The future? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The future?

cigar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wonder if the phins have any plans for Rosenfels after Feidler is gone. First off, Feidler has a cap friendly contract for the first 2 years, then he starts to get expensive and if he aint doing well, he might be gone after that. Not necessarily because he is a bad QB, but just because he becomes pricey. Lucas doesnt fit the offensive scheme and was brought in by Gailey who likes a mobile QB. Very contrasting compared to Turners offense with the pocket passer with accuracy. Plus Lucas is a free agent next year, so Rosenfels will be promoted to #2 im thinking. I know its early, but how much did they like this guy? Just an emergency? Or did they really like him, like Speilman says.

I think you are reading way to much into this. They gave up a seven for a look. Samething they did with McNown (Wasn't that a 5 though?)

They'll give him a season and if they like him, he'll stick and we'll go from there. If not, they'll try for someone else.

I dont know what they think about the guy. Thats what Im asking. What the hell do you think?

We gave up a 7th and a 6th for McNown.

Yes, we are looking at him and if he performs well we'll keep him.

I like him as a future backup but not a starter. Of course if he develops he could surprise us all.

Send Levcik to Arena and let him get used to the speed of the game.(if we even can send him to Arena and not Europe.)

we gave up a 6th rounder for mcnown.

Originally posted by Phinstd
We gave up a 7th and a 6th for McNown.

Yes, we are looking at him and if he performs well we'll keep him.

I like him as a future backup but not a starter. Of course if he develops he could surprise us all.

Send Levcik to Arena and let him get used to the speed of the game.(if we even can send him to Arena and not Europe.)

We waived Levik..we can't send him no where..He's own his own, unless Miami is hoping he gets though waiver and comes back to them...this may be the strategy right now..not many teams are looking for an undrafted rookie qb who hasn't done anything..and Miami maybe thinking that after the way he looked in the Saints game, no one will pick him up and he comes back to them..

I have a feeling they waived him so he would clear, and then be put on the practice squad. If this wasn't the case wouldn't he just be cut?

You know with the acquisition of Sage..what does that do to our Cap..and does it kill us next year..hopefully we should be able to absurb a 4th rounder's numbers...

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
You know with the acquisition of Sage..what does that do to our Cap..and does it kill us next year..hopefully we should be able to absurb a 4th rounder's numbers...

Sage only signed a 3 year contract. We do not assume any signing bonus money in aquiring him so we are on tap for $300k this year and $389k next year.

Dajesus, we can't cut a player with fewer than 3 yrs exp. they get waived. Vets get released.

Cigar, please don't correct people when you are wrong. We gave up a 7th rd pick as we switched places with Chi. last year and a 6th rd pick this year for McNown. Please, please,please do not correct me when you're WRONG!

Cigar read you're post wrong...I apologize...I thought you were saying we only gave up a 6th this year and not last year as well as switching places with Chi. in the 7th.

Had a bad night and got my panties in a bunch.

MDFinFan I was saying after he clears waivers(which he surely will) what to do with him as a practice squad player and candidate for futher development.(although at this point it clearly looks as though Kustok is ahead in the team's plans.)

I know we can't send him to Arena, I was merely trying to come up with something to get my fave team to have a QB who can play an all-around game.(No arm and nice accuracy with Jay, or all arm and no touch or decision making skills in Lucas.)

Originally posted by dolphinators13
Are future Qb will be drafted next year.

I agree with this ..................

Originally posted by Dajesus
I have a feeling they waived him so he would clear, and then be put on the practice squad. If this wasn't the case wouldn't he just be cut?

The fact they kept Kutzok for a few days more because he will be cut in the upcoming cuts, tells me that they want Kutzok on the practice squad...

Back
Top Bottom