believe will pan out for us. And you say the rebuilding is yet to begin. :dolphins:

I meant...."Laughing stock of the messageboards where some people seem to know everything."

That you compare Spurrier to Saban means you're probably one of those. Spurrier-to-Saban comparisons are completely moot, simply by thier personality types. Spurrier knew when he was overmatched. He simply was not willing to work hard enough, nor, has he ever been. Saban is a chronic workaholic/overachiever.

The only part of Saban that I call in question is his personnel moves, which is what it is.

Triva.......How many teams did BB offically coach before he became an overnight genious?

:confused:

All I did was state my opinion in a civil manner and you have to resort to flinging insults. If you go back to my original post and actually read it, you'll see I was merely expressing my frustration with some of the personnel moves that Coach Saban made this year, something that you yourself just said that you had questioned as well.

And as for me allegedly comparing Coach Saban to Steve Spurrier, please read my posts before making stupid and untrue statements like that. Go back and read it. What I said was that comparing Belichick and Saban was like comparing Kotite and Spurrier and Saban in that all of them were in different scenarios and you couldn't compare them at all.

Ronnie Brown
Channing Crowder
Matt Roth
Jason Allen
Derek Hagen
Rex Hadnot
Travis Daniels

Just a few of Saban's picks that I believe will pan out for us. And you say the rebuilding is yet to begin. :dolphins:

Rex Hadnot is a leftover from Wanny and Spielman. But the rest are either good or potentially good players at the this stage in their careers. We need a lot more of them before we can be where we all want to be. Granted, we haven't had a lot of draft picks the last couple of years, but that makes it all the more important to make them count.

I am a lifelong Dolphins fan and I have supported Coach Saban the entire time he's been here and I still do. However, this year was extremely tough to take. I wouldn't mind a few losing seasons if we were in the rebuilding mode, but we clearly aren't. Our defense is old and it's best players are in their mid and late 30s. The offense has no identity and the only answer at QB is a guy who hasn't played well for two straight years due to injury and confidence problems.

It is IMPERATIVE that Coach Saban make the most of this year's draft and FA. I really don't care if we win the Super Bowl next year. But I DO want to see draft picks that sign ON TIME and are ready to contribute to the future of this franchise. NO MORE WASTED DRAFT PICKS!!! WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THEM UNDER WANNSTEDT!!!!!! :fire:

So while I will root my Dolphins on next year, no matter what our record is, I want to see signs that we're getting better with new blood, not just Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. Every person in this organization needs to be accountable, and that includes Coach Saban if he doesn't have a good draft and FA.

Nice Post!!!!:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom