The funny thing about Feeley... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The funny thing about Feeley...

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
is that in all likelihood, HE would have been one the QBs everyone would have been bitching about passing over in a draft years ago, had he never been injured.

Afterall, he was a Tedford QB, had a pretty good beginning of his career, so without those injuries, he probably would have become Harrington.

If all of Tedford's other QBs went in the first, I dont see why he wouldnt have..

thank god I've been waiting for a post like this i agree completely.

Had he actually played in college, he would have fallen even further than the 5th round. Feeley never had a chance in college to prove how bad he is. He would have been as regarded as Brock Berlin.

Jnaledu3 said:
Had he actually played in college, he would have fallen even further than the 5th round. Feeley never had a chance in college to prove how bad he is. He would have been as regarded as Brock Berlin.

Not a chance. So a guy doesnt play in college and gets drafted in the 5th, yet he plays a healthy carreer by a noted QB maker and he goes undrafted? Honestly fat chance.. If anything, Feeley would have been a 2nd Rounder at worst.

The problem with Tedford QBs is they get inflated stats, Feeley would have had the same..

Feeley is about on par with Harrington and Boller imo, only diff is they have a better supporting cast.

Skapephin you seem really in love with Feeley and I can't see why. Just because he was a Tetford Qb doesn't mean he would have gone in the first. You need to have a minumum of talent for that and I'm not even sure AJ has that minimum. Sad to say, but with him as our QB, we are going to another losing season, something like 7-9 even with a better running game and a better D agaisnt the run. Objective #1 for next year draft, a Qb who throws the ball to his own players for a change.

SkapePhin said:
Not a chance. So a guy doesnt play in college and gets drafted in the 5th, yet he plays a healthy carreer by a noted QB maker and he goes undrafted? Honestly fat chance.. If anything, Feeley would have been a 2nd Rounder at worst.

The problem with Tedford QBs is they get inflated stats, Feeley would have had the same..

Feeley is about on par with Harrington and Boller imo, only diff is they have a better supporting cast.

Both Harrington and Boller are more mobile than AJ, and thats an added dimension to their game

seriously, if you want all the Feeley bashing to stop, the dont continue to make threads about Wonderboy

If anything, the fact that Feeley was a Tedford QB actually does diminish how much I think of Feeley.. :lol:

But he was coached up by Reid in the Pros, so I think he might have some more potential based on that.. and Feeley has all the measurables of a decent NFL QB, and most of the intangibles as well..

Feeley has much more than minimum talent.. please, to see he is an absolute scrub like Spurgeon Wynn or somethign is ludicrous.. He has talent, and it was present at certain points last year..

Blah, blah.. Feeley apologists are happy because they have him for another year. Better start thinking of excuses for him now. Oh, wait- you probably wont have to since he will never take the field since Frerotte will be the starter.

Dudeman said:
Both Harrington and Boller are more mobile than AJ, and thats an added dimension to their game

seriously, if you want all the Feeley bashing to stop, the dont continue to make threads about Wonderboy

Interesting.. I made the comparison that he would have been the HARRINGTON of the draft.. Harrington doesnt really have much more mobility than Feeley. Feeley would have had inflated stats in college, would have been a 1st/2nd had he stayed healthy.. Tedford's QBs have ALL been 1st rounders, regardless if they were NFL good or not.

Jnaledu3 said:
Blah, blah.. Feeley apologists are happy because they have him for another year. Better start thinking of excuses for him now. Oh, wait- you probably wont have to since he will never take the field since Frerotte will be the starter.

Hey, if Feeley chokes this year I will be more than happy to dispose of him... But you guys wanting to CUT him THIS year are simply absurd.

SkapePhin said:
If anything, the fact that Feeley was a Tedford QB actually does diminish how much I think of Feeley.. :lol:

But he was coached up by Reid in the Pros, so I think he might have some more potential based on that.. and Feeley has all the measurables of a decent NFL QB, and most of the intangibles as well..

Feeley has much more than minimum talent.. please, to see he is an absolute scrub like Spurgeon Wynn or somethign is ludicrous.. He has talent, and it was present at certain points last year..

It's the intangibles I worry about with Feeley. I really hope a year of experience made a difference. Most of his bad decisions came when he was under pressure. He just seems to panic when the rush is coming. If that goes away, he could be pretty good. The physical tools are there.

Would anybody next year be willing to maybe give us Taylor and Maybe Boston for say Daunte Culpepper if they offered?

Jnaledu3 said:

Here's an excuse...there wasn't anything available that would have been a significant upgrade. What would you have Saban do, trade a few picks to move up and take Smith? Should he have reached and taken Rodgers at #2?

SkapePhin said:
Hey, if Feeley chokes this year I will be more than happy to dispose of him... But you guys wanting to CUT him THIS year are simply absurd.

Everybody knows that he will stay this year. And I do agree that he is probably just as talented as the 3rd tier of QBs in this draft (Orton, Mcpherson, Lefors). But himself and these guys are not starting material. Greene was our last chance for a QB in this draft. I do have a feeling that Saban will try an undrafted guy though.

Back
Top Bottom