The future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The future

Alpha Phin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know everyone feels horrible about what's happening and not happening with the Dolphins, trust me I feel the same way. I know everyone is frustrated with Ireland and Ross, but what if this is Philbin and what he wants this team to become.

To be honest I am tired of the quick fixes (Joey Porter, Brandon Marshall, Chad Pennington). The only way to make this team a consistent winner and super bowl contender you have to build the pieces thru the draft and with young guys. For example just look at the Patriots and Packers and the way they’re built with young drafted players. Our defense is a good example of building thru the draft and developing players.

I just think we all need to take step back and look at the big picture, we don't want Manning for a few years, or Matt Flynn who may not be more than a solid backup which we already have in Moore.
This has to start with drafting our future quarterback. Here's how I see this working out and what could make a great start to the foundation of this team.

MOCK DRAFT
Round 1 QB RYAN TANNEHILL - I know there is a lot of reports about this guy and the issues with his game, but what people forget is he only has played 1-1/2 years as a starter. If you watch his game tape you will see a guy with similar attributes to Aaron Rogers. For example arm strength, size, mobility, quick release, and accuracy. He is raw at this point but a few more years in the same offense this guy can be special. Now I'm not saying he will be Aaron Rogers or even close but he does have a similar style that would be what Philbin wants.

Round 2 – WR MOHAMED SANU or WR ALSHON JEFFRIES – Either one of these guys has the potential to be a #1 receiver. The other good this about this is you get a guy that could be Tannehill’s target for the next 10-12 years. Similar to Stafford / Johnson or Dalton / Green.

Round 3 – Pick 1 – TE LADARIUS GREEN or MICHAEL EGNEW – This would also make sense for the future similar to adding a receiver along with Tannehill. Could you imagine this tandem for years.

Round 3 – pick 2 – DE TREVOR GUYTON – This will fill the need on the defense. Guyton could play in a 4-3 and 3-4 defense which fits what they are doing and he is a monster to team up with Wake. This could also be filled by signing Mark Anderson which would allow this spot for a guard or another receiver.

Round 4 – WR NICK TOON or MARVIN MCNUTT– Another guy that fits the type of receiver that Philbin had in Green Bay.

Round 5 – G RYAN MILLER Colorado – Big strong, athletic guard that fills a need at the position or at least competition.

Round 6 – SS SEAN RICHARDSON – Could be someone to develop in place of Y. Bell.

Round 7 – OT – TREVOR OLSEN – Athletic tackle which is what Philbin likes.

The great thing about this is next year you have less holes and just as many picks to continue to build this team.

I know all this is a lot and not everyone will agree with these picks, but I honestly like this scenario better than the quick fix with Manning or the drama with Marshall.

This could be the beginning of something exciting. Let see how this all plays out in the end.

Back
Top Bottom