the game is over. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the game is over.

bwallen

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Last season David Boston, Kendall Newson, Lamar Gordon, Tim Bowens and Junior Seau suffered season-ending injuries.

This season the conditioning program has already started, ahead of mini camps, quarterback camps, scrimmages and exhibition games. The Dolphins will play FIVE exhibition games plus 16 regular season games, and to win the superbowl they would have to play another maybe four gruelling games. Is it any wonder that there are season, possibly career ending injuries every year.

Each of those games puts money in the owners pockets. They sat they need the money to pay the huge salaries negotiated by players agents. The agents say the players demand the salaries. In my opinion, the chase for the almighty dollar is spoiling the game of football and ruining players careers :mad:

Players can be greedy a lot, they're taking advantage of having a job that is very popular around the world.

Amen brother

agents = :evil: :evil: :evil:

bwallen said:
Last season David Boston, Kendall Newson, Lamar Gordon, Tim Bowens and Junior Seau suffered season-ending injuries.

This season the conditioning program has already started, ahead of mini camps, quarterback camps, scrimmages and exhibition games. The Dolphins will play FIVE exhibition games plus 16 regular season games, and to win the superbowl they would have to play another maybe four gruelling games. Is it any wonder that there are season, possibly career ending injuries every year.

Each of those games puts money in the owners pockets. They sat they need the money to pay the huge salaries negotiated by players agents. The agents say the players demand the salaries. In my opinion, the chase for the almighty dollar is spoiling the game of football and ruining players careers :mad:

u kno i havent posted a lot on this site but ive been reading for about a year now...and i think that is the most interesting, intelligent post ive ever seen on this board...its one of those things u dont think about but when u do...it makes u disgusted:shakeno: nice post...very true

same with every other sport and buisness just look at the NHL

Im not sure, but i believe that we have 6 pre season games because were playing in the hall of fame game, it's a situation that can be either good or bad, i mean we have all new coaches, new players, the extra time can be helpul, but it must be used wisely!

well at least it's not like baseball and basketball where you have to play games every other night

finsrule84 said:
well at least it's not like baseball and basketball where you have to play games every other night
yeah but compared to Football the aforementioned sports are for poufters. WTF does a baseball player do that doesn't allow him to play the next night. After a game a Football player is so beaten up they can hardly move the next day. You gotta be fit for basketball but 40 mins of aerobic with some banging doesn't compare to 60 mins of pounding football. Football players deserve their money if any pro athelete deserves money, the others are a bunch of whiners.

mario88vega said:
Im not sure, but i believe that we have 6 pre season games because were playing in the hall of fame game, it's a situation that can be either good or bad, i mean we have all new coaches, new players, the extra time can be helpul, but it must be used wisely!
This year we have an extra preseason game, totaling 5. The HOF game is an add-on to the regular 4 game preseason schedule.

Btw, Great post bwallen...you should post more often ;)

With the exception of the Hall of fame games, every team that inspires to be in the SB will need to take the same rout, So it really doesn't matter..

You can say the players are greedy,but most NFL careers last a season or two then they are done. A few players make enough money to last them and their families entire life. What those players give in return is their long term health. I love to watch football, and as a young man I dreamed of being a pro. But in retrospect, having my health, the ability to walk my dog and play with my kids is much more important. I am in no way implying that given the chance I wouldnt have played in the NFL (if I had the ability, which I dont), But Ill bet more than a few of those broken down men in their 40's and 50's who didnt make the huge money would trade anything, the glory, the accolades for their health. The point of this post is yeah the players are greedy but they give back a lot too. If you want to see greedy look at the NBA. They try half as hard and make 5 times as much. Plus they have guaranteed contracts.

starters play very limited action in these preseason games and from their performance last year and hiring of a new coach I think it should be beneficial for them the more snaps they get.

MNFINFAN said:
yeah but compared to Football the aforementioned sports are for poufters. WTF does a baseball player do that doesn't allow him to play the next night. After a game a Football player is so beaten up they can hardly move the next day. You gotta be fit for basketball but 40 mins of aerobic with some banging doesn't compare to 60 mins of pounding football. Football players deserve their money if any pro athelete deserves money, the others are a bunch of whiners.

haha, im not a big fan of baseball, but it's harder than playing football. Playing 162 regular season games, sometimes two games in one day is tough. Don't respect baseball players. I have alot of respect for them. I think all professional athletes earn their money. I here people say all the time "they are overpaid". They bring in billions of dollars in profits, its only fair to give them a large sum of that money.

If you think the owners are too rich and the players overpaid then dont contribute to it. You the fan are the one watching or going to the game and buying the merchandise. The salaries are based on what the fans are willing to pay. You have no reason to complain if you spend every Sunday afternoon watching the games.

Back
Top Bottom