The friggin' Bucs are interested in Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The friggin' Bucs are interested in Boston

mbmonk

Dolphin's official bedwetter
Reaction score
You have to register to see the article so here is guts of it:

Staff Edit: Where is the link?

In their on-going search to juice up the offense, the Buccaneers have inquired about the availability of San Diego WR David Boston, according to NFL sources. Boston caught 70 passes for 880 yards and seven touchdowns in 2003. He was suspended one game for conduct detrimental to the team.

A former first-round draft pick of Arizona, Boston signed a seven-year, $47 million free-agent deal with the Chargers last season. He is due a $3 million roster bonus on Monday and the team would like to either move the player or re-do his contract to ward off the $3.9 million Boston is due in guaranteed money next season. The Chargers are said to prefer the former option.

The Bucs, who finished '03 with Keenan McCardell and Charles Lee as their starting receivers and Joe Jurevicius on injured reserve, are in the market for a big-play wideout. Boston has been that at times during his career, and more, having crossed the coaching staffs in both Arizona and San Diego.

The Chargers have given Boston's agent permission to shop for trade offers. Earlier in the week, the Miami Dolphins denied interest in the fifth-year pro from Ohio State whose career numbers show 311 catches for 4,619 yards, an average of 14.9 yards per receptions and 25 touchdowns.

In other Bucs news, free agent LB Jeff Gooch signed a contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Gooch spent the last two seasons with the Detroit Lions after playing the first six of his career with the Bucs. He appeared in 89 games, including 21 starts, and also was a standout on special teams during his first stint with Tampa Bay. He appeared in all 16 games for the Lions last season, finishing with 17 tackles on defense and 23 on special teams

yeah the friggin' bucs:fire:

Not that I'm happy about this, but honestly, did you expect that NO ONE else was going to show interest? If it comes down to us and Tampa, I like our chances. It's not like the Bucs have a ton of cap room or are a markedly better team. Personally, I'd be much more concerned about Filthydelphia getting in the bidding.

I say go make the trade. I dont care if its porturing by the bucs. I dont care if we would have the best shot onvce he is cut. A mid level pick for a player like that, even just for insurance, is a great deal. CMON SPIEL

If we can work out a restructured deal, I'm all for a trade. My desire to let him get cut first was because I didn't like his contract. But now that it appears there are other potential suitors, we should step up and work out a deal.

I think that we will trade for Boston. Similar to the Jnr Seau trade.

San Diego want something for him.

We want him.

and he wants to play for us and Jerry Sullivan

All things are looking good.

Comes as no suprise to me that Tampa is looking at him. They have no qualms about bringing in veteran players with a history of problems and/or who are long washed up. Heck, ANDRE RISON was out there in November(?). :rolleyes:

This isn't a knock on Boston. Just that Tampa doesn't think twice about bringing guys with problems in for a look.

Originally posted by phunwin
If we can work out a restructured deal, I'm all for a trade. My desire to let him get cut first was because I didn't like his contract. But now that it appears there are other potential suitors, we should step up and work out a deal.

I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE PHUNWIN ... :D :D

The Bucs do not have the cap room to sign Boston. They can't even sign Sapp who wants to finish out his career as a Buc. I would put the Bucs as very longshot of making this acquistion before or after Monday.

Well Muck, according to your beleives, we should be releasing ricky williams by next week cause he had a lot of problems in New Orleans :pirate: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Well Muck, according to your beleives, we should be releasing ricky williams by next week cause he had a lot of problems in New Orleans :pirate: :rolleyes:

he wasn't knocking boston.. he was just stating where most people would not bring in a layer cause they are a problem child tamp dosent give a flying rats as$ about that.

tampa already has 3 quality receivers... if they take boston, we'd better get one of theirs. we only have one. you gotta share, tampa! (we'll take McCardell!)

Tampa may be interested, but so are alot of other clubs. Tampa has just about used up all there salary cap. And if they get Orlando Brown they will have nothing left. You can forget Tampa.

they just cut john lynch to free up something like 5 million...this is not good news... hopefully galloway accepts the latest one year offer they made him in the deal for keyshawn

Back
Top Bottom