The Franchise | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Franchise

endorPHINS72

Restore the greatness!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I am a lifelong Dolphins fan and I have supported Coach Saban the entire time he's been here and I still do. However, this year was extremely tough to take. I wouldn't mind a few losing seasons if we were in the rebuilding mode, but we clearly aren't. Our defense is old and it's best players are in their mid and late 30s. The offense has no identity and the only answer at QB is a guy who hasn't played well for two straight years due to injury and confidence problems.

It is IMPERATIVE that Coach Saban make the most of this year's draft and FA. I really don't care if we win the Super Bowl next year. But I DO want to see draft picks that sign ON TIME and are ready to contribute to the future of this franchise. NO MORE WASTED DRAFT PICKS!!! WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THEM UNDER WANNSTEDT!!!!!! :fire:

So while I will root my Dolphins on next year, no matter what our record is, I want to see signs that we're getting better with new blood, not just Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. Every person in this organization needs to be accountable, and that includes Coach Saban if he doesn't have a good draft and FA.

It's not this year that has been tough...it's the past five...actually I have been suffering since around 1974. :boohoo:

Rebuilding is just one way to bring back a franchise. Keeping a core of veterans to school up the younger guys is another. Keeping guys like Zack and J. Taylor who are having better seasons then any rookie in the league on the defensive side. If you have veterans that are outplaying your younger guys, then I don't see any issue with the direction this team is going.

First and second round picks are not going to be handed a starting job. I like that message.

Rebuilding is just one way to bring back a franchise. Keeping a core of veterans to school up the younger guys is another. Keeping guys like Zack and J. Taylor who are having better seasons then any rookie in the league on the defensive side. If you have veterans that are outplaying your younger guys, then I don't see any issue with the direction this team is going.

First and second round picks are not going to be handed a starting job. I like that message.

That message is good when you have older players that are playing really well and young pups nipping at their heels trying to break into the starting lineup. Unfortunately, when we had Travares Tillman starting because Jason Allen was nowhere close to being ready to start, that set the team back. I really believe that Coach Saban thought Jason Allen could come in and start at some point as a rookie. And on the offensive line, when L.J. Shelton showed that he couldn't play LT and was successfully moved to RG, it would have been very encouraging to have seen 2nd year player and Hudson Houck Favorite Anthony Alabi come in and show something at LT. Unfortunately, Alabi looked so lost at LT, he was leapfrogged by Damion Macintosh, the guy we replaced with L.J. Shelton in the offseason :shakeno: .

ronnie will be a beast roth is getting better channing is dominating and 1 more good draft pick(hopefully a O-line ) and we will be fine

Homework is important.

Look at many other HCs to include the (in)famous Bill Bellichecks' record.

He was a laughing stock.....all the way untill he wins a few Super Bowls.

Homework is important.

I wish more people around here realized the larger than life facts like this one before they go popping off at the mouth.

This is such a great (and simple) point. This is Saban's first run as a HC in the NFL. With the slate that he was left to work with, we should not be suprised if it takes 3 years to get teh team where it neds to be to flourish.

We have hit some great draft picks and some total misses. Every team does. Our team has so many needs that they are not going to be solved quickly, just like BB's Patriots.

Homework is important.

Patience is essential when rebuilding a franchise, yes. But the early records of Bill Belichick and other coaching greats have as much to do with the situation in Miami as some of the NFL's lesser coaches like Rich Kotite and Steve Spurrier. They were all totally different situations and each franchise had totally different personnel.

And Bill Belichick was never a laughing stock in circles within the NFL. Teams don't give up first round draft picks for coaches who are laughing stocks of the league.

Patience is essential when rebuilding a franchise, yes. But the early records of Bill Belichick and other coaching greats have as much to do with the situation in Miami as some of the NFL's lesser coaches like Rich Kotite and Steve Spurrier. They were all totally different situations and each franchise had totally different personnel.

And Bill Belichick was never a laughing stock in circles within the NFL. Teams don't give up first round draft picks for coaches who are laughing stocks of the league.

Very good points, but I think the same proncipal applies here, that being Rome wasn't built in a day (or something to that extent).

I wish more people around here realized the larger than life facts like this one before they go popping off at the mouth.

This is such a great (and simple) point. This is Saban's first run as a HC in the NFL. With the slate that he was left to work with, we should not be suprised if it takes 3 years to get teh team where it neds to be to flourish.

We have hit some great draft picks and some total misses. Every team does. Our team has so many needs that they are not going to be solved quickly, just like BB's Patriots.

Bill Belichick took over as head coach of the Patriots in 2000 and in 2001, they were hoisting the Lombardi Trophy over their heads in New England. What does that have to do with Coach Saban and the Miami Dolphins? Absolutely nothing. The team that Bill Belichick took over in 2000 had a lot more talent defensively than the one Nick Saban enherited. Bill Belichick also made some shrewd and non-blockbuster free agent additions as well as great draft picks to fill in the holes. So let's stop the comparisons and focus on what really is important - the future of the Miami Dolphins.

I meant...."Laughing stock of the messageboards where some people seem to know everything."

That you compare Spurrier to Saban means you're probably one of those. Spurrier-to-Saban comparisons are completely moot, simply by thier personality types. Spurrier knew when he was overmatched. He simply was not willing to work hard enough, nor, has he ever been. Saban is a chronic workaholic/overachiever.

The only part of Saban that I call in question is his personnel moves, which is what it is.

Triva.......How many teams did BB offically coach before he became an overnight genious?

Bill Belichick took over as head coach of the Patriots in 2000 and in 2001, they were hoisting the Lombardi Trophy over their heads in New England. What does that have to do with Coach Saban and the Miami Dolphins? Absolutely nothing. The team that Bill Belichick took over in 2000 had a lot more talent defensively than the one Nick Saban enherited. Bill Belichick also made some shrewd and non-blockbuster free agent additions as well as great draft picks to fill in the holes. So let's stop the comparisons and focus on what really is important - the future of the Miami Dolphins.

The team NS took over had been run into the ground and ruined by complete ineptitude. It will take time to rewind the damage.

I think 1 main reason Saban might leave that people seem to overlook, is that this team is old, and like you said rebuilding has yet to begin. Why would Saban want to go through 2 rebuilding seasons just to get fired? If he is fired after another losing season, than he just missed his opportunity to go to a major college program. Either way he is going to ran out of town in 1-2 more years, might as well go now, and for more money.

Back
Top Bottom