The future of FA signings in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The future of FA signings in Miami

spiral

Starter
Reaction score
Anybody else think talented free agents around the league will be now lining up to be a part of this resurgence? Having been through something similar for many years in New England will undoubtably serve us well as we assemble the right pieces moving forward. Between playing for Coach Flo and with one of the youngest rosters in the NFL on the upswing, the future is so bright it makes me feel like 1983 all over again.

Anybody else think talented free agents around the league will be now lining up to be a part of this resurgence? Having been through something similar for many years in New England will undoubtably serve us well as we assemble the right pieces moving forward. Between playing for Coach Flo and with one of the youngest rosters in the NFL on the upswing, the future is so bright it makes me feel like 1983 all over again.
They already were last year just to play for Flores. We'll be a FA hot spot.

I’m done with the Mario Williams of the world and every slug coming here for the big money and then laying down. Just sign role players who have high motors. This is the nfl, do the homework on their personalities and tape shows, there‘s enough of it to make a well thought out decision. And Grier did that this year. I hope he does like BB, release them before they become useless

I don't see Miami adding FA's unless they're legit blue chip prospects
I think the opposite is true.

I don't see us adding/overpaying top tier FAs. It is a recipe for disaster cap wise. I think the big $ Jones signing was the outlier, but it was also key, when paired with Howard, to realizing the vision Flo had for this scheme.

No, I think mid level role fits are more likely, and also the correct way to go.

I think the opposite is true.

I don't see us adding/overpaying top tier FAs. It is a recipe for disaster cap wise. I think the big $ Jones signing was the outlier, but it was also key, when paired with Howard, to realizing the vision Flo had for this scheme.

No, I think mid level role fits are more likely, and also the correct way to go.

Byron Jones is a blue chip prospect for Flo's scheme.

Anybody else think talented free agents around the league will be now lining up to be a part of this resurgence? Having been through something similar for many years in New England will undoubtably serve us well as we assemble the right pieces moving forward. Between playing for Coach Flo and with one of the youngest rosters in the NFL on the upswing, the future is so bright it makes me feel like 1983 all over again
The direction of the team helps but guys who are good that allow themselves to get to free agency want to get paid. I would love to say Byron Jones came to Miami because he loved what a 5-11 team was building etc., etc. but the contract they offered him had a lot more to do with it I'm sure.

Byron Jones is a blue chip prospect for Flo's scheme.
Agreed, but that's one out of how many FA signings?

Your original statement implied a general direction. That has not been the reality, nor do I expect it to be going forward.

One move out of ten does not support a general philosophy.

I can see us getting two or 3 free agents but that's about it. first, the cap will be lower so you won't have as much money to spend and second, our roster is better now than it was after last year so we don't need as many free agents. Keep building thru the draft and only add 2 or 3 role players. Nobody expensive is the way to go imo.

Agreed, but that's one out of how many FA signings?

Your original statement implied a general direction. That has not been the reality, nor do I expect it to be going forward.

One move out of ten does not support a general philosophy.

Last year Miami needed to add talent. They needed to fill out the roster with players.

Going into next offseason I highly doubt they'll add multiple FAs, and maybe not ever again.

Back
Top Bottom